Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 10:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It's a moot point, and it goes nowhere. There's no consolation prize regardless of how you intend to argue it. Hillary voters are simply lying to themselves--it's time to move on.

The colleges have already cancelled their finals, and brought in more than enough counselors and play dough for you guys to work through this.
I dont think anyone's argument is to pretend Trump didnt win, The argument is he has no mandate as the majority of people chose someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2016, 11:06 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
I think what people are seeing as a flaw worked as intended. There is numerous safeguards in place to protect the minority viewpoint, predominantly the Senate and the difficulty involved with amending the Constitution.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:11 AM

772 posts, read 390,947 times
I agree!
President Trump's victory had a lot to do with the Dems NAFTA (jobs for foreigners) deal that shipped lots of jobs to Clinton Foundation donor countries.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:01 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I will never understand why people like you want to completely throw out the results in california, but want to keep Trumps blow out wins in Southern States or in the mountain west.

You cant be that naive.

Trump's blow-out wins are no more or less relevant than Clinton's blow-out wins.

Like Trump, Clinton gets the electoral votes for states won regardless of the margin of victory.

The federal government, in its entirety, is a creation of the states.

It exists to serve the interests of the union formed by the states while still respecting the sovereignty of each individual state.

We are the United States.

We are not the united citizens.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:04 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont think anyone's argument is to pretend Trump didnt win, The argument is he has no mandate as the majority of people chose someone else.

Yes, but the majority of the states chose Trump.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:51 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
This is what lost the election for Hillary: The Democrats turned their backs on the voters and supporters that actually built their Party.

Most of my life I was a Democrat. I am a retired 30 year Teamster. When I was younger the Republicans where looked on as supporting big business and the Democrats favored the little guys. Over the years these lines became invisible as more Democrats figured out that they wanted the big bucks and the 'little guys' had little money!

Hillary was an epitome of the Pay to Play system that would not even listen unless you had the funds to play (pay). Trump was down in the pits shaking hands and reaching out. Hillary was always surrounded by her chosen few - she looked aloof and untouchable.

Many have complained for years about special interest - but nobody has taken steps to curtail the system. Trump was saying what many of us wanted to hear. The fact that many in his own Party turned their back to him only made us stronger in our resolve. Of course we are afraid that we will not get everything; but only time will tell. As of right now he is the only one that has any chance to change the system.

Old 11-26-2016, 05:23 AM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Newsflash: Trump lost. By a couple million votes. He is president because of our goofy system not because he got the most people to back him.
Why is it a goofy system? State rights means each state has a vote. I'm sure if Clinton had won the same way the system would not be goofy?

Old 11-26-2016, 06:10 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
California isn't even ran by Hollywood. We're ran by Sacramento..

The greatest state in the union should have a say that is proportionate to our population...
"The greatest state in the union", you almost made be throw up with this one!

Old 11-26-2016, 06:19 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Democrats: "You wouldn't act this way if we didn't lose."

Republicans: "But 'cha did, Blanche, 'cha did."

Last edited by dechatelet; 11-26-2016 at 06:32 AM..

Old 11-26-2016, 06:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
He lost the popular vote (actual votes)
So what?

He won the election, and that's all that counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies