Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2016, 09:29 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803andy View Post
http://static2.businessinsider.com/i...00/rtssksf.jpg

Police spray North Dakota Access Pipeline protesters with water cannon - Business InsiderAfter months of protest against the proposed North Dakota Access Pipeline, the clash between police and activists heated up Sunday night as temperatures cooled to dangerous levels.
Protesters, many of whom are from the Standing Rock Indian Reservation, have been demonstrating against the oil pipeline that would pass through North Dakota's Lake Oahe, a sacred burial site and major source of drinking water for the Standing Rock Sioux.

Really??
I would think Soros is paying them enough for some cold weather gear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 09:31 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
I guess I don't really know what some of you think these natives are accomplishing. The oil is going to get produced, the cost will be higher because they'll have to ship it by rail. Rail is much more damaging to the environment and a much higher chance of a spill than a pipeline.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ummm...yea, the water and the waterway are not private anything. Isn't that what I said?
That was my argument. Plain and simple. It's wrong to say that this is just about private property. It is not.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I would think Soros is paying them enough for some cold weather gear.
Those on the others side aren't being paid?

Old 11-25-2016, 09:35 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,033,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
No. It IS exactly.

Unless you are native American, you are an immigrant.
Someone badly needs a dictionary:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
immigrant

[im-i-gruh nt] /ˈɪm ɪ grənt/

noun 1. a person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-25-2016, 09:35 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Those on the others side aren't being paid?
They're being paid to enforce the law. Which is what they're doing.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
They're being paid to enforce the law. Which is what they're doing.
And some might be getting paid to exercise their Constitutional rights.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:42 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,129 times
Quote:
That was my argument. Plain and simple. It's wrong to say that this is just about private property. It is not.
Well then make up YOUR mind about what it is about. First it's about water. Then private property. Then treaties. Then government overreach. Then tribal artifacts. Then, whatever today's excuse is. You and the other no-DAPL people change your tune as soon as you're proven wrong about whatever your daily changing cause is. That pipe could be made of solid gold running bottled water through it and some of you folks would find a reason to gripe and complain as long as you can be destructive and obstinate. Ya'll are the rubberneckers at the car accident, but when there's no accident ya'll cause one just so you can watch.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Well then make up YOUR mind about what it is about. First it's about water. Then private property. Then treaties. Then government overreach. Then tribal artifacts. Then, whatever today's excuse is. You and the other no-DAPL people change your tune as soon as you're proven wrong about whatever your daily changing cause is. That pipe could be made of solid gold running bottled water through it and some of you folks would find a reason to gripe and complain as long as you can be destructive and obstinate. Ya'll are the rubberneckers at the car accident, but when there's no accident ya'll cause one just so you can watch.
I have never changed my argument nor does it have to be about just one thing.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:03 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
I went into a great more detail than what you quoted here. (Sigh) I hate the cherry picking tactic. But I should have expected it. And I never said anything about this being about property rights. All I did was explain in a little more detail what I saw you basing your premise on. Nothing more. I also explained what I see this as being about which is money. Plain and simple. Not spirits of anscestors, burial sites, water quality or whatever.

At the bottom of this I'm actually betting that the tribes and the feds have a mutual interest. I don't trust either in their motives. The core of it for me at this point is that it's been settled legally, and the line is going to be built. I'm thinking this "protest" is nothing but extortion under a "spiritual" banner. I'm thinking some sort of payout is for the coming just to get these people to leave. It's pretty simple. Their costing a LOT of money to be layer out with their antjcs. So they get paid off, for less than it would cost if they stay, and it's party time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies