Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you actually believe that Trump will make "America great again?"
Yes, ofcourse! 88 36.67%
No. Just no. 152 63.33%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 11:20 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,234,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Today we have illegals living a great life and Americans and Veterans are homeless. Not so great when you don't take care of your own first.

The bible is very clear. Take care of your own family , and if you don't , you are worse than an infidel.
A "Great" Life? lol. Ok.

You wanna talk about the bible, while embracing Trump? That's maybe one of the funniest things ever.

I'm PRETTY SURE that the MAIN POINT of the BIBLE was "DO unto OTHERS, as you would have DONE to YOURSELF". Didn't Jesus love all, embrace all, and wanted to HELP all?

There is so much hypocrisy in your simple statement, it's clear you can't see past the tip of your own nose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 02:39 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
I'm sure it will be GREAT for some people. That's how things work, there are always some who benefit from any policy changes and some who don't. I have NO CLUE how America overall will do under a Trump presidency so I'll hope for the best and not be a hater in the meantime, just like when Obama was elected. I've never seen the benefit of acting out over politics. Or sports.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:53 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Reagan had 8 years of governing experience under his belt, was much more mature, gracious and dignified and had the advantage of being sane.

Trump's biggest accomplishment has been benefiting from his many failures.

The BS you've mentioned here with regard to a Reagan/Trump comparison is irrelevant when one takes into account that when Reagan was inaugurated the country had a 20 percent prime rate and very little debt, even when compared to today's adjusted-for-inflation dollar.

When you open up with a 20 percent interest rate, you have the ability to creatively lower it and construct all sorts of inflated bubbles.

Donald Trump opens up with a 50 basis points prime rate, rearing on 21 trillon in debt, and an economy with massive bubbles in real-estate, bonds, autos, the dollar and the stock market.

At some point in time all of these bubbles will deflate.....and when they do whoever is in office will take the hit.

Can Trump keep them inflated and make a little headway, and possibly create some new or bring back some old manufacturing to help the middle class.....Can he creatively restructure or erase some of the debt?

I hope so.....but many obstacles are in the way....

Old 01-15-2017, 04:04 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
It seems like some people want to see him fail just so that they can say "I told you so".
They're so blinded by their hurt that that dont realize ( or don't care) that a failure of the Trump administration ( or a Clinton administration had she won) would be to the detriment of ALL of us as well as our country.
WTF? Wake up Americans!
Didn`t GOP leader Rush Limbaugh say the same thing about Obama? "I hope he fails!" were his exact words.

Old 01-15-2017, 08:53 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
The BS you've mentioned here with regard to a Reagan/Trump comparison is irrelevant when one takes into account that when Reagan was inaugurated the country had a 20 percent prime rate and very little debt, even when compared to today's adjusted-for-inflation dollar. When you open up with a 20 percent interest rate, you have the ability to creatively lower it and construct all sorts of inflated bubbles.

Donald Trump opens up with a 50 basis points prime rate, rearing on 21 trillon in debt, and an economy with massive bubbles in real-estate, bonds, autos, the dollar and the stock market.At some point in time all of these bubbles will deflate.....and when they do whoever is in office will take the hit.
Can Trump keep them inflated and make a little headway, and possibly create some new or bring back some old manufacturing to help the middle class.....Can he creatively restructure or erase some of the debt?I hope so.....but many obstacles are in the way....
What is the BS part? So you are claiming Reagan had it easy and Carter handed Reagan an easy success?

And nice try making pre-emptive excuses for his inflated promises, but you present no evidence of your statements. He's being handed a country in much better condition than Obama did. If Trump fails, it's on him--bigly. Trump and his cult's denigration of the state of the country in order to make him look like he's a savior? That is the BS.

"...residential real estate isn’t in a speculative bubble, industry observers contend. Instead, a low inventory of available homes is driving prices higher—prices, however, will eventually recede as buyers throw up their hands, or as more new homes come on line. The structural issues that led to the housing collapse last decade aren't present....

“The havoc during the last cycle was the result of building too many homes and of speculation fueled by loose credit,”... “That’s the exact opposite of what we have today...”

"...The difference today from a decade ago is that these prices are not being driven by faulty mortgage products that people can't afford. They are being driven by a severe lack of supply of homes for sale, as well as near record low mortgage rates...."If you look at the percent of the median income required to buy the median household, we're at 21 percent, which is very healthy," "In the bubble years it was 36 percent. Rates are super low, and that is a big impact on affordability..."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...just-expensive

Auto-Loan Bubble Idea

Strong U.S. dollar threatens a Trump promise

Old 01-15-2017, 09:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Lightbulb Do you actually believe that Trump will make "America great again?"

I think that for Trumplings...

...this is their vision of a greater America.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:01 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
America has always been great. I wish Trump understood it.
Why expect that from someone whose birth on third base has him gloating about hitting a triple?

Old 01-15-2017, 09:10 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,019,058 times
This is a loaded and silly question. It assumes that America was great and has fallen from greatness. While America has certainly changed over the years, I don't think it's fair to state that it went from greatness to not.

Now will Trump be able to make America the America of the 1950's again? No. Will Trump bring manufacturing back to the US? No, machines and automation took those jobs and they aren't coming back. Coal? Sorry, natural gas is now our number one fuel source for electric generation and it only takes 1-2 field hands to monitor a developed field. Will Trump stop illegal immigration? No, even with the wall the vast majority of people and drug smuggling happens through already established checkpoints and corridors. Will Trump make us safer? No, his rhetoric are great terrorist recruiting tools and guess what? US based terrorism has been heavily slanted toward homegrown folks individually becoming terrorists online, not from migrants.

So overall...I just can't see what the man could really do. At least as a high earnining American my taxes will take a cut.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:22 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
America has always been great. I wish Trump understood it.

This!

Old 01-15-2017, 02:39 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
A "Great" Life? lol. Ok.

You wanna talk about the bible, while embracing Trump? That's maybe one of the funniest things ever.

I'm PRETTY SURE that the MAIN POINT of the BIBLE was "DO unto OTHERS, as you would have DONE to YOURSELF". Didn't Jesus love all, embrace all, and wanted to HELP all?

There is so much hypocrisy in your simple statement, it's clear you can't see past the tip of your own nose.

Did Jesus embrace law breakers and not make them accountable for their sins? Did Jesus say it's ok to take from others what doesn't belong to you? Did he say it's ok to break his Commandments and there would be no consequences? If so, your version of the Bible is different than mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies