Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2016, 04:59 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,519,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Border control in California ? How did all of those illegals all get in with that airtight security ?
They came from the US border with Mexico. California doesnt control that.

Clearly we should tho as the US govt is totally incapable.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:04 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I was trying to think of a world in which red state republicans could understand this, and frankly I failed.

Kansas is an especially glaring example of the failure of the GOP economic line.

I don't know. It's not perfect, it certainly isn't an absolute truth, and no one is claiming it to be. Even that requires a degree of thought and consideration that seems to be completely missing from the rural voter. The idea that history is real, politics have history, and history occurs in cycles is nearly heresy.
What's with the sudden obsession with Kansas all of a sudden? 6 weeks ago West Costies forgot it was a state, now suddenly it justifies everything wrong with California.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:07 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Nope just welcomed them with open arms and provided them with all the benefits of legal citizens. Sorta like feeding stray cats and wondering why more cats keep showing up.

Well, of course they're not welcomed everywhere in California. How many live in your neighborhood again?

Old 11-23-2016, 05:12 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Nope just welcomed them with open arms and provided them with all the benefits of legal citizens. Sorta like feeding stray cats and wondering why more cats keep showing up.

Well, of course they're not welcomed everywhere in California. How many live in your neighborhood again?
I say we flood California with another 300 million Third Worlders since they're so anxious to help. Then watch the buttercups scream ... kinda like welcoming refugees. Buttercups are all for it until you drop about 1,000 Syrians in their neighborhood.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Haha the number of undocumented persons crossing the border is at historic lows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliFact
The best indicator available is the number of people apprehended by the U.S. Border Patrol, an imperfect metric because some people can be double-counted if they are apprehended twice, for example.

Those data show a mostly steady decline to 337,117 apprehensions in the 2015 fiscal year. In contrast, apprehensions peaked in 2000, when more than 1.6 million were logged.

To see a lower nationwide apprehension rate you would have to go back 44 years, to 1971.

(The vast majority of those apprehensions in 2015 — 98 percent — were along the southwest border.)
Crime and illegal immigration are at decades-long lows, says Barack Obama | PolitiFact

Your frothy-mouthed hysteria looks really silly at this point-fyi

Quote:
When I take my dog for a walk, I'll be sure to knock on every door and find out.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:28 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

ROFLMAO!

I know of at least 1 bridge between Arizona and Calif that bypasses the Ag inspection stations so your argument is BS.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:36 PM

979 posts, read 490,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Oregon and Washington will never secede with the whole state of California.

We would only want the northern third of the state.

Everything from Mt Lassen on up.
Draw a line from Reno, Nevada to the Pacific coast.
We'll take everything north of that.

California can have the rest.

I don't know why these self centered Californians always think that Oregon and Washington loves them.

We. don't. want. anything. to. do. with. them.

Period.
This made me laugh, but also, it is really true. The more likely scenario if secession ever happened on the west coast would be Oregon and Washington and maybe some parts surrounding the two states would join into becoming Cascadia, and the state of California would become its own country. At that point, the two countries could work together on things while still being able to govern themselves.

As someone who grew up on the pacific coast, I have much more in common with people in California than I do people from the east coast, but that doesn't mean I want people from California living in the northwest, nor do I want Southern California running the country's government.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:38 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,661,496 times
Quote:
What's with the sudden obsession with Kansas all of a sudden? 6 weeks ago West Costies forgot it was a state, now suddenly it justifies everything wrong with California.
It isn't new.

We've been watching Kansas collapse for at least two years now.

Just because this is new to you does not mean the rest of us were also unaware.

Old 11-23-2016, 05:42 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,010,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
This made me laugh, but also, it is really true. The more likely scenario if secession ever happened on the west coast would be Oregon and Washington and maybe some parts surrounding the two states would join into becoming Cascadia, and the state of California would become its own country. At that point, the two countries could work together on things while still being able to govern themselves.

As someone who grew up on the pacific coast, I have much more in common with people in California than I do people from the east coast, but that doesn't mean I want people from California living in the northwest, nor do I want Southern California running the country's government.
The Pacific NW is awesome. I visited Portland and fell in love with it. It's what CA preaches to be but does it without the pretension or elitism

They'd never secede with CA. They don't like CA or what it stands for. I saw so many t shirts and stickers for sale that said 'Oregon is above CA'. I don't know why they think Oregon love them

Old 11-23-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
ROFLMAO!

I know of at least 1 bridge between Arizona and Calif that bypasses the Ag inspection stations so your argument is BS.
right, they regulate the entry of potential risks to the state's produce, NOT the legal status of motorists-that's the FEDS job.

All those triggery happy aryans driving up and down the border in imposing trucks and they cant stop poor migrants from rural Mexico? And your blaming California's Ag inspection stations?

Haha how absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies