Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 05:18 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times

Advertisements

Didn't vote at all. Why vote for Trump? Nothing is going to change, in fact things may get worse. Trump has no intention of keeping any "promises", all he did was strut around and say what he thought the people wanted to hear. It worked.

America has not produced an individual worthy of the title "president" in decades.

Last edited by Scrat335; 01-12-2017 at 05:28 PM..

Old 01-12-2017, 05:20 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,355,682 times
OP--I did not vote for him. I would also like to congratulate you and thank you. You are actually the VERY FIRST Trump voter I have come into contact with that has honestly and openly said they regretted their vote. Perhaps if others were to be more like you, we will actually be able to make our country great again--not just a campaign slogan.

I think you are dead on correct in your viewpoint about elites and lies.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:27 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
OP--I did not vote for him. I would also like to congratulate you and thank you. You are actually the VERY FIRST Trump voter I have come into contact with that has honestly and openly said they regretted their vote. Perhaps if others were to be more like you, we will actually be able to make our country great again--not just a campaign slogan.

I think you are dead on correct in your viewpoint about elites and lies.
It was shown several pages back that OP's posting history that he did not vote for or support Trump.
He's not been back to answer or comment.

Save your congratulations, He's a lying Liberal. Probably works for the Media.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:37 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,591,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.

I am still holding out hope, but did I make a major mistake voting for Trump?

P.S. I understand that living in NY, and us having the electoral college, my vote probably didn't even matter, but I voted with my heart and for what I thought was best for our country.
Fact checkers measured him as untruthful 97% of the time during the campaign. More than any other politician since politicians started being fact checked.

Everyone knew this. Almost all of what he says is wholly or partially untruthful. Yes, politicians lie sometimes, and exaggerate often. But nothing like we saw in Trump. Blatant lies, even when there's a video showing he's lying.

So this should be no surprise to anyone. He's also an authoritarian, arrogant, and narcissistic. A man his age is not going to change. He was the dictator of a global conglomerate. He's not political and doesn't understand governments and foreign policy. He's not grasping yet that he is not King and that his primary job is to protect our democracy. That means protecting the free press, our election process, our computer systems from hacking by foreign powers, etc.

He called a press conference right after the election, if you recall, with lots of media. It wasn't to answer questions. It was to tell them boldly and loudly that they are not to use unflattering pictures of him that show his double chin or are taken from the wrong angle, they are not to be "unfair" to him or write bad things about him. That was shocking...and anti-democratic.

Maybe his team of advisors will set him right. But some of those are also global conglomerate dictators like Trump is, so...????

It takes a big person to question one's voting decision, though. Kudos.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:23 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
With every other President we have ever elected; they forgot who voted for them the night they were elected. Trump, so far, has given 'Appreciation' rallies and he continually reaffirms his campaign pledges - what isn't to like about him?
So he is going to "drain the swamp"? Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkMTvr9Z8o

Old 01-12-2017, 06:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
With every other President we have ever elected; they forgot who voted for them the night they were elected. Trump, so far, has given 'Appreciation' rallies and he continually reaffirms his campaign pledges - what isn't to like about him?

As far as reaming out the press: They worked for it and continue to work for it - they deserve what they get. Maybe they will learn their lesson and, once again, give unbiased reports.
Appreciation rallies? LMAO... They were ego tours.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:32 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
I didn't vote for Trump, but Ill never regret not voting for Clinton.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:35 PM

1,289 posts, read 938,844 times
It seems like a whole bunch of people are in for a huge disappointment with this guy. He's just not fit for the job. He doesn't seem to know anything about domestic and world affairs and he doesn't seem to want to find out. He denigrates the agencies that are trying to clue him in and he avoids press conferences like the plague because he's got no answers. But maybe all this will suddenly change on inauguration day.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:44 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Default I'm Beginning to Regret Voting for Trump. You?

I have no regrets, I have faith that he will do great things.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:48 PM

613 posts, read 463,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
It seems like a whole bunch of people are in for a huge disappointment with this guy. He's just not fit for the job. He doesn't seem to know anything about domestic and world affairs and he doesn't seem to want to find out. He denigrates the agencies that are trying to clue him in and he avoids press conferences like the plague because he's got no answers. But maybe all this will suddenly change on inauguration day.
What did people expect? He has no political experience. None whatsoever. And people voted for him anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies