Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2016, 07:00 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
Really? If homosexuality is common and normal, then it's pretty odd that it repulsed most people until about five years ago, when the media magically said that everyone accepted it.

Looking at history, people weren't repulsed by it before they were repulsed by it.

Inconvenient fact for you.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:01 PM

Quote:
LOL, 5,000 people with a 73% response rate in an age range from 15-49 told you about America? That's neat.

Can you come up with something better to prove your point other than your feelings?

Didn't think so.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:05 PM

1,850 posts, read 821,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Looking at history, people weren't repulsed by it before they were repulsed by it.

Inconvenient fact for you.
Really? If they weren't repulsed by it, then why did they become repulsed by it? I enjoy these stories you make up, so entertain me.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:10 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,810 times
Quote:
Good luck trying to change it.
Well, we keep nominating Libertarians, but they don't get elected.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Also, it wouldn't make any sense. Heterosexual marriage is normal and societally accepted. Then, as I documented, after dozens of defeats at the ballot box, gay marriage was forced on America. And so to argue "well, maybe nobody should be married" is illogical. Gays should just not be married.

When the ban on interracial marriage was lifted by the Supreme Court more than two thirds of Americans were against it.

So, by your thinking, interracial marriage could still be illegal.

Do you think that would be right?

And then there is this:

Record-High 60% of Americans Support Same-Sex Marriage | Gallup

Bottom line, the rights of minorities should not be decided by popular vote, that is one of the things that makes America great.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Really? If they weren't repulsed by it, then why did they become repulsed by it? I enjoy these stories you make up, so entertain me.

I didn't make them up, they are a part of history, FACT, whether you like it or not.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
When the ban on interracial marriage was lifted by the Supreme Court more than two thirds of Americans were against it.

It's interesting that you are trying to equate interracial heterosexual marriage with homosexual marriage. That's more of a reach than when I draw parallels between homosexuality and pedophilia, which always triggers people on the left.

Quote:

That's neat. So why did dozens of referendums keep failing until they had to mandate gay marriage because judges got tired of striking down the will of the people?

Quote:
Bottom line, the rights of minorities should not be decided by popular vote, that is one of the things that makes America great.
Except that marriage isn't a right. Also, it's sort of poor form to talk about minorities when you just tried to argue that the majority support gay marriage, which means you just trampled on the minority, who are opposed to gay marriage. Also, you just admitted that the popular vote is against gay marriage, which contradicts everything you've been claiming.

Quote:
I didn't make them up, they are a part of history, FACT, whether you like it or not.
So no stories about what caused everyone to spontaneously reject the previously-normal and accepted homosexual anal sex?

Old 11-24-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
It's interesting that you are trying to equate interracial heterosexual marriage with homosexual marriage. That's more of a reach than when I draw parallels between homosexuality and pedophilia, which always triggers people on the left.

That's neat. So why did dozens of referendums keep failing until they had to mandate gay marriage because judges got tired of striking down the will of the people?

Except that marriage isn't a right. Also, it's sort of poor form to talk about minorities when you just tried to argue that the majority support gay marriage, which means you just trampled on the minority, who are opposed to gay marriage.

So no stories about what caused everyone to spontaneously reject the previously-normal and accepted homosexual anal sex?

You missed the point.

In this country the fundamental rights of the minority are not subject to majority vote.....that is what makes this country great and that is what makes interracial marriage and homosexual marriage comparable......neither would exist if it was up to the masses.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
You missed the point.

In this country the fundamental rights of the minority are not subject to majority vote.....that is what makes this country great and that is what makes interracial marriage and homosexual marriage comparable......neither would exist if it was up to the masses.
So, to repeat:

1) Marriage isn't a right.

2) You claimed that everyone supports gay marriage, so clearly they're not in the minority, according to you.

3) You just admitted that the majority vote opposes gay marriage, which would not exist if it was "up to the masses," which contradicts the unscientific polls you tried to post.

4) I'm still interested in the story you're going to make up to tell me how homosexuality was normal and accepted until it wasn't and how that occurred.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:29 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
What do you feel when you read the thread title?

Just 20 years ago, I could make this statement and there would hardly be a cringe among a crowd.

Today, it is seen as taboo; as if a damning slander suddenly leaped out of the dark ages. Heck, someone might close this very thread.

Why is this? How is it that a societal opinion can change so quickly, and so fiercely?
If consenting adults want to marry, that is their business, not mine.

I always get along real well with gay people, so having married gay neighbors would mean I'd probably have neighbors I like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies