Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 09:29 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think that after the inauguration, the Trump crowd will have a major sugar crash. All of a sudden empty slogans will not work.

Trump doesn't remember half of what he said. He likes to hear the sound of his own voice and applause. How many times during debates or interviews did we hear him say he never said something, and then had his own words read back to him.

He made promises without even having a clue about the law or how government works. Really easy to promise stuff if you have no idea what has to be done to fulfill that promise.

He's never had a clue what he believed on the issues. He would say something in an interview then change his policy 6 times in the next 3 days. Why do you think he hasn't given a press conference or one on one since July? He tweets something, then takes it back, and someone writes something else for him to say. He has read other people's words from his teleprompters. Those around him have gone on air to re-interpret everything he says.

He is easily influenced and easily manipulated by those around him, so anything he said in the past might change at any time. He's taking advice on politics and governing from an alt-right maniac and his 35-year-old son-in-law real estate guy. And, of course, his rather spoiled kids, who seem very far removed from the real world.

He's promised his cult everything. Of course he will not honor half of it. He's boxed himself in and he's not the brilliant guy he keeps telling everyone he is. This is the Peter Principle in action. He will do what people around him tell to do, as he is in over his head and has never before had to deal with the fact that words and actions have consequences.

The only thing you need to know is which of his 'advisors' he will listen to, because he hasn't made any decisions unrelated to branding, publicity, building resorts or bailing out of debt.
Yes, exactly what I mean about lacking a rational line of thinking. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Just like a wedding is not the marriage, an election campaign is not the Presidency. Quit being so self-righteous. You are only parroting what the media has told you. You don't have to like him or what the press has told you about him, but he is the duly elected President of the United States.

Are you going to spend the next 4-8-years in a petulant snit. It's time to get on board and hope that he succeeds, instead of pouting and stomping your foot like a child.
I've asked before what it means when people talk about "making America great again." Hard to get any kind of good answer...

This comment brings another question to mind that I would love to have answered. What does the media tell us?

Sure seems to me that all depends on which media you are talking about, right?

And as for who the media favors, I wonder if when the media publishes news about what someone says or does that is not positive, does that make that news organization biased? How would you cover Watergate, for example, without being accused of being biased against Nixon?

Beyond those more difficult questions, of course there is no way to escape biased news reporting, but we can seek the sources of news that are not as biased as others. After all, many of these news organizations cater to their audience, also on a quest for the almighty advertising dollar, so again, hard to expect pure unbiased reporting when Fox News, for example, or Bill O'Reilly, knows their following leans conservative.

"You don't bite the hand that feeds you..."

Old 11-27-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
My God Man! That (unfortunately) cannot be unseen! Creeeeepy! (Please provide a warning next time - I just threw up in my mouth a little bit)
Also besides not having that sort of time, why I don't/can't watch all the videos...

Old 11-27-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
True, and for sure the liberal media bastions of yellow journalism are doing their best to discredit anything and everything that Trump does or says, and their goals to destroy the man also include trying to discredit him with his supporters. But even a little common sense should tell anyone that it's not possible to actualize campaign promises instantly with a flick of a switch, especially before the president-elect takes the office. It's also important to realize that no president operates in isolation, he has to make those decisions and bring about changes within the balances of power, he has to pick his battles in this context, and make some of those changes in incremental steps which take time.
Either another who doesn't bother to read prior comments or purposely ignores them, and so the same head-in-sand mentality lives on...

Old 11-27-2016, 09:45 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,447,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Washington Post? CNN?

I hear they "spread lies" and "can't be believed because they were wrong about the election".

Do you have a source that a Trump supporter can accept, like BreitBart, InfoWars, or the Daily Stormer?

Old 11-27-2016, 09:46 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,447,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Also besides not having that sort of time, why I don't/can't watch all the videos...
It's not a video. So there's that.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
You know. Trump could follow Obama's plan to a tee and I wouldn't care.

Trump beat Clinton...BAHAHAHAHA
If I read another infantile "BAHAHAHAHA" I just might throw up.

I got the impression some time ago that most C-D posters where seniors, but lately I'm beginning to wonder about so many that seem to be minors...

Old 11-27-2016, 09:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I've asked before what it means when people talk about "making America great again." Hard to get any kind of good answer...
I have a feeling it will be used a lot in sarcastic sense.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:52 AM

[quote=shopalcholic;46319947]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post

Don't you love how the haters are back who cares all I can say is Thank God Hillary lost and Obama is leaving soon and did nothing with his false promises of hope and change .
Confused...

I thought Obama actually did manage to overhaul our health care system, to include millions who could not access medical coverage before with pre-existing conditions, and I thought he did get us out of Iraq as promised, all for the most part as promised even despite Congress and all the other factors that obviously take their toll on campaign promises. Not only bring hope to millions who didn't have it before Obama came along in these regards, but some pretty significant change as well.

Question: how many prior Presidents tried but failed to overhaul our health care system before?

"Did nothing?" Again, really?

Enough with the rolling eyes. Open them!

Old 11-27-2016, 09:52 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotsaPootsa View Post
Washington Post? CNN?

I hear they "spread lies" and "can't be believed because they were wrong about the election".

Do you have a source that a Trump supporter can accept, like BreitBart, InfoWars, or the Daily Stormer?

You cracked me up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies