Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 01:40 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,379,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I firmly believe Trump's election is the public saying they've had enough of BOTH parties. He's no GOP "Boy-O", certainly not liberal,nor is he a staunch conservative. He's more anti-party than he is a member of either.
I think people are tired of the same old-same old where nothing changes but the seat holder.
I guess we'll see, I for one hope like hell that Trump shakes things up and does truly drain the swamp!
He would have been the ideal third party candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 01:43 PM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
I firmly believe Trump's election is the public saying they've had enough of BOTH parties. He's no GOP "Boy-O", certainly not liberal,nor is he a staunch conservative. He's more anti-party than he is a member of either.
I think people are tired of the same old-same old where nothing changes but the seat holder.
I guess we'll see, I for one hope like hell that Trump shakes things up and does truly drain the swamp!
True, as evidenced by the DC vote...90 percent for HRC and 4.1 per cent for trump.
Those numbers speak volumes about whose feeding trough is being upset.
MD, virginia DE full of bureaucrats working for the federal agencies are now sweating. GOOD!

Old 11-09-2016, 01:46 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,613,035 times
People didn't vote for Trump. A populist that didn't win the popular vote?

People voted against what has become the party of the transgender bathroom and diversity as a catch phrase.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:50 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
True, but we've never had a more divisive President in over one hundred years as the one that was elected last night. Of course he never cared about unity, and never will.

The Great American Gamble.
The most divisive President ever elected was Abraham Lincoln. History remembers him well even if some Trump supporters do not.

If Trump backs off on trade he may do well.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:52 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,462,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
True, but we've never had a more divisive President in over one hundred years as the one that was elected last night. Of course he never cared about unity, and never will.

The Great American Gamble.
On the other hand, Obama cares about unity and during his term, relations between races reached the lowest point in more than 50 years.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:33 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
He's neither.

This guy beat the democrats AND the republicans.

Those of us who wanted an Independent...we got him.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:51 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,083,997 times
Yes, Trump being elected, is the People chucking a [symbolic] grenade into the Senate/Congress. The 'Establishment' needs to recognize it for the message it is, that the People are fed up and willing to revolt against the status quo that both parties represent, just short of an open, armed revolution.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:56 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:

Wrong.

It's a repudiation of Liberals, and those who have impeded the will of the voters who elected them by enabling the liberal agenda and, at the same time, feathering their own nests.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:55 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Except that Trump is at heart a NY liberal . At some point social conservatives will realize they have been had , and that The Donald simply did , and does, what suits and benefits The Donald .

The Donald does not understand conservative Christianity or its social positions, regardless of their willingness to toss their morals aside and grovel at the feet of The Donald .

From The Donald's inner circle

Guiliani , who is pro choice, pro homosexual , will be in the running for AG.
Christie is a known and reviled moderate Republican , but will get some high level position.

Word from some friends with active GOP politician connections report that the reason the stock market didn't tank is that Wall St knows The Donald is a liberal at heart.

This should be fun to watch . I wonder how long it will take for the social conservatives to realize they have been had .

Old 11-09-2016, 05:59 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Except that Trump is at heart a NY liberal . At some point social conservatives will realize they have been had , and that The Donald simply did , and does, what suits and benefits The Donald .

The Donald does not understand conservative Christianity or its social positions, regardless of their willingness to toss their morals aside and grovel at the feet of The Donald .

From The Donald's inner circle

Guiliani , who is pro choice, pro homosexual , will be in the running for AG.
Christie is a known and reviled moderate Republican , but will get some high level position.

Word from some friends with active GOP politician connections report that the reason the stock market didn't tank is that Wall St knows The Donald is a liberal at heart.

This should be fun to watch . I wonder how long it will take for the social conservatives to realize they have been had .
I voted for him first and foremost because of the Supreme Court. If nothing else I am pretty sure I voted for the one option that would stack it conservative for the foreseeable future. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies