Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 12:46 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruspalinski View Post
Thousands of California soldiers forced to repay enlistment bonuses a decade after going to war - LA Times

Just goes to show you how politicians act like they really give a crap of the people that they send to suffer and die for their greed but in reality most wouldn't think twice stepping over their dead bodies for a nickel.

I wish we could make every politician have a far more reasonable salary, say $40K a year and use the money we save on far more important things like these people who do a lot more for humanity and have a lot more humanity than any of these evil politicians.
Meanwhile ILLEGAL ******* IMMIGRANTS and MUSLIM FOREIGNERS are getting thousands of dollars a year.

Anyone voting for clinton is disgraceful

Old 10-23-2016, 01:35 AM

5,833 posts, read 4,169,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Meanwhile ILLEGAL ******* IMMIGRANTS and MUSLIM FOREIGNERS are getting thousands of dollars a year.

Anyone voting for clinton is disgraceful
What does any of this have to do with benefits for illegal immigrants? And what "Muslim foreigners" are getting thousands of dollars per year?

Old 10-23-2016, 01:50 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Politicians screw the pooch and vets are left holding the bag? This type of corrupt, incompetent BS from establishment pols is why Trump is the candidate this year. What do you want to bet that no one in charge is held accountable? Heck, maybe they will be made AG if Lynch goes down in the next couple months.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:00 AM

5,833 posts, read 4,169,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Politicians screw the pooch and vets are left holding the bag? This type of corrupt, incompetent BS from establishment pols is why Trump is the candidate this year. What do you want to bet that no one in charge is held accountable? Heck, maybe they will be made AG if Lynch goes down in the next couple months.
What politicians screwed the pooch? Did you actually see who was arrested because they were responsible for these overpayments? Hint: It wasn't politicians.....it was actually service people.

There should be a rule on this forum against posting in response to articles if you didn't actually read the article.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:34 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Thousands of California soldiers forced to repay enlistment bonuses a decade after going to war - LA Times

Just goes to show you how politicians act like they really give a crap of the people that they send to suffer and die for their greed but in reality most wouldn't think twice stepping over their dead bodies for a nickel.

I wish we could make every politician have a far more reasonable salary, say $40K a year and use the money we save on far more important things like these people who do a lot more for humanity and have a lot more humanity than any of these evil politicians.
I'm a little confused.

First it says , "the California National Guard enticed thousands of soldiers with bonuses of $15,000 or more"

Then it says, "Now the Pentagon is demanding the money back."

So, who made the promise, Ca. or the Pentagon?

Who paid out the money, Ca. or the Pentagon?

I undersatnd your feelings about the pay but, with statements likes this, "I wish we could make every politician have a far more reasonable salary, say $40K a year" you are NOT being realistic.

In fact, you are being downright IGNORANT about what it costs to be a Congressman.

Old 10-23-2016, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Exactly. It's not the soldiers screw up, so why are they the ones being asked to pay? Why not take the hundreds of thousands of dollars that politicians get that they have never done anything to deserve?
"Why not take the hundreds of thousands of dollars that politicians get that they have never done anything to deserve?"

Grow up!

Old 10-23-2016, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Wow, unbelievable. I do not even see how this is allowed; the contract is signed, and that is that, but I am sure there is some buried regulation somewhere that gives the military an out for collecting on something like this.

I do not even know the mindset of how this even developed; years ago contracts signed, they were signed for a set amount of money, and that money was enticement or whatever for these people to reenlist. They gave their time under the condition of getting that bonus.

This is complete BS by the government. I like to know where our esteemed gov representatives ar eon this matter, I have already wrote to mine.
"the contract is signed, and that is that,"

NOT if it is an INVALID contract.

The Guard did NOT have the authority from the Pentagon to make such an offer.

IMO. the STATE of Ca. should be on the hook for honoring the promises made under ITS responsibility.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I'm saddened by our countries loss of dignity.
And yet many get upset at those who kneel in protest over the actions of the government. They act like it is a slap in the face to those who served when in reality the kneeling also includes the unconscionable actions of how the government treats those who served.

Those with mental issues amplified by what they experienced in the field and can't access proper care here and then get shot on the street when things snap.

I get called out for supporting the kneeling when the proper position is to ask why more are not protesting.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Why not take the hundreds of thousands of dollars that politicians get that they have never done anything to deserve?"

Grow up!
These were meant as part time jobs.

Old 10-23-2016, 06:26 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
Looks like the Pentagon is trying to find the $5.6 trillion that it's missing.

They should send out notices when any money is offered that if they accept any money in error it's considered theft and will have to be repaid or charges will be filed.

That way people who think they got extra free money that they know they shouldn't get won't be tempted to take it.

and they are not being forced to pay legit enlisting bonuses only the ones that were sent out in error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies