Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you actually believe that Trump will make "America great again?"
Yes, ofcourse! 88 36.67%
No. Just no. 152 63.33%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 02:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
America has always been great. I wish Trump understood it.
So then why did Obama run on HOPE & CHANGE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 02:13 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
From the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalGeneral View Post
Trump may have said lots of things what the majority of people wanted to hear - but do you really believe that Donald Trump will make "America great again?".

It is about the definition of making America great again. Ronald Reagan used the same slogan in his 1980 Campaign, but times were way different then. Reagan, in my opinion had completely different ideas than Donald Trump has.

Your thoughts?
No.

America will make America great again.

Trump needs to set the table.

America needs to go to work and stop fighting against one another. Trump can't do the work for us.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:17 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
I think America is already great.

I don't think Trump is going to improve it. He seems to have definitely dragged down the office of POTUS by a substantial number of IQ points and he's not even in it yet.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:20 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Trump is a farce. The longer he stays in the lime light, more people realize it.
Is he a farce to you because he doesn't seem to me in with Skull Doug Erie?

Hillary needs to be soothed down at a federal mental hospital.

She needs to be counseled by nitwits.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 01-17-2017 at 02:35 PM..

Old 01-17-2017, 02:24 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think America is already great.

I don't think Trump is going to improve it. He seems to have definitely dragged down the office of POTUS by a substantial number of IQ points and he's not even in it yet.
The Office has always used force to cover farce.

Seems to me he's been defeating farcists since his campaign began.

I've always been an anti-farcist myself.

Farcity always seem to cling to Scare City.

Scarcists don't scare me.

They are scarce around me.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 01-17-2017 at 02:41 PM..

Old 01-17-2017, 02:25 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,087,365 times
Trump is WAY out of his league. Even just a tiny fraction of what goes on in America is HUGELY bigger than anything he has even been involved in.

He owns all of his businesses, right? Reports have it that he might be worth $10 Billion, right? So, the sum total of his business world is not even a rounding error of what he is trying to take control of now.

Fail. Huge Fail. Inexperienced. Not too smart, despite his self anointed "I am really, really smart". No people skills. No understanding of history. No understanding of the world. Shoots his mouth off to some people who burry him, just because.

And then you get into his social skills, etc. which are those of a 12 year old.

NO way he will ever come close to "Making America Great" again.

(But he is already telling us that he has done it, because he got a plane order changed (maybe), and he got a few thousand jobs which weren't going anywhere, to stay where they were).

Old 01-17-2017, 02:35 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
My response would be, "Dunno, wait and see."

Old 01-17-2017, 02:41 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,784,010 times
The people here bashing Trump are missing a fundamental difference between Obama and Trump: Obama ran more as King where his cabinet were executing his orders. Disagreements were not allowed. Trump will delegate and will have each cabinet member execute their decisions. He'll run it more as a CEO. And I think he'll be very, very successful in this. His instincts are spot-on (I mean, you don't just create his empire and then run successfully for President.). I believe Trump has his limitations, but I also believe he's aware of them.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:51 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,087,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
The people here bashing Trump are missing a fundamental difference between Obama and Trump: Obama ran more as King where his cabinet were executing his orders. Disagreements were not allowed. Trump will delegate and will have each cabinet member execute their decisions. He'll run it more as a CEO. And I think he'll be very, very successful in this. His instincts are spot-on (I mean, you don't just create his empire and then run successfully for President.). I believe Trump has his limitations, but I also believe he's aware of them.

How do we know he has an "Empire"? Romney said he was a scam artist, a cheat, a fraud, a charlatan.

(That is an odd choice of words when you refer to his predecessor as "King"). I think of The Donald as being somewhere between pretending he is king and the reality that he might be a dictator. Thus far, he has all the hallmarks.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:08 PM

30,898 posts, read 36,980,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
How do we know he has an "Empire"? Romney said he was a scam artist, a cheat, a fraud, a charlatan.

(That is an odd choice of words when you refer to his predecessor as "King"). I think of The Donald as being somewhere between pretending he is king and the reality that he might be a dictator. Thus far, he has all the hallmarks.
Whether he's a dictator or not, I don't know. What I do know is that dictatorship is inevitable when more and more people vote for bigger and bigger government and look to it to solve more and more of their problems. That seems to be the common theme behind both Obama and Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies