Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 07:50 AM

29,813 posts, read 24,895,387 times

Advertisements

I just assume most of the libs here are young, and have never lived through a truly prosperous time of economic expansion.

Here's my advice... Get a good quality pair of (made in USA) sunglasses. The US economy will be glowing red hot, and I wouldn't want you to burn your retinas.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:54 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDM View Post
Because things are good again. Since Bush left office: Gas and Oil prices DOWN. Home values: UP Unemployment: DOWN. The mess the Republitards left has been cleaned up and if given a chance things will keep getting better. The economy has been much better during the last 2 Democrat Presidencies than the last 2 Republitard Presidencies. Republitards like guns, war and letting the rich get richer. Democrats like peace and giving everyone a chance to have a good life. I will take my side, thank you.
Amen. I doubt he has any idea that 5.6 million manufacturing jobs disappeared under Bush's watch, but Trump has got him believing that he is going to be getting a raise soon and making $15 an hour.

Reality will eventually settle in, but it might take a year or three.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:56 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,857 times
Some people love to label others as ''liberals'' or ''consertives'', ''republican'' or ''democrats''. Those mean nothing in a political climate where there is no valuing whatsoever of any notion of a better future and quality of life for ALL. Not just the megarich, but all of us as Americans.
When the **** hits the fan, and it will, we are all going down unless we unite together to save ourselves. So your question is moot.
If you LOVE America then work to make it better for all of us. ''Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'' as promised in our Constitution.
I am sick of all the finger pointing on the right and left. We need to unite to be strong. What is it? ''A house divided cannot stand'', someone said.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:58 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,707,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I just assume most of the libs here are young, and have never lived through a truly prosperous time of economic expansion.

Here's my advice... Get a good quality pair of (made in USA) sunglasses. The US economy will be glowing red hot, and I wouldn't want you to burn your retinas.
Looking forward to that $200 button down shirt! Whether made in the US or tariffs, things are going to get much more expensive. Better shop now!

Old 12-30-2016, 08:01 AM

1,147 posts, read 717,904 times
Do Trump's supporters support mandatory paid annual leave for workers?

Old 12-30-2016, 08:02 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,701,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Looking forward to that $200 button down shirt! Whether made in the US or tariffs, things are going to get much more expensive. Better shop now!
Why do you liberals think it is okay for Chinese shirtmakers to make a fraction of what an American shirtmaker would make? Do you hate Chinese people?

Old 12-30-2016, 08:02 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
Some people love to label others as ''liberals'' or ''consertives'', ''republican'' or ''democrats''. Those mean nothing in a political climate where there is no valuing whatsoever of any notion of a better future and quality of life for ALL. Not just the megarich, but all of us as Americans.
When the **** hits the fan, and it will, we are all going down unless we unite together to save ourselves. So your question is moot.
If you LOVE America then work to make it better for all of us. ''Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'' as promised in our Constitution.
I am sick of all the finger pointing on the right and left. We need to unite to be strong. What is it? ''A house divided cannot stand'', someone said.
A house infested with rot and termites can't stand either, and we've got a whole lot of liberal rot eating away at the house.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:03 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,707,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Why do you liberals think it is okay for Chinese shirtmakers to make a fraction of what an American shirtmaker would make? Do you hate Chinese people?
No, but it's going to be fun watching retailers try to sell $200 shirts. Like popcorn eating level fun. But Trump is going to make everyone so rich they will buy them ten at a time, right?

Old 12-30-2016, 08:06 AM

29,813 posts, read 24,895,387 times
Quote:
Because things are good again.
Wages = stagnant. People are going to work, and barely scraping by, or worse. Work used to lift people up. Now it's a path that leads right back to where you started. Socioeconomic class mobility in America is dismally low, thanks to democrats and their meddling. Fitting that they throw away the ladder for everyone else, isn't it...

Quote:
Since Bush left office: Gas and Oil prices DOWN. Home values: UP Unemployment: DOWN. The mess the Republitards left has been cleaned up and if given a chance things will keep getting better. The economy has been much better during the last 2 Democrat Presidencies than the last 2 Republitard Presidencies.
The economy is based on serving french fries, peddling cheap, easily breakable foreign goods, and making Americans enrich the already super rich. Income and wealth inequality are at record highs. We can thank both republicans and democrats for this mess, but democrats own it at this point. Your boy Obooboo has only further indebted this nation to the banksters, owner/leisure class, foreign nations that hate us and our way of life, and so forth. Heck, they wanted to give this country away to the illegals, but we managed to put a stop to that non sense.

Quote:
Republitards like guns, war and letting the rich get richer. Democrats like peace and giving everyone a chance to have a good life. I will take my side, thank you.
Except, we are involved in 2 wars, and probably several more by proxy. Thanks to Republicans and Democrats alike.

And be thankful we have a president that is despised by establishment republicans and democrats alike.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:08 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Because it will prove that they are failures.
And yet it took a Democratic POTUS to dig us out of the hole that a Republican POTUS got us into even after being handed a surplus by another Democratic POTUS. Put that in your pipe and smoke it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies