Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 07:24 AM

30,178 posts, read 11,815,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I never liked Clinton and liked Trump's F-You attitude. But I always thought he would start to act more presidential after he was elected president.

From what I saw on today's press conference, that does not seem to be the case. He was acting like a maniac. He continued to trash our nation's intelligence agencies. He lashed out at the press. And for me, the most damaging was that he said he would not release his tax returns. He told us he would release them after his audit. Now he is saying he will not. I actually want to see them. I thought nothing of it when he said he'd release them after the audit, but now I feel fooled.

He also seemed very angry. He seems to have gone back on many of his promises. It is almost like he is working for the elite and only worried about himself.

I am still holding out hope, but did I make a major mistake voting for Trump?

P.S. I understand that living in NY, and us having the electoral college, my vote probably didn't even matter, but I voted with my heart and for what I thought was best for our country.

Looking at your previous posts of calling him crazy and racist among other things and that your were not voting at all it's hard to believe you actually voted for him.

Anyone Else NOT Voting?

This was a press conference so the press was front and center. I respected the way he stood up for himself with CNN. The CNN guy tried to bully himself into asking a question over another reporter. I think Trump put him in his place.

Regarding the tax returns, he said the same thing he has been saying for months in the PRESSER. He won't release them while under audit, never said he would not release them. How are you being fooled?

And why not question the integrity of the intelligence agencies? Are Americans not allowed to do that? They lied about not spying on Americans, screwed up on WMD's and thought the fake troll report on Trump might be real. And Americans overwhelmingly trust Wikileaks over them. Along with the fact heads of these agencies are Obama appointees.

Seriously let the guy get into office first. If fails to deliver I will be the first to call him out.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:34 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post

Seriously let the guy get into office first. If fails to deliver I will be the first to call him out.
The snowflakes can't handle that. They didn't get their way so they are throwing an epic temper tantrum. Sad thing is, a lot of these people are adults.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:38 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I know a fair number of people in Kentucky who are already starting to regret it, or at least starting to wonder.

And I tell them the same thing I'll tell you - told ya so. Anyone stupid enough to have not seen that ignorant, psychotic buffoon for what he is deserves everything that's going to happen to them in the coming years. You get no sympathy from me at all.
I do feel bad for those who voted for Trump and now regret it. Whatever it was that spoke to them, they trusted him to put him in the highest seat in our nation. I used to think only idiots voted for him but the more I shut my mouth and listen, I see there is a large number of people who felt disenfranchised from our country. Do I agree with their vote? No. I think they would have done better to vote for Rubio or Kasich even though I don't agree with them politically.

That being said, let this be a lesson to ALL of us: we need to remember that our experiences don't reflect the experiences of others. Sometimes when we think we are doing something for the working class that will help them, it ends up hurting them. That's why we need to shut our mouths and open our ears and REALLY listen to each other.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I don't think anyone believes you voted for Trump.

Nobody but one of the Trump haters would say Trump acted like a maniac at today's press conference.
Are you of the mind that people can't change their perspective based on what they see, hear and think? Its so silly to say that people who voted for Trump can't change their minds without calling them Trump haters. What kind of creatures would we be if we never changed our minds or reevaluated previous choices?

Old 01-12-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Everyone judge for yourself, click on the posters name and select find all posts... over a dozen anti-Trump post... yeah sure, you voted for Trump my butt...
Click on my posts.

I made dozens of anti-HRC statements. I voted for her in the general. As we've said for months, it came down to a vote between the lesser evil.

Stop assuming you know everything.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:43 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,953,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Are you of the mind that people can't change their perspective based on what they see, hear and think? Its so silly to say that people who voted for Trump can't change their minds without calling them Trump haters. What kind of creatures would we be if we never changed our minds or reevaluated previous choices?
Sure people can change their mind. Look at all the 2-time Obama voters that moved to Trump this election. I'm pretty sure what's going on in this thread is people are simply calling out this liar based on his previous posting history.

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
He hasn't been in office for a single day yet.

What has he done that would make you say he shouldn't be elected again in four years?
Obama supporters whined for 8 years about Repubs saying they wanted to make him a 1 term President.

Now they whine about Trump even taking office.

2,722 posts, read 5,472,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I know a fair number of people in Kentucky who are already starting to regret it, or at least starting to wonder.

And I tell them the same thing I'll tell you - told ya so. Anyone stupid enough to have not seen that ignorant, psychotic buffoon for what he is deserves everything that's going to happen to them in the coming years. You get no sympathy from me at all.
Your friends must love you....

To the OP - No, I do not regret voting for Trump.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Don't worry. Get your fiddle on your NYC roof top tenement housing in the LES. WE just elected our first ever Jewish President. THis is a momentous achievement in my book. Gooooo Trump!

I did not vote for HIllary or Trump. I really wanted Bernie. Right now in America, but also through out much of the developed world, we are currently in the populist age. Neoliberal policies started under Ronald Reagan, push under Bush Sr, expanded on our first black President Bill Clinton, than push even further under Bush Jr, and turned into a mess with our first really true black President Barack Obama. And its not Obama fault, its his predecessors that lead America to what it is. If Hillary would have won, she will not represent anything new, and by 2020, Hillary would represent 40 years of Neoliberal rule of the Republican/Democrat elite one rule party system. Trump has to walk the walk now, if not 2020 is not too far off and be will be voted out.
Hold the phone. Trump is JEWISH? I thought his daughter converted? What?

Old 01-12-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvbostons7489 View Post
Seriously, Donald Trump is just sticking up for himself. He doesn't owe anybody anything.
Why don't you travel to Swedened, Europe, germany where they have open borders and martial law.
And talk to people who had to flee from their because of the refugees. Think of all the diseases you can get.
Another county from me a whole bunch people were getting SCABIES. And yes they did get syrian refugees
Small problem with your statement:

The presidency isn't about a single person - its about the country, and ultimately our role in the world at large. He is an elected official. Yes, he owes quite a bit to about 325 million people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies