Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 08:11 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,495,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
And why is it again you don't have an adult career like almost everyone else? Refresh our memories.

No marketable job skills and unable to use my marketable non-job skill because of the impaired property use I get with renting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 09:25 PM

1,896 posts, read 813,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Government caused the sub-prime mortgage crash as they were responsible for the policies that led to such poor lending practices. Not to mention, it is the governments manipulation of the currency with forced low interest rates which is greatly harming the industry and leading to massive bubbles in the economy due to no reality control on the value of currency.

Again, government is the problem here, always has been. Also, you can't point to a business or area of the economy that has been regulated heavy for years, then... deregulate it and point to the problems that come about as if it was the lack of regulation that caused it. It is the regulation that caused the problem and the problems you see immediately upon removal is the result of those regulations. In time, things will righten itself as the market has time to adjust and allow for new competition to evolve.

Nobody is saying there shouldn't be penalties for businesses that violate the liberties of another, but government has no clue about what is best in business and what is best for the people so these regulations often harm the industry and the individual.

Government needs to stop nannying the people and people who think they need a nanny should move to a country that views its people as subjects, not sovereign individuals who are expected to be responsible for themselves.
Sub primed mortgage showed what happens when you let the private market have too power. However, public vs private is just merely useful human constructs we use to try and guide our actions. Humans are the problem, not government or free markets but humans.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:26 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,305,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
No marketable job skills and unable to use my marketable non-job skill because of the impaired property use I get with renting.
No, I don't mean your excuses, I mean a real reason. Look up the definition for excuse and then look up the definition for reason and you will see a difference.

But let's just Play a little game because it's late Sunday night and I need a little more amusement before I go to bed. What is this marketable not job skill you have but you can't use because of impaired property?

Are you a world class diver but your landlord doesn't provide a swimming pool and high dive for so you can't market that non-job skill? Something like that?

Old 10-23-2016, 09:40 PM

724 posts, read 594,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
You sound like the kind of guy that would be shining my shoes and staving half to death if the market was truly deregulated. I can't make heads nor tails of what in the hell you just said.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:06 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,183,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
The term fair trade is completely appalling. Free trade works, or it will work. Fair trade is just protectionism, and does nothing but hurt productivity. The bottomline is you can't have productivity and protect every worker.
Fair trade is a logically approach to trading with countries and special interest groups here and abroad that can buy unfair trade deals. There is no doubt that our so called free trade agreements have failed. Vast areas of America have been destroyed economically due to those failed "free trade" agreements. The huge trillion dollar trade imbalance going back decades are real numbers. Why should the USA give away it's hard earned lifestyle for cheap goods built by slave labor? Remember, more than one war was started over trade.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:19 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,305,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
You sound like the kind of guy that would be shining my shoes and staving half to death if the market was truly deregulated. I can't make heads nor tails of what in the hell you just said.
He has no idea either. He has marketable " non-job skills." What the heck are those??

Old 10-30-2016, 06:48 AM

998 posts, read 1,216,461 times
China's Low Wage & Free Market has Lost them Jobs! The USA is Gaining Jobs on China even though we have more old people retiring!

Old 10-30-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
No, I don't mean your excuses, I mean a real reason. Look up the definition for excuse and then look up the definition for reason and you will see a difference.

But let's just Play a little game because it's late Sunday night and I need a little more amusement before I go to bed. What is this marketable not job skill you have but you can't use because of impaired property?

Are you a world class diver but your landlord doesn't provide a swimming pool and high dive for so you can't market that non-job skill? Something like that?

My internet access is impaired because the person to whom I pay rent controls the internet access and his internet access is restricted and monitored because he did something bad.

Old 10-30-2016, 04:49 PM

Quote:
He has no idea either. He has marketable " non-job skills." What the heck are those??

A non-job skill is a skill that real people perform in order to earn real money, but is a skill that will not get you hired by an employer.

Ever watch American Pickers? Two guys who travel around the country in a van searching for antiques they can buy low and flip for profit.

Since they do it for a living, it is clearly a skill, but I've never heard of an employer looking to hire people to do this type of work as employees.

In general, a skill which allows one to be self-employed and earning a self-sufficient living, but is not in demand by employers, is a non-job skill.

Right now there are thousands of people making a living re-selling on eBay, that qualifies as a skill.

Old 10-30-2016, 05:10 PM

1,896 posts, read 813,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
China's Low Wage & Free Market has Lost them Jobs! The USA is Gaining Jobs on China even though we have more old people retiring!
Yep. China is losing manufacturing to lower cost SE Asian countries and Mexico (a country with a lot of free trade deals and geographically positioned very well). China is losing the demographics battle and is losing workers to automation. China's state owned companies own a lot of toxic debt as they care more about employment than profits per their central government decree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies