Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you actually believe that Trump will make "America great again?"
Yes, ofcourse! 88 36.67%
No. Just no. 152 63.33%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 04:36 AM

6,612 posts, read 3,687,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
He's got a dangerously fragile ego, playing wars of words with other world leaders with similarly dangerously fragile egos. Make America great again? We'll be lucky to escape his reign in one piece.
Yes. Someone being so self-involved, thin-skinned, retaliatory, outwardly offensive, lacking compassion and not stimulating hope and change for ALL, will not benefit others, let alone make anything great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 04:45 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,793,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Why can't you? You said Trump will make America great again and I said he can't he lied to you "America already is great".Why can you not understand this?
I am saying I did not understand grammatically what you wrote. Not the basis of what you wrote. Trump has a strategy and it's a little different than yours. I do not think he has lied about anything. He is entitled to make changes and modifications to what he projects that he will be able to do for our country, as he moves along. Give this wonderful man a chance. He is your president for the next 8 years..

Old 01-16-2017, 04:50 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,724,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I am saying I did not understand grammatically what you wrote. Not the basis of what you wrote. Trump has a strategy and it's a little different than yours. I do not think he has lied about anything. He is entitled to make changes and modifications to what he projects that he will be able to do for our country, as he moves along. Give this wonderful man a chance. He is your president for the next 8 years..
No, again ...he lied to you address it. America has always been great!

Old 01-16-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I`ll hold my opinion until we see which country he`ll buy his next wife from. 3 wives, none from the U.S. Just saying.
And she is not "legal", right? Oh, but I guess that's different... Yeah, money has been involved with any female he has been with.. OH, except the ones from which he just took what he wanted.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:01 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,757,095 times
No he can't.

Countries wax and wane. The US is in decline in relative terms and nobody can stop it. "To make America great again" is a positive slogan in terms of providing the bottom 50% Americans a better life so that everyone member of the society get to share the greatness of the country, not just 20% of it.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
...he has deluded you.. and many others.

Eight years? Don't count on it.

Quote:
This is just a difficult concept for some to grasp. I would like to know what time period those who say "again" are referring to? And what are the points of "improvement" that are going to make it "greater"?

Taking away women's rights and birth control? Altering MediCare and Medicaid, besides regular Health Care...talk about it costing more $$. How about the idea of everyone having an abortion pay for a funeral for an aborted fetus? Oh, what about repealing Roe vs. Wade, so as to not allow abortions and create even more overcrowding, poverty? (Gee, if some had not resisted allowing for Sex Ed and birth control, abortion would not have been as big an issue in the first place). Racism will blossom, support of the KKK, more hate crimes, hatred and unfairness for the LGBT.

More companies and better jobs in the U.S. being promised is unlikely and unrealistic. Even if it is possible, it would not be soon. Some don't realize how much time it takes to create change, as with having had to recover from prior setbacks during the past eight years, that is not given enough credit for.

Yes...I would like to know what positive change is expected.

Old 01-16-2017, 06:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,421,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalGeneral View Post
Trump may have said lots of things what the majority of people wanted to hear - but do you really believe that Donald Trump will make "America great again?".

It is about the definition of making America great again. Ronald Reagan used the same slogan in his 1980 Campaign, but times were way different then. Reagan, in my opinion had completely different ideas than Donald Trump has.

Your thoughts?
IMO America was never not great, to suggest that Trump will make America great again what specific period is he endeavoring to return to for this greatness to reoccur ?

Old 01-16-2017, 11:32 AM

30,909 posts, read 37,051,133 times
Quote:
He's trying to tell you that you need to learn to punctuate, capitalize and spell correctly. Not doing so makes your posts hard to understand. I had the same thought. (i.e. "He lied to you address it". I think you mean "He lied to you. Address it". These things make a difference).

Old 01-16-2017, 02:10 PM

29 posts, read 20,104 times
Well, we should not compare to Trump to Reagan. They are similar but really different as well - and it is quite doubtful that Trump will bring "Glory" to the States and that he will make the States "Great again." We shall see.

Old 01-16-2017, 03:53 PM

24,455 posts, read 23,140,757 times
I think he's latched on to the sentiment people have to want to make America great again. Will he follow through and listen to his supporters who want to make it great again and turn things around? We can hope but its way too early.
Obama made a lot of promises and then abandoned nearly all of them them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies