Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2016, 09:06 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,456,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
If you voted for Trump and actually thought he was going to do anything he said you are truly an idiot. He tapped into the emotions of white hicks (who weren't that smart to begin with in their middle-America trailer parks) and won. He's a smart guy despite what liberals say, he conned y'all, the same way Obama did blacks.

Again, if you're an adult and thought Trump could have followed through his campaign ideas please message me. I can also clear any debt you have and all you need to do is send me your credit card numbers.

lol Did y'all actually think he could bring back jobs and fix black communities too?

Poor white hicks that have been struggling actually thought a rich white man that was born with a silver spoon would have helped them. Lyndon B. Johnson had a quote, he said "Convince even the poorest white man he's better than a negro, and he won't realize when you're picking his pocket". And mr. trump who is smarter than any of his voters has/will be doing just that
The bolded. Clay County, Kentucky. The fools fell for bringing back coal jobs. Trump won't bring back even ONE. Furthermore, those poor folks had no health insurance. Under Obama coverage jumped 27 percent. One woman in particular got treatment for diabetes and even got cataract surgery. Yet the suckers voted 87 percent for Trump. P. T. Barnum called it as he saw it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 09:24 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
False stories?

Got some examples?
Maybe the WAPO article titled something like "What does Pol Pot, Stalin and Trump have in common?"

I actually tried to link to it but it's apparently been deleted although many rightwingers point to it.

That really only makes it noteworthy that they would pull the coverage. Pretty skeevy to try to hide what they actually wrote.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:27 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
The bolded. Clay County, Kentucky. The fools fell for bringing back coal jobs. Trump won't bring back even ONE. Furthermore, those poor folks had no health insurance. Under Obama coverage jumped 27 percent. One woman in particular got treatment for diabetes and even got cataract surgery. Yet the suckers voted 87 percent for Trump. P. T. Barnum called it as he saw it.
How is this different than Obama and Clinton?

Going to take those oil companies record profits?
Going to get out of Guantanamo?
Going to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan?

Any sane non-partisan realizes how much they are alike after all.

You idiots along with the birthers etc. can't recognize that Obama was Bush 3.0

Old 11-26-2016, 09:34 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,447,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Maybe the WAPO article titled something like "What does Pol Pot, Stalin and Trump have in common?" I actually tried to link to it but it's apparently been deleted although many rightwingers point to it..
How convenient.

So, you have nothing?

Old 11-26-2016, 09:37 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
How much have premiums gone up and how many young folks were forced to buy insurance they didn't need ?

Old 11-26-2016, 09:42 PM

2,405 posts, read 1,447,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I said they had the opportunity since they created the news by running the polling operations then reporting it.
You think that the media runs all the polls and manipulated them to help Hillary? Prove it.

Quote:
Most had Clinton +4 to +6 the day before the election.
They did? Maybe that's what the data said. Can you prove the polls were falsified, or not?

Quote:
CNN's reporting of the Clinton Foundation took up 3 links on the first Google search page. One explained the Clinton Foundation and how wonderful they believe it is, one was about a Fox news report about the Clinton Foundation CNN said was not accurate and the last was about how much better the Clinton Foundation is compared to the Trump Foundation. Nothing about any of the controversies surrounding it or Pay for Play allegations.
Yet I found these easily:

WikiLeaks reveals Hillary-world vexed by 'Bill Clinton Inc.' - CNNPolitics.com

Foundation becomes campaign issue - CNNPolitics.com

Inside the debate over probing the Clinton Foundation - CNNPolitics.com

Quote:
At the very least both foundations had controversies going on during the election but CNN chose only to report issues with Trump.
I just proved that false, so now what?

Old 11-27-2016, 12:12 AM

233 posts, read 191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again and give a 2nd term to another liar

Why don't people follow through on s*** anymore??
Why were you so naive? Donald Trump is a democrat. He and Hilary/Bill Clinton are FRIENDS!

Old 11-27-2016, 05:51 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,928,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Maybe the WAPO article titled something like "What does Pol Pot, Stalin and Trump have in common?"

I actually tried to link to it but it's apparently been deleted although many rightwingers point to it.

That really only makes it noteworthy that they would pull the coverage. Pretty skeevy to try to hide what they actually wrote.
Is this the one? Where Mr. Godwin discusses the origin of 'Godwin's Law' & its present day relevance?

Sure, call Trump a Nazi. Just make sure you know what you’re talking about.
The inventor of "Godwin's Law" about Hitler comparisons on the Internet says they're not always inappropriate.

Quote:
...To be clear: I don’t personally believe all rational discourse has ended when Nazis or the Holocaust are invoked. But I’m pleased that people still use Godwin’s Law to force one another to argue more thoughtfully. The best way to prevent future holocausts, I believe, is not to forbear from Holocaust comparisons; instead, it’s to make sure that those comparisons are meaningful and substantive. This is something a pleasantly surprising percentage of commentators in this political season have managed to do (like this piece on Trump by New America and CNN analyst Peter Bergen). And I’m pleased in any season to see more people revisiting the history books. ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.1f370c74d8aa

Link to Mr. Bergen's piece:

Is Donald Trump a fascist? - CNN.com

Old 11-27-2016, 05:53 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Love this post. The bolded cracked me up. LOL. The truth. Trump is a total tool.
I think His Orangeness has a special ring to it and I shall henceforth use the moniker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
That's MR. President tool to you! Just get back in the freebie line while it last, WE have control of the country for the nest few years!! Regardless of promises kept or not......
LOL about getting back in the freebie line...I think you guys need to update your playbook, specifically the insults section. So stale, so overused.

Old 11-27-2016, 06:00 AM

6,365 posts, read 4,193,409 times
Trump has intentionally "scaled down" (not changed) his promises as an attempt to be viewed as more of a moderate in order to appeal to the majority of the people, however, it should be obvious that the majority of his picks are people on the extreme right who will impliment his beliefs, IMO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies