Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 09:48 PM

979 posts, read 490,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So you agree the tax isn't to educate but rather to punish and enrich the coffers of politicians
That depends on what the tax is being used for. I don't see it as a punishment, the diabetes and obesity is the real punishment to those that guzzle the sugary drinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Again this is the parents responsibility to teach their kids this stuff not the Gov. I knew at a very long age that soda,twinkies and all weren't good for you. Sure I ate/drank them but in moderation and haven't drank soda or ate twinkies in years. I drink water all the time,well some beers on the weekends too.
I fully agree it is the parents' responsibility to teach their children....but who teaches the parents? The first thing I have learned about becoming a parent is that it is important to teach myself, which means I need to have ways to access that information, and there is nothing wrong with the government teaching people that sugary drinks lead to diabetes and obesity so that they can properly teach their children.

That is good for you that you knew that sugary drinks were bad for you, but based on the diabetes and obesity ratings in this country, I have a feeling that we are the minority when it comes to that knowledge.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:55 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
That depends on what the tax is being used for. I don't see it as a punishment, the diabetes and obesity is the real punishment to those that guzzle the sugary drinks.
We already agree it's not educational , so why tax people who are already punishing themselves?
FYI the tax is being used to grow govt.,politicians do not care about anyone's health.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
We already agree it's not educational , so why tax people who are already punishing themselves?
FYI the tax is being used to grow govt.,politicians do not care about anyone's health.
Okay, so you don't like taxes, and I have no problem with taxing things like sugary drinks. It looks like our opinions are at an impasse. I don't consider a tax to be a punishment, so I don't see this as being a punishment on people who drink sugary drinks.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
Okay, so you don't like taxes, and I have no problem with taxing things like sugary drinks. It looks like our opinions are at an impasse. I don't consider a tax to be a punishment, so I don't see this as being a punishment on people who drink sugary drinks.
you don't know what the tax is for, but you like the tax = useful tool

Old 01-04-2017, 10:15 PM

No surprise those in favor of the tax won't be the ones paying it and how typically progressive.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:22 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Daddy government at it again.
Sugar is part of the obesity in our country. If you can't control yourself then maybe someone else should do it for you. Sorry, many are tired of paying your healthcare because you choose to live an unhealthy lifestyle. Our rates go up because of people like you

Old 01-04-2017, 10:25 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Seems like the Democrats loves to take control over people's lives. That is why they are losing the elections.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:41 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Maybe they will start puting pictures of emaciated children with rotted teeth on soda containers.
"It's for the kids" said many a greedy pocket lining politician

"If it saves the teeth of just one child"

Old 01-04-2017, 10:41 PM

638 posts, read 310,390 times
I'm not sure who is surprised by this. They already tax cigarettes over 100%, and they're mostly purchased by the lower working class. Who didn't think this was coming?

Keep right on electing them, folks. Enjoy the fruits of your stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies