Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 05:18 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,303,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
My internet access is impaired because the person to whom I pay rent controls the internet access and his internet access is restricted and monitored because he did something bad.
Yes, you've used that excuse on us now hundreds of times. How's the smartphone project going? I think Hoover dam was built in less time than it is taking you to buy or get one free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 05:23 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,303,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
A non-job skill is a skill that real people perform in order to earn real money, but is a skill that will not get you hired by an employer.

Ever watch American Pickers? Two guys who travel around the country in a van searching for antiques they can buy low and flip for profit.

Since they do it for a living, it is clearly a skill, but I've never heard of an employer looking to hire people to do this type of work as employees.

In general, a skill which allows one to be self-employed and earning a self-sufficient living, but is not in demand by employers, is a non-job skill.

Right now there are thousands of people making a living re-selling on eBay, that qualifies as a skill.
You have thousands of "job skills." The Costco next door to my apartment (cheap apt and brand new) pays those folks who pass out food samples $14 bucks an hour and I live in a low cost of living state. The Costco is about 100 yards from my new apartment complex. That's 30 grand a year right there just using a small percentage of my brain power to indicate to you that you don't really want to improve yourself.

You could live on half of that in a brand new apartment and work and save 15k a year and still sell your stuff on eBay.

What's your excuse now? You say your life is miserable. Heck, I have lots of money and I choose to live here in this new complex. Certainly you could and you could earn more by doing tons of other jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies