Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 08:25 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times

Advertisements

So for an elected president that is set to serve for 4 years, and not even in office yet, we are going to analyze him DAILY and judge him every day? If so it's going to be one hell of a roller coaster ride of opinions. I will judge him by the month or longer, or based on certain individual legislation he may push through. The craze of judging him now is nuts, as he is not president yet.

Words are words. He's not a great orator. And he's a hot headed businessman.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:29 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.

I am still holding out hope, but did I make a major mistake voting for Trump?

P.S. I understand that living in NY, and us having the electoral college, my vote probably didn't even matter, but I voted with my heart and for what I thought was best for our country.
I think his rebuke of the CNN reporter was justified, and he did it with more eloquence than was justified.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:31 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The reality is starting to set in for the president-elect. I give him a year tops before he cracks under the pressure. I wish I could say that I'll enjoy watching the unraveling, but I don't relish the upheaval facing the country as he struggles with the demands of the office. He simply does not have what it takes, and I'm sorry that all of us, him included, are going to learn that the hard way.
LOL!! You probably are one of the ones who said there was no way he would be elected! You supported Hillary, right?

Old 01-12-2017, 08:32 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,757,036 times
F the press. And the intelligence agencies are nothing more than a tool for the MIC. They are both at best useless and at worse dangerous to believe.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.

I am still holding out hope, but did I make a major mistake voting for Trump?

P.S. I understand that living in NY, and us having the electoral college, my vote probably didn't even matter, but I voted with my heart and for what I thought was best for our country.
Your post is ridiculous. Save it for the tabloids.
It's always about policy.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:34 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That's the conservative dilemma. It's all black and white with no shades of grey. Meanwhile, I never see them call out the poster that claims to have voted for Obama and has done nothing but vilify him on this forum.
I tried to call out my wife for voting for Obama; but she tells me to shut up! She also tells me she would never make that mistake again! Of course we are not going to give her that third chance!

I said this before: So far Trump is doing what he said he would do - that is more than most Presidents did for their entire term of office.

I have said this also: I was a Democrat most of my life. My one true belief is a better America for Americans and legal immigrants - regardless of political Party. I think that our work conditions and pay should continually improve. I also feel the way to accomplish that is that employers do not need a glut of employees where they can pick and choose. Throwing illegal immigrants or unrestrained green cards into the mix retards wage growth. Employers always scream for more 'qualified' employees; but they really want more 'cheap' employees. It is about meeting the market demands. This is all a balancing act and we could easily turn to the new automation.

I also try not to be a loggerhead. I admit I can make mistakes - I'm human. It is way too early in the game to determine whether or not Trump is a 'mistake'. He has surrounded himself with 'qualified' personnel. If Hillary had any plans for 'change' she never made her point - it simply looked like more of the same.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:36 AM

6,738 posts, read 2,912,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I voted for Gary Johnson, but I am sure lot of people regret pulling for Trump.

Who has he not insulted yet?

- He insulted the servicemen and women in the intelligence community. Thats 800K people who have dedicated their lives to servicing their country.

- He insulted the generals as no-nothings

- He insulted POWs

- He insulted vets and those with PTSD

- He rages against the media

- He insults our allies

There is nothing but anger and resentment coming out of that guy.

I don't even want to get into the tweeting BS which goes on to show his immaturity
All BS from your tiny leftist mind..
GO TRUMP...!!

Old 01-12-2017, 08:36 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Talking Dear Serpy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Try reading the thread Sparky.
You just can't resist making it about me.

I'm fascinating.

Quote:
The OP is trolling.
Sure he is.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:17 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Are you of the mind that people can't change their perspective based on what they see, hear and think? Its so silly to say that people who voted for Trump can't change their minds without calling them Trump haters. What kind of creatures would we be if we never changed our minds or reevaluated previous choices?
People would not be called "Flip-Floppers", a favorite insult tossed around by elected officials and their supporters. Once you make a decision you must not change that position FOR LIFE or risk being accused of flip-flopping.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:25 AM

590 posts, read 555,281 times
A year or two down the road you would have regretted voting for Clinton a lot more.

I voted for Trump and I don't regret doing so, it's about time we had somebody in the Whitehouse with enough guts to stand up for the principles that created our country, and for all decent Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies