Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2016, 09:54 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again and give a 2nd term to another liar

Why don't people follow through on s*** anymore??
He is following through. This has been Trump's MO in every endeavor he's ever taken on: Promise the rubes the world, grab their money (in this case, their vote), then deliver as little as possible while enriching himself and his friends.

Why on Earth did anyone expect any differently?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2016, 09:57 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
How much have premiums gone up and how many young folks were forced to buy insurance they didn't need ?
Premiums were already going up, and of course the young folks need to pay in, just as young folks pay into taxes and social security (for starters) during their early years while older folks begin to rely on those payments when they are no longer healthy or working or both.

Do so many Americans really not understand how this works? How insurance works?!? All over the modern world...?

Old 11-27-2016, 09:58 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,729,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I think His Orangeness has a special ring to it and I shall henceforth use the moniker.

LOL about getting back in the freebie line...I think you guys need to update your playbook, specifically the insults section. So stale, so overused.
You too ask too much of too many in this forum!

Old 11-27-2016, 10:00 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,845,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
He is following through. This has been Trump's MO in every endeavor he's ever taken on: Promise the rubes the world, grab their money (in this case, their vote), then deliver as little as possible while enriching himself and his friends.

Why on Earth did anyone expect any differently?
Nailed it!

Old 11-27-2016, 10:17 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
He can kiss any damn re-election goodbye if he is just to go "Obama it". Promise the world, and deliver NOTHING. The American people aren't going to be hoodwinked again and give a 2nd term to another liar

Why don't people follow through on s*** anymore??
Because he's the biggest scam artist in the world. Are you guys really that surprised? Those of us who don't worship him already knew this would happen. He doesn't care about anyone but himself and his family. You're not going to get anything you guys hoped for.

And yes, the American people who voted for him will most certainly get hoodwinked again. If you all were ignorant enough to vote for him in the first place, you will continue to live in denial and support stupidity.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:20 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because he's the biggest scam artist in the world. Are you guys really that surprised? Those of us who don't worship him already knew this would happen. He doesn't care about anyone but himself and his family. You're not going to get anything you guys hoped for.
Better look up "Ouija board repair" in the yellow pages ... didn't you also predict Clinton would win the
election ?

Old 11-27-2016, 10:22 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This.
He's already profiting from the Presidency before even being in office, and already flip-flopping on everything, yet you think he's going to magically start caring about you people in 2 months when he has more power to further enrich himself?

You guys are extremely gullible.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:22 AM

2,405 posts, read 1,447,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Can you prove the media did not manipulate the polls?
I don't need to prove a negative, do I? You claimed that poll results are manipulated by the media for political purposes. Prove it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof

Quote:
I said the media conducts the major polling that they then report as news. You said the media only reported the news and were unaware of who conducts polling.
I don't recall saying the media was "unaware of who conducts polling", and your attempt to insinuate that news organizations don't sometimes sponsor or co-sponsor polls is disingenuous, as is your claim that "the media conducts the major polling."

BTW, the result of a poll during an election campaign is news.

Quote:
You asked for proof and I provided it.
You did? Where is your proof that the polling data was falsified by the media? Post a link to it, and identify each poll that you can debunk by name and date.

Quote:
The data is whatever the pollster decides is the data. Do you know how polling works? If you choose to poll a higher percentage of democrats to republicans you will get better numbers for Clinton. They don't just randomly call 1000 people and hope for the best.
So which specific polls can you name that used that methodology? I'll wait.

Quote:
Years ago I managed a political polling office. We did push polls, google it if you don't know the term. You can create any outcome you want by how the questions are asked and what sample you draw from.
Unless you can prove that all the polls the media reported on during the campaign were push polls, I don't see the relevance.

BTW, you just admitted that you manipulated polls. The GOP is famous for it, apparently.

Richard Nixon was one of push polling's pioneers. In his very first campaign, a successful 1946 run for the U.S. House against Democrat incumbent Jerry Voorhis, Democratic voters throughout the district reported receiving telephone calls that began: "This is a friend of yours, but I can't tell you who I am. Did you know that Jerry Voorhis is a communist?" (he wasn't) – at which point the caller hung up. A citizen later came forward admitting that she worked for Nixon for $9 a day, in a telephone-bank room where the attack calls were made.

George W. Bush had used push polls in his 1994 bid for Texas Governor against incumbent Ann Richards. Callers asked voters "whether they would be more or less likely to vote for Governor Richards if they knew that lesbians dominated on her staff."

In the 2000 United States Republican Party primaries it was alleged that George W. Bush's campaign used push polling against the campaign of Senator John McCain. Voters in South Carolina reportedly were asked "Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for John McCain for president if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?" This hypothetical question seemed like a suggestion, although without substance. It was heard by thousands of primary voters. McCain and his wife had in fact adopted a girl from Bangladesh.

In the 2008 presidential election, Jewish voters in several states were targeted by various push polls that linked Barack Obama to various anti-Israel positions. For example, various push polls suggested that Obama was a Muslim; Obama's church was anti-American and anti-Israel; Obama often met pro-Palestinian leaders in Chicago (and had met PLO leaders); a Hamas leader had endorsed an Obama victory; and that Obama had called for a summit of Muslim nations excluding Israel if elected president. The Jewish Council for Education & Research, an organization that endorsed Obama, denounced the push polls as disinformation and lies.

Political consultant Lee Atwater was also well known for using push-polling among his aggressive campaign tactics, though he repented in later life when terminally ill from brain cancer, and having converted to Catholicism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_poll#United_States

Of course, you may be making up your background in an attempt to establish yourself as an authority.

Just because you allegedly participated in sleazy political tactics, I don't see a reason to assume that all pollsters do.

Quote:
The major polls conducted by the news media were all showing a 4 to 6 point lead for Clinton. One exception was the IBD/TIPP poll run by Investors Business Daily. They were spot on in 2008 and showed a slight Trump lead the days before the 2016 election. IBD tends to report news with a bias to the right.
Another example was the Fox News poll reported the day before the election.

With one day before Election Day, Hillary Clinton has a four percentage-point lead over Donald Trump, according to the final Fox News national pre-election poll of likely voters.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/07/fox-news-poll-clinton-moves-to-4-point-edge-over-trump.html[/url]

Are you claiming that Fox News was in the tank for Hillary?

Quote:
Did you bother to actually read any of the stories from the links you provided or just copied and pasted them? The story "Inside the debate over probing the Clinton Foundation" CNN said the FBI looked into the foundation and discovered everything was fine.
No, they didn't. That's how you paraphrased what they said in order to bolster your argument. I checked. Here's what they really said:

There doesn't appear to be anything so far suggesting that in the newly released heavily redacted emails from Judicial Watch, but those emails do raise questions about whether the relationship between the State Department and Clinton Foundation was too cozy, particularly after Clinton pledged she would not be involved with the foundation when she became secretary of state in an effort to prevent an inappropriate relationship.

Inside the debate over probing the Clinton Foundation - CNNPolitics.com
Quote:
CNN goes to great lengths to state nothing wrong happened. I quote: None of the documents released, however, showed a clear indication that any of the paid speeches or access to Bill Clinton directly resulted in influence at Hillary Clinton's State Department.
So when they were forced to touch on a subject that might make HC look bad they quickly took her point of view and tried to explain away anything negative connected to her.
You call a statement of the facts "going to great lengths to state nothing wrong happened?" If you have some evidence that any of the paid speeches or access to Bill Clinton directly resulted in influence at Hillary Clinton's State Department, call the FBI. It's your civic duty.

Quote:
If you want to believe the media was fair on how it handled the election and honest in the polling good for you.
I don't "want to believe" anything. I believe what can be proven. I don't believe what you've claimed that you haven't proved.

Convince me, if you can.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:27 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,996,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Do so many Americans really not understand how this works? How insurance works?!? All over the modern world...?

Apparently many reading here do not.

Some can read. Some can comprehend.

It is the comprehension part that some cannot grasp.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:53 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
If I read another infantile "BAHAHAHAHA" I just might throw up.

I got the impression some time ago that most C-D posters where seniors, but lately I'm beginning to wonder about so many that seem to be minors...
Dementia. It explains Trump's win. Seniors voting against their own interests along with the uneducated, the ignorant and the easily conned, who all did the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies