Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 06:22 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,722,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Legally valid birth certificates.
And how do you go about obtaining this information? Record keeping in 3rd world countries isn't the best. I guess you could always deport to where mom is from, but that opens up a whole other mess if the anchor baby is not a citizen of that country.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:37 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
And how do you go about obtaining this information? Record keeping in 3rd world countries isn't the best. I guess you could always deport to where mom is from, but that opens up a whole other mess if the anchor baby is not a citizen of that country.

The anchor baby is a citizen of the mom's country.

Old 11-29-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That's news to me, and I've been reading your posts for years

Then you have a reading comprehension problem as I have always said that the employers need to be held accountable. I have always been an advocate of e-verify and have always said so. The part you probably don't like is that I feel that their illegal workers are just as guilty and that both should be held accountable. The left like you never wants any part of the blame being put on the illegals themselves.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
In other words, good luck trying to round up illegals the old fashioned way, the way that is constantly championed around here. Seems like the only logical way to save this problem REALISTICALLY, is to give illegals a special, at least a non-immigrant visa. Get them leg status, start paying taxes, fingerprint all of them like every other visa applicant needs to do, and there you go. The only thing stopping this is, quite frankly, racism. I will laugh so hard if this is the solution Trump ultimately comes up with. But, how are you going to deport 11 million people? It's a total logistical nightmare

Once, again there is no reason to round them all up and that isn't what is championed by most of us. Remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and many if not most will self deport.

No, it's not realistic nor fair to grant them any kind of legal status in our country. Americans need their jobs back and they in turn will be once again paying income taxes and contributing to our economy. Illegals also send billions out of our country not spent in our economy and they would continue to do so even if given legal status. It's not fair to immigrants waiting in their countries to come here the legal way either. We have annual quotas for legal immigration. Giving illegal aliens some sort of legal status would negate those sane quotas for the next 10 years!

Racism? WTH does racism have to do with wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced? Illegal alien isn't a race it's an unlawful status in our country. Typical liberal and/or ethnocentric to pull the unwarranted race card.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:41 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,205,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Once, again there is no reason to round them all up and that isn't what is championed by most of us. Remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and many if not most will self deport.

No, it's not realistic nor fair to grant them any kind of legal status in our country. Americans need their jobs back and they in turn will be once again paying income taxes and contributing to our economy. Illegals also send billions out of our country not spent in our economy and they would continue to do so even if given legal status. It's not fair to immigrants waiting in their countries to come here the legal way either. We have annual quotas for legal immigration. Giving illegal aliens some sort of legal status would negate those sane quotas for the next 10 years!

Racism? WTH does racism have to do with wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced? Illegal alien isn't a race it's an unlawful status in our country. Typical liberal and/or ethnocentric to pull the unwarranted race card.
Racism is just another ridiculous unrelated argument liberals use when the fact is that there are many hardworking and legal Latinos that don't want illegals here either.

Old 11-29-2016, 10:31 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,961,338 times
Quote:
Then you have a reading comprehension problem as I have always said that the employers need to be held accountable. I have always been an advocate of e-verify and have always said so. The part you probably don't like is that I feel that their illegal workers are just as guilty and that both should be held accountable. The left like you never wants any part of the blame being put on the illegals themselves.
Quote:

You have a lot more energy and gusto towards punishing illegals themselves and not as much as employers. That is the tone that comes across in all of your posts. You go on long rants about press 2 for Spanish, Spanish signs, needing to make the illegals' lives as complicated as possible, and in the end of your rants you just type something to the effect of oh yeah we also need to go after employers. It's rarely, if ever, the first thing on your mind.

Quote:
IF their mother's country automatically confers citizenship on the child. Most do it, they must be registered first, like Mexico's case. But how do you prove who the mother's country is?

Old 11-29-2016, 10:43 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,722,919 times
Quote:
This becomes a big problem when you have generations of people who are not citizens (pretending that the US government no longer issues citizenship at birth). If we change citizenship laws, but do not enforce immigration laws, this is what will happen:

A lady came to the US in 1970 from Italy, had a daughter in 1972, and then daughter had a child in 1995. Are we really going to deport grandma, daughter, and daughter's child? Daughter and daughter's child attended American schools, speak English, and act 100% American. Are we saying that they should be deported to Italy (a country where she has never lived)? Also, remember that grandma could easily lie and say she was born in NY when giving birth and she has no idea who the dad is.

Basically, is what I'm getting at is that yes, anchor babies are a problem, but I can understand why it's important to have citizenship upon birth laws.

People come here and have kids because they know it's harder to deport parents when the child is a citizen. But if we eliminate reasons for illegals coming here, then the anchor baby problem is no longer a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Racism is just another ridiculous unrelated argument liberals use when the fact is that there are many hardworking and legal Latinos that don't want illegals here either.
But there is some truth behind it. For a while, Irish folks were discriminated against because they were seen as trashy. Before that, it was Italians. It's more discrimination than racism.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
You have a lot more energy and gusto towards punishing illegals themselves and not as much as employers. That is the tone that comes across in all of your posts. You go on long rants about press 2 for Spanish, Spanish signs, needing to make the illegals' lives as complicated as possible, and in the end of your rants you just type something to the effect of oh yeah we also need to go after employers. It's rarely, if ever, the first thing on your mind.

IF their mother's country automatically confers citizenship on the child. Most do it, they must be registered first, like Mexico's case. But how do you prove who the mother's country is?

No, I don't. It's just your imaginary, biased opinion. You just can't stand having the illegals themselves blamed for any part in this and IMO it is because you have ethnic ties to most of them here. Having to press 2 for Spanish, etc. is not just to pander to illegal aliens either. Why shouldn't the lives of illegal aliens regardless of their ethnicity be made more complicated? They are here in violation of our immigration laws and have a negative impact on our own citizens.

You ask the mother what her native country is, duh. Why would she withhold that information? You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
This becomes a big problem when you have generations of people who are not citizens (pretending that the US government no longer issues citizenship at birth). If we change citizenship laws, but do not enforce immigration laws, this is what will happen:

A lady came to the US in 1970 from Italy, had a daughter in 1972, and then daughter had a child in 1995. Are we really going to deport grandma, daughter, and daughter's child? Daughter and daughter's child attended American schools, speak English, and act 100% American. Are we saying that they should be deported to Italy (a country where she has never lived)? Also, remember that grandma could easily lie and say she was born in NY when giving birth and she has no idea who the dad is.

Basically, is what I'm getting at is that yes, anchor babies are a problem, but I can understand why it's important to have citizenship upon birth laws.

People come here and have kids because they know it's harder to deport parents when the child is a citizen. But if we eliminate reasons for illegals coming here, then the anchor baby problem is no longer a problem.

But there is some truth behind it. For a while, Irish folks were discriminated against because they were seen as trashy. Before that, it was Italians. It's more discrimination than racism.

I am not nor have I ever been for deporting anchors no matter what generation they are. I am for deporting those here illegally in our country who weren't born here. Once birthright citizenship is re-interpreted from that point forward any babies born from illegal alien parents will not be deemed birthright citizens and therefore both they and their parents should be deported.

However, any minor children here with their illegal parents should return to their homelands along with their parents voluntarily. Minor children belong with their parents.

Racism has no part in the discussion of illegal immigration and no comparison to the early immigrants who came here "legally".

Old 11-29-2016, 07:39 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,129,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
Right, so your priviledge situation is shared for most of your compatriots?

What did you study?
I also have no debt other than house and cars. Savings. A good job. Healthcare. Etc

But I grew up upper poor/low middle class.

The color of my skin didn't do anything for me. I worked for it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies