Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2016, 03:14 PM

19,964 posts, read 7,924,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I was responding to someone who claimed there was some propaganda going on. My whole moral of the story was I am not concerned. It isn't a threat to people. Individuals who have a disdain for Blacks are a threat to me.
It is a huge threat to others' well being. It's psychological, physical and economic manipulation and abuse. If the shoe was on the other foot you'd see the problem. Your ethnocentrism and bias in your posts is overwhelmingly clear. Your premises again and again is basically "if you have a grievance related to policies and my identity group then you're just a 'hater' of my group and a threat to me as a group member.".

If you're really the great person you claim, then people would accept you voluntarily and there would be no need for the group identity politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
And I've never seen anything in real life that you've mentioned. I only hear it in the news. The reality that I live is different from yours. I don't have any observation bias. I know what I(keyword, me) have experienced. You don't know what I've been through and I don't know what you've been through.
Fair enough. Who knows what any individuals experience is. Why didn't you just live in a black area and go to black schools then? The difference is people like me don't impose ourselves on others and scapegoat them and advocate for Big Brother government and an army of liberals to push them around.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:45 PM

20,741 posts, read 19,453,694 times
Quote:
I was responding to someone who claimed there was some propaganda going on. My whole moral of the story was I am not concerned. It isn't a threat to people. Individuals who have a disdain for Blacks are a threat to me.
The hole in this debate is black racists are also a threat. They are more concentrated and more socially tolerated . Some people even think black racism doesn't exist. Its also a worth mentioning that white racists literally want nothing to do with blacks. A lot of the complaint I see from blacks is they want to be around the whites that supposedly oppress them. There are lots of places to go besides where white are.

Either way what you are afraid of is what other people are already experiencing. Blacks who have disdain for other races are a threat . That is why we are seeing daily footage of black crime and hostility. You are afraid of what now is a reaction to black racism. That's the tragic irony. Today the biggest problem blacks have is the prejudice they have against others in their own ranks which is causing the reaction. There is nothing hateful about not wanting to live in or near Englewood. Its a good move if you don't want to be murdered.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:08 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,726,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Blacks are not running our media.....Who is really more dangerous between the two? Is it black unsupervised teens running amok because of substance abusing mothers and absentee fathers or the complacent degenerative society with a mind control media that is the biggest threat?
I never said blacks ran the media. The latter is more dangerous. I don't know what your point is.

Last edited by MPowering1; 10-27-2016 at 04:25 PM..

Old 10-27-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I'm not denying that this stuff took place. I'm not excusing it. I am saying this. I don't think this stuff is being mentioned for the right reason. If we are here to talk about hate crimes, then we should talk about those hate crimes. We are here to talk about why there is so much racial tension and violence. I am looking at the OP's first sentences on this topic. That is what I am judging this on. Maybe if it read "Hate crimes at Temple University",

This quote:

Hate crimes in America are nothing new. America has been a hotbed of racial and ethnic tensions from day one. The hate crimes at Temple are a continuation of what has always happened.

What can you do when it's the ignorant who mainly bring up these events? Maybe I can't change what people think.

Honestly, I wouldn't know about this unless I lived in Philadelphia.
We're here to talk about what anyone wants to talk about. In the case of this thread, it's a news item. In the case of other threads, it's that a cop shoots a black man who didn't need to be shot. Or some crime a white person commits against a black person, a hispanic, a homosexual...whatever it is. People aren't here to be censored. You want to rewrite the thread because it evokes some feeling in you that is uncomfortable. It can't be rewritten. And the OP has a right to post.

I don't know what the OP's intention is. I see the name of the poster and it doesn't ring a bell. I think the post is poorly written and I don't understand what the OP is getting at. I post anyway. It's nothing more than that, in my mind.

The other day I was patiently participating in a thread (you were, as well), and in the course of perhaps three pages, suddenly got slammed by various posters. I quit posting in that thread. I've lost respect for certain people because of it. I have zero patience for those who write narratives about me even though they don't know me, and in the next breath some of them are making sweeping generalizations about white people, showing their damn ignorance and racism. I had a choice to ignore or engage. I chose to ignore when it got to that point.

We can't silence people because we don't like what they post. This doesn't have to be about race relations or hate crimes - it can be about an incident in the news. And I think that's all this is....or was until some started talking about how this ISN'T a hate crime, or doesn't happen often.

If there has to be a 'right reason for posting', then most of these threads don't need to be here and it's curious as to why you chose this one to start with.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:30 PM

5,849 posts, read 3,281,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
What exactly does this have to do with student diversity at Temple University. Doesn't look like the attackers were students and we don't know if all of the victims were white or if all the attackers were black. I saw footage of this taken on the street and there was a bunch of chaos with people of all shades....

Guess just another thread to start some racial crap though.
Yeah! The victims and their attackers. Take a look at the neighborhood surrounding Temple University. It is not white. People with the means, spend their lives lowering the odds of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I hope that the black leadership of these troubled areas take care of this problem.

Old 10-27-2016, 04:50 PM

4,982 posts, read 3,304,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
We're here to talk about what anyone wants to talk about. In the case of this thread, it's a news item. In the case of other threads, it's that a cop shoots a black man who didn't need to be shot. Or some crime a white person commits against a black person, a hispanic, a homosexual...whatever it is. People aren't here to be censored. You want to rewrite the thread because it evokes some feeling in you that is uncomfortable. It can't be rewritten. And the OP has a right to post.

I don't know what the OP's intention is. I see the name of the poster and it doesn't ring a bell. I think the post is poorly written and I don't understand what the OP is getting at. I post anyway. It's nothing more than that, in my mind.

The other day I was patiently participating in a thread (you were, as well), and in the course of perhaps three pages, suddenly got slammed by various posters. I quit posting in that thread. I've lost respect for certain people because of it. I have zero patience for those who write narratives about me even though they don't know me, and in the next breath some of them are making sweeping generalizations about white people, showing their damn ignorance and racism. I had a choice to ignore or engage. I chose to ignore when it got to that point.

We can't silence people because we don't like what they post. This doesn't have to be about race relations or hate crimes - it can be about an incident in the news. And I think that's all this is....or was until some started talking about how this ISN'T a hate crime, or doesn't happen often.

If there has to be a 'right reason for posting', then most of these threads don't need to be here and it's curious as to why you chose this one to start with.
I'm offended.

Old 10-27-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
I'm offended.
I doubt you're being serious, but if you are, you'll get over it by morning.

Old 10-27-2016, 09:20 PM

35,511 posts, read 17,414,469 times
Quote:
There were many people who didn't want integration, whether hood rats were there or not. The hood rats just expedite problems. I can tell you from my own experiences that hood rats don't share the only blame. I've been around some bigots. I've been harassed by some bigots. They make integration hard as well. Some leave at the very sight of a Black person. Some will harass Blacks. It goes both ways.
Something out of the box I thought of today.

When the civil rights movement started with Truman's post-WW II actions, Rosa Parks riding the bus, the Brown decision, the March on Washington and the Civil Rights, Voting Rights and Housing Rights legislation were passed, the premise was that the African-Americans (f/k/a blacks, f/k/a Negroes) wanted integration. The communal statement was "we want in."

At great expense and effort the bigots were beaten back and we legally integrated. Almost immediately the minorities thought better of it. They wanted "power" rather than integration. The hood rats are the ultimate expression of this sentiment.

So, which way? Do Ethnic Minorities Want In, or Out? They should get the benefits and burdens of either choice, not the pick of the best of both.In my opinion Integration is the Way to Go.

Last edited by jbgusa; 10-27-2016 at 09:31 PM..

Old 10-28-2016, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
. They wanted "power" rather than integration. [/url].
They always wanted power, to take over and get all the goodies and none of the responsibilities.

Liberals and group identity activist always at first sell their agenda with seemingly 'reasonable' requests and for 'noble' reasons, but that's never the real end goal and motivation. It's just the first step in the end goal of a complete power grab.

The liberal progressives might've fooled many in the 1960s but there's no excuse for being fooled ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies