Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 02:12 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,240,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
No no, Jasper. I've got 4 years of calling out Trump for every single stupid tweet, comment, news appearance and decision he makes. You Republicans don't realize how good you've had it for the last 8 years. This is going to be fun.
Aside from from some occasional fun threads on the PoC, calling out Trump means nothing.

I'm not a Republican.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:15 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,029,970 times
Watching the parade, they're walking now. That's a really long walk in heels. My feet hurt just watching it! I don't know how all the modern first ladies did it.

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
Where was the vision? Where was the unity, of "We, the people"? Where was the attempt at bringing into the fold the majority who did not vote for Trump, a majority of 3 million people? Where was any sign of humility?

All we got was a rehashed stump speech, with over the top statements, like violence in inner cities stopping today. Really?

All we got was a dissing of EVERY former President on the podium, whether Republican or Democrat, plus congress.

All we got was bull baiting the rest of the world that they don't matter any more.

Trump will have a lot to learn. Let's hope his actions don't harm America, and that Congress constrains him. There are good people on both sides of the aisle that DO understand what it means to govern for all Americans.

Trump has given no indication he does.
I was watching CNN and there seemed a general consensus that it was his best speech, nothing inflammatory, very centrist, etc. Van Jones, and it doesn't get any further left than this communist/democrat, mentioned how he did a nice job of pushing things that were not traditional conservative values like the infrastructure projects & jobs. As the panel sat there trying to conjure up reasons to be angry, they started to find some nit-picky stuff like not reaching out to women or gays specifically in the speech. By and large, they couldn't find much to criticize so it's interesting that you found it to be the worst speech ever. Something tells me that if Trump had revealed the cure for cancer in his speech, that you would have found a way to be outraged.

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Default Congratulations to the democrats

The dems on here are going on about lower turnout for Trump than Obama's inauguration in 2009.

Well, congratulations to the democrats for creating an atmosphere of fear at the inauguration.

Leftwing fascists plotting to commit acts of terrorism at the inauguration leads to lower turnout. Congrats on turning our country into a nation that has to fear terrorism at our great tradition of a peaceful transfer of power.

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Man, that's a lot of Secret Service around the Prez as he walked the parade.

Bet they have snipers on every rooftop

Old 01-20-2017, 02:16 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
So what his claim is bogus and he needs to back it up.
Not bogus at all...
Between 2009, when Barack Obama took office, and today,
as he prepares to retire from it, more than 1,100 Democratic elected
officials lost their jobs to Republicans. That number is unprecedented.

The collapse of the Democratic Party under Barack Obama occurred in three
stages, each corresponding to a national response to Obama’s policy and
political overreach.
The massacre of Democratic officials goes far beyond state legislatures.
Democrats held 31 governorships in 2009. Now they hold 17, having been
kicked out of the mansions in Missouri, Vermont, and New Hampshire.
Following this year’s election, Republicans have control of all levers of
government in 25 states.

Plenty more there in gory detail. Democrats were completely destroyed by Obama.

https://groups.google.com/forum/embe...sa/Q-rJmbr1R9s

Old 01-20-2017, 02:17 PM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Nothing Trump says will ever please you or many people. I say this as someone who voted for Hillary.

Same issue with Obama, nothing he ever would say or do would ever please a segment of the population.

My opinion is the speech was quite good.

I have Fox on the whole time, no they did not.
Thanks for your honesty. Won't get to watch it until later. That G1 is an anti-Trump obama honk.

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
No no, Jasper. I've got 4 years of calling out Trump for every single stupid tweet, comment, news appearance and decision he makes. You Republicans don't realize how good you've had it for the last 8 years. This is going to be fun.
http://www.shotinthedark.info/wp/wp-...6/IMG_3917.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-20-2017 at 03:02 PM..

13,428 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It was a great speech. He campaigned to drain the swamp, and today, he took ALL of them to task for being the turds in the swamp.

Let the draining begin.
Yeah, and then he yukked it up with the effluent at various post events. They're all laughing at you, Trump included.

There's no draining. Lol.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:18 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies