Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2017, 10:59 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,472,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
You must have "diplomacy" in the world arena - this is not your back yard with your wife- neighbors-- or coworkers- sorry--
he is being viewed by the world-- and saying the vast majority ?--No- the minority wants to let it all fly and the chips fall where they may -- some of us have some sense.
Yes, even more so that we get someone with some spine on the world stage, definitely! Do you in your own life worry about what other people think of you while they use you to their advantage? I appears so as each of us favor/hang around with/elect people that hold similiar approaches.

And if what you call having "sense" is carrying on with the same old same old bought and sold types/running our country the way it has been at a crazy inept level, well, more power to your level of "Sense" as you see it all. It's obvious most of the people had enough "Sense" and are finally open to giving another approach a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
He barely won and not all his supporters read internet forums or use social media.

The odds that he'll win again, given his behavior on the news, which many people DO read, is low.

He'll have to do some serious work to hold on to his voters.
I think reasonable people will judge someone in this position on results or lack thereof and at least wait until the guy has been in office for period of time before prejudging. This is not a high school popularity position. Or at least it shouldn't be. If he does a bad job/gets nothing done, I'll be right along with people in agreeing he did a bad job. And if he does at least a half way decent job/great job, I'll praise him. This is the way it should be.

Last edited by stevek64; 01-12-2017 at 11:08 AM..

Old 01-12-2017, 11:24 AM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The last thing I want is for trump to turn it down. I want scorched earth Trump.
Why?

Old 01-12-2017, 11:31 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Yes, even more so that we get someone with some spine on the world stage, definitely! Do you in your own life worry about what other people think of you while they use you to their advantage? I appears so as each of us favor/hang around with/elect people that hold similiar approaches.

And if what you call having "sense" is carrying on with the same old same old bought and sold types/running our country the way it has been at a crazy inept level, well, more power to your level of "Sense" as you see it all. It's obvious most of the people had enough "Sense" and are finally open to giving another approach a try.

I think reasonable people will judge someone in this position on results or lack thereof and at least wait until the guy has been in office for period of time before prejudging. This is not a high school popularity position. Or at least it shouldn't be. If he does a bad job/gets nothing done, I'll be right along with people in agreeing he did a bad job. And if he does at least a half way decent job/great job, I'll praise him. This is the way it should be.
Trump came to collect wealth and not to be an actual POTUS. He has zero allegiance to this country. His self-serving and fraudulent reputation precedes him along with his ties to the Russian Oligarchy and the proof is right under everyone's nose so stop being so naïve.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:36 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:

That's essentially what I just said.

People do judge people based on their results and on their behavior. If his behavior stays this bad, he'll need stellar results. If his behavior improves, his results don't have to be so stellar, only what people see as forward, positive momentum.

It does not matter if Meryl Streep thinks he's a bad guy unless he goes out and keeps acting like a bad guy and also doesn't get enough done to satisfy the people who voted for him or who would vote for him.

I think he'd have to pull off a miracle of Biblical proportions for me to ever vote for him because I find so much about his behavior to be repellent. But, I do realize that not everyone thinks he's such a bad guy.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:38 AM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
I never voted for Trump. I voted for Gary Johnson. I wasn't thrilled by either candidate. Some people voted for Trump out of the "lesser of two evils" mentality. I don't believe in that anymore.

At this point, we're pretty much stuck with Trump for the next 4 years. He doesn't seem to know when to stop talking. He doesn't seem to care either. His recklessness might translate to office. I don't know.

I know there are those who regret voting for him. I have a sense of fear. He has already said he supports a national stop and frisk. I don't. I understand that I could be targeted more compared to persons of other demographics.
And then there is this: Is Donald Trump Racist? 15 Controversial Quotes President-Elect Said About Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Asians And Obama

A person with a reckless mouth/way about him might do reckless things.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why?
Because he's not happy with the country as it is now. That's my guess.

Which is a popular opinion, to be sure.

I just cannot say as I want ANYONE, no matter their affiliation or platform, to destabilize the country any further. Makes us weak as a nation.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trump came to collect wealth and not to be an actual POTUS. He has zero allegiance to this country. His self-serving and fraudulent reputation precedes him along with his ties to the Russian Oligarchy and the proof is right under everyone's nose so stop being so naïve.
And other politicians of either party are there to serve only the people, not enrich themselves with $/power, and you've seen clear indications of this in actual actions over the years/decades and believe the words and actions of your favorite politicians? If so, are you still interested in that Iowa ocean front property by the way?

As I've said previously, if trump turns out to be just another politician who's inept/does nothing/serves himself, I'll be right along with the chorus of saying he's not right for the job. But come on.....give the guy a chance and stop prejudging on what results he will achieve or not. I would trust you don't like people prejudging you in life/on your work before you are given a chance to prove your work quality, correct?

Old 01-12-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never voted for Trump. I voted for Gary Johnson. I wasn't thrilled by either candidate. Some people voted for Trump out of the "lesser of two evils" mentality. I don't believe in that anymore.

At this point, we're pretty much stuck with Trump for the next 4 years. He doesn't seem to know when to stop talking. He doesn't seem to care either. His recklessness might translate to office. I don't know.

I know there are those who regret voting for him. I have a sense of fear. He has already said he supports a national stop and frisk. I don't. I understand that I could be targeted more compared to persons of other demographics.
And then there is this: Is Donald Trump Racist? 15 Controversial Quotes President-Elect Said About Blacks, Hispanics, Jews, Asians And Obama

A person with a reckless mouth/way about him might do reckless things.
His reckless mouth and his reckless history of behavior are very concerning to me.

I look back over all the other candidates, from all the other parties (and I do mean ALL, even Jill Stein, bless her heart) and I realize that none of them were so reckless.

I think any of them, no matter how qualified or not I may have felt they were, would have be preferable to Donald Trump.

The US is a country, not a company. We cannot just file bankruptcy on building a wall if we aren't coming in on time or on budget. The government cannot save money by stiffing contractors. Trump is not the CEO of the USA.

And, that is what he seems to think this job is about. He's ignoring all these briefings because he thinks he already knows better than the entire government how to be a President.

No. He does not.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
And other politicians of either party are there to serve only the people, not enrich themselves with $/power, and you've seen clear indications of this in actual actions over the years/decades and believe the words and actions of your favorite politicians? If so, are you still interested in that Iowa ocean front property by the way?

As I've said previously, if trump turns out to be just another politician who's inept/does nothing/serves himself, I'll be right along with the chorus of saying he's not right for the job. But come on.....give the guy a chance and stop prejudging on what results he will achieve or not.
Don't you think people would be operating under a more "wait and see" attitude if Trump had stayed off Twitter, kept his head down, and spent this time working on his transition? If he'd picked more qualified people for all these cabinet posts?

If he was paying attention to security briefings?

If he held press conferences where he spoke in coherent sentences and didn't mention his competition? I mean, he already won. Why bring up Clinton? Does he know he's not still running against her?

All fluff. No substance. That is why people are worried. They think this trend will continue once he has ACTUAL power.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Don't you think people would be operating under a more "wait and see" attitude if Trump had stayed off Twitter, kept his head down, and spent this time working on his transition? If he'd picked more qualified people for all these cabinet posts?

If he was paying attention to security briefings?

If he held press conferences where he spoke in coherent sentences and didn't mention his competition? I mean, he already won. Why bring up Clinton? Does he know he's not still running against her?

All fluff. No substance. That is why people are worried. They think this trend will continue once he has ACTUAL power.
No, I don't judge people as "fluff", "no substance", etc. on what they were hired to do before I see/don't see results and observe substance or lack thereof, their work quality. I believe in giving people a chance before I judge them and exercise that view in all facets of life. Let alone prejudge them before they take office/their 1st day on the job where they will do their work. Some of the sharpest/hardest/most productive workers/people in life I've met where prejudged by people in the way trump is being judged in a negative light and were proven wrong. But if you want to prejudge/complain about him/want to claim to have him all figured out in what he will or won't achieve before he even gets into office, that's your right of course. I think it's wrong though to not show a bit of an open mind in all of this/give the guy a chance. And I'm humble enough to admit I can't predict the future so accurately about what a person will/won't do in a job as so many on these forums seem to claim indirectly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies