Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2016, 08:19 PM

51,026 posts, read 24,518,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

It's not the GOVERNMENTS Job to provide for your retirement and healthcare.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree. But who says? I would say that's up to the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 08:20 PM

51,026 posts, read 24,518,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Funny you would mention God in defense of a Ponzi scheme funded by theft
hyperbole

Old 12-12-2016, 08:45 PM

63,097 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
It's a major scapegoat to blame Americas economic woes solely on undocumented immigrants, especially since 95% of them come to work and work more than one job.

They tend to rarely be unemployed compared to unemployed natives, many who are generational welfare recipients. Some even have children deliberately just to continue receiving benefits.

Utter nonsense. No one is blaming all of our economic woes soley on "illegal aliens". They have however taken American jobs by working for less, reduced wages and cost us $113 billion a year. They also send billions back to their homelands not spent in our economy.

Most Americans are not generational welfare users either. Illegal aliens also deliberately have children on our soil to collect welfare. Your attempts to defend illegal aliens and demonize Americans is lame.

Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare - Judicial Watch

Old 12-12-2016, 08:48 PM

1,850 posts, read 823,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Where did you come up with 15%?
You can actually make it anything you want, as long as it's flat. The key is that everyone pays the same rate, so everyone as a group decides what is an acceptable rate. The way we have it currently is someone paying 0% gets to decide that someone else pays 50%. If you were forced to raise taxes ON YOURSELF, the odds are high that you'd refuse, particularly if you were liberal.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The country would be called "Awesome."

Old 12-12-2016, 08:52 PM

63,097 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Got to be those damn brown skins coming here. Has to be. Was ok when people were pure white, add a little pigment and just has to be bad. How dare those Hispanics be allowed to check the white box.

If they are mixed aka Mestizos why would they check the white box? No one has a problem with brown skins coming here legally it's the illegal kind we object to. Stop making this about skin color and race.

Old 12-12-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Got to be those damn brown skins coming here. Has to be. Was ok when people were pure white, add a little pigment and just has to be bad. How dare those Hispanics be allowed to check the white box.
Hispanics seem to prefer a white country to a brown country. I think they're racists.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:32 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,423,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post
You can actually make it anything you want, as long as it's flat. The key is that everyone pays the same rate, so everyone as a group decides what is an acceptable rate. The way we have it currently is someone paying 0% gets to decide that someone else pays 50%. If you were forced to raise taxes ON YOURSELF, the odds are high that you'd refuse, particularly if you were liberal.
Again, im not sure why you seem to think liberals are so many things they are not.

Fine. Want my solution that involves a flat tax?

50%. No deduction for anything.

AFTER everything is paid for from taxes, the remainder is evenly broken up and redistributed individually, with a monthly bill showing everything that was spent on in 1 million or more chunks. Secret items are simply listed as "black budget"

Suddenly you have your flat tax, I have my basic income, and suddenly people actually care about government spending.

PS-my taxes go up, and my income goes down at this point with the kids out of the house.

Liberals have less problems paying taxes then you think. However liberals also have lots in common with you if you would stop believing the nonsense you repeat.

Old 12-12-2016, 10:38 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,522,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njquestions View Post

If a government janitor's wage is 3x a private sector janitor's wage for the same work, why should the private sector janitor pay the same tax rate as the government janitor?

Old 12-12-2016, 10:43 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,522,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Obviously the rich benefit most from a tax cut, because they pay the the majority of the revenue the government receives. But small businesses also benefit, both those doing well and those struggling along with every taxpayer. One thing is for sure.. for everyone who pays taxes, a tax cut is certainly better than a take hike.

Only in a static economy, and not necessarily in a dynamic economy.

The Reagan Tax Cuts put more money in my pocket, but because they also put more money in Other People's Pockets, rents necessarily skyrocketed and I ended up WORSE OFF than I was before the tax cuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies