Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2016, 09:50 AM

1,850 posts, read 819,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman0war View Post
You may not give a crap about your fellow americans, such is your prerogative; however the majority of us do.
Majority in U.S. Support Idea of Fed-Funded Healthcare System | Gallup

And don't worry, we'll still pay for your healthcare.
If the majority care about their fellow Americans, why don't we just make it voluntary and have them demonstrate how much they care?

Oh, right, you're never able to answer that question.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:51 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Theres a LOT of interaction between parts of the ACA. It was believed at the time it was passed that it would have to be tweaked to keep it functioning. Most of those needed tweaks have been DOA with the House and Senate.

And suddenly the Republicans are realizing...they have it all. The house, Senate, and Presidency. And they have inherited ACA....but if they kill it....they don't have a replacement. They have NEVER had a functional replacement, what they had was a target to drum up hate against, that they kept as weak as possible.

And even they can see that the parts are all interconnected. But...its the great evil! Theyve been saying it for a long time. What do they do?

And then they ALSO have a ton of people who dont comprehend what would happen if they just made it disappear. They too have bought into the propaganda.

Yeah its going to be fascinating to watch.
it's almost like this stuff is hard and easy shallow answers actually solve the task once you're in charge.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:52 AM

18,801 posts, read 8,464,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'm not buying it. The propensity to become addicted is an inherited trait, as well. Doesn't mean the result is always addiction. It's a personal choice to use and subsequently become addicted.
Who makes the assessment and then calculate premium costs for the multitudes with multi-factorial diseases, where personal choice is but a part of the problem?

IMO we continue to educate the public and tax cigarettes and alcohol to death. Not try and winnow out its proportional disease causing implications. Too many people/patients, too complicated a menu with the assessment. Do you expect the patients doc to be sympathetic to the patient, or do what he or she can to increase that patients premium?

Old 12-19-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
it's almost like this stuff is hard and easy shallow answers actually solve the task once you're in charge.
Actually, it's easy. Liberals are like "if you get rid of Obamacare, what's the replacement???" Uh ...whatever we had before it (at worst). It's like Harvard degrees aren't worth much any more.

Old 12-19-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Do you expect the patients doc to be sympathetic to the patient, or do what he or she can to increase that patients premium?
So you expect the patient's doc to care about what the patient thinks, since the patient isn't paying him? You get that right? The insurance company or government is paying him, so he cares more about what they say than the patient. Liberals wanted it that way.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:00 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,590,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
So you expect the patient's doc to care about what the patient thinks, since the patient isn't paying him? You get that right? The insurance company or government is paying him, so he cares more about what they say than the patient. Liberals wanted it that way.
Honoose IS a doctor, so he knows what he is talking about, unlike yourself

Old 12-19-2016, 10:00 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Quote:
Doctors rarely know the cost or the reimbursement for a particular test or treatment protocol. They may have an idea, but the details elude them in the daily grind that is seeing patients.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Sure, they're being paid at pennies on the dollar, which equates to them donating their time. Hospitals also do the same thing. Like I said, since liberals love free labor so much, they should all be forced to work for free for society.

P.S. "The government" doesn't pay anyone. Taxpayers do. You're perpetually incorrect.
We docs get paid minimally. These days public reimbursements are very borderline based on ever increasing business overheads. As I am moving toward retirement, I no longer work Fridays. If I was to drop another day I would not profit at all on my office practice, as my overhead stays the same.

Hospitals do well with their lobbying. Especially as they can get 2-3X what I can for the same outpatient testings. In fact these days I make more money profit sharing with my hospital than I do working in the office.

Government does pay for some of HC, that taxpayers don't or ever will pay through deficit spending. About a 1/3 of Medicare for instance. Granted taxpayers pay some of the interest on the debt. But for 2 things. The debt is never paid off, and our taxes are based on our income, not national debt.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Honoose IS a doctor, so he knows what he is talking about, unlike yourself
Wow, he's a doctor and still can't explain why I have to pay for his family's medical bills? That's terrible.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Or my wife who tripped and broke her wrist. She developed Reflex Sympathetic Destrophy from that fall. Lesson learned------------------------never trip.
This is why we risk share and have insurance in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies