Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 07:44 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am looking forward and I see nothing from either side that makes me think we will do the right thing.
You are catching on. Neither side understands delivery and those who do aren't listened too.. by their companies, government, or the public.

If I sound cynical, sorry. Many don't want to relearn, instead regurgitating the same stuff packaged differently. ER, profits, death panels, UHC, single payer, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 07:51 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
You are catching on.
I've been saying this for years.

Quote:
Neither side understands delivery and those who do aren't listened too.. by their companies, government, or the public.

If I sound cynical, sorry. Many don't want to relearn, instead regurgitating the same stuff packaged differently. ER, profits, death panels, UHC, single payer, etc...
I want to be cynical but I'm mostly resigned.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:52 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
How will we ever know what is in the bill of if it will work? Shouldn't they pass the bill to see what's in it?

Old 01-05-2017, 07:54 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
How will we ever know what is in the bill of if it will work? Shouldn't they pass the bill to see what's in it?
I agree. Repeal Obamacare. Pass the republican bill. Trump is great. He alone can make America great.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:14 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I agree. Repeal Obamacare. Pass the republican bill. Trump is great. He alone can make America great.
Yeah, Republicans are really screwing this up. They are actually debating their ideas in public and presenting them to the public. And they actually are discussing different ideas-this is only one.

They should have followed the Democrats lead. No discussion on the bill, promise "it will save $2500 per family" and "you can keep your doctor". Then pass the bill in the middle of the night-while not allowing anyone to read what is in it. I mean, who needs transparency, debate and discussion, right?

Old 01-05-2017, 08:18 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've been saying this for years.

I want to be cynical but I'm mostly resigned.
Cost is going up. There is one remedy I see that would 'disrupt' the status quo. But that will never get approval.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:30 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
It's irresponsible idiots who don't ever proactively take care of themselves then when they get sick they go to the er.
Perhaps there should be a mandate of sorts that such people chip in to some sort of shared-risk scheme so as not to stick everybody else with the bill. Oh, wait...

Old 01-05-2017, 08:41 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,933,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
People never stopped doing that. It's irresponsible idiots who don't ever proactively take care of themselves then when they get sick they go to the er.

How in the world is a woman supposed to pro-actively take care of themselves in order to not have a faulty BRCA1 gene? How in the world does a person pro-actively treat themselves so that their faulty APC gene doesn't force them to basically have their entire bowels removed, have to live with a bag, and need long-term chronic care? How in the world does someone with a specific variant of APOE-E4 pro-actively help themselves to prevent getting Alzheimer's? All of those people with major health burdens that are expensive must allllllllllllllllllllllll be irresponsible idiots, huh?

So what do those people do if now all they're given is a tax credit to help buy a plan that they still can't afford?

Old 01-05-2017, 08:56 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
How in the world is a woman supposed to pro-actively take care of themselves in order to not have a faulty BRCA1 gene? How in the world does a person pro-actively treat themselves so that their faulty APC gene doesn't force them to basically have their entire bowels removed, have to live with a bag, and need long-term chronic care? How in the world does someone with a specific variant of APOE-E4 pro-actively help themselves to prevent getting Alzheimer's? All of those people with major health burdens that are expensive must allllllllllllllllllllllll be irresponsible idiots, huh?

So what do those people do if now all they're given is a tax credit to help buy a plan that they still can't afford?
No true christian would get such genetic defects. God would never allow that to happen to a true christian. What problem is it of this great christian nation that devil worshippers are punished?

Trump is great. He alone can fix all our problems.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:05 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Conservative Republicans unveil Obamacare replacement bill

http://energycommerce.house.gov/site...E-Act-Plan.pdf

It seems like Republicans alternative is basically turning Medicaid into a block-grant program for the states and tax credits that would be $1,970 for adults ages 18-34, $3,190 credit for 35 to 49 and $4,690 for adults 50-64.

Looks like for families the credit would be $8,330 for 35-49 and $11,100 for 50-64.

The income limit under the plan is 300% poverty level.

It seems like overall that neither the Republican plan or Obamacare plan is appealing.
And when you've used up those credits what then? you are on your own? My Dads dialysis treatments 3X a week would burn through those credits in less than a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies