Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 02:44 PM

88,626 posts, read 84,895,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
This is more in the PhD/white collar corporate engineering than your on-the-field engineering. And I have seen this with women I went to college with, not just from my husband's perspective.
Don't whack your head jumping to conclusions. I wasn't in the field for more than the first three years, but in a white-collar office job. I remember when we got our first female engineers. Some of them did well. Some of them blew it. They weren't given a free pass when they blew it.

Of course, I didn't work where your husband does, so maybe that IS their policy, but it's not indicative of the way it is in all of the engineering world.

7,977 posts, read 4,992,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
This kind of ignorance, misogyny, mean spiritedness and hatred and misunderstanding of gender and culture and history is why trump squeaked by and is now president.
Unbelievable.
Trump is president because Liberal globalist/anarchy/elitist/ destruction of the middle class patriarchal family Caused it.. Has nothing to with anything else. If you're complaining about Trump as president, the democrats have to look in the mirror. THEY caused it.

Sorry but theres more wholesome middle class WORKING families out there than degenerates looking to be catered to or feminists winging about nonsense that is a non-issue etc.

The wholesome middle class WORKING class got sick and tired of being messed with.. Can anyone blame them?

17,468 posts, read 12,949,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
LOL. When the left insults using vulgarity and defamatory remarks, it's "expressing an opinion" that she has "every right to do,"....

...BUT if a Trump or anyone they are against, does that then it is racist, sexist, misogynist, hateful, fascist, etc.

Got it.
Watch some of the sh*t Madonna has said about men and how she only hangs out with men who will not stand up to her. She talks trash about men, but now she is the darling with the potty mouth. She even tried to date Trump and he had more class than to think about grabbing that!

26,979 posts, read 15,905,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
She's expressing an opinion that the last time I checked she had every right to do.
And others have a right to express an opinion on her opinion.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:45 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,278,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

But what would be the point of protesting the misogyny of a guy who has been dead for more than 50 years?

because they treat JFK like a God in the Democrat party. I'm looking for consistency in their protests........since it was one from their team they give them a pass.

1,722 posts, read 1,745,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, no, they are reacting to him and his misogynic ways. You are right, it's not going to change who is President, and at 70, I doubt he's going to stop being a pig at heart, but it's past the election now and the time for campaign promises. He is actually going to have to do the job and the duties that come with being President, and he's going to have to rely on his Congress, and the greatest concern of Congress is how to keep their jobs.

They are going to see this protest activity and understand that a large chunk of the people who have the power to help them keep their jobs want to be heard, and maybe they will hold his feet to the fire with regard to some of their concerns.
And if all the millions of people who protest against trump and his presidency keep that fire in their belly and continue to act up and act out and continue to make themselves heard, the republicans in congress, in their need and greed for power, will have to stand up to trump if they want to hold their positions of power.
If they see that a vast majority of people in this country do not support trump and his agenda they won't support him. If they continue to support him they will lose their seats of powers in the next round of elections.
This is how people have the power.

10,420 posts, read 10,836,728 times
No

Old 01-21-2017, 02:46 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,909,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxon View Post
board house wives who need attention
Hmmm - if you board housewives, do they get attention, or just room and food??

(Correct spelling is your friend...)
:

Old 01-21-2017, 02:47 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,772,422 times
It is scary how many on the far left have gone off the deep end. I think it borders on mental illness. It is a good thing so few of them are armed.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:47 PM

88,626 posts, read 84,895,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I can't believe the disgusting, sexist comments I've read throughout this post and you wonder why women are marching? Seriously? Because of people like you. Because of our disgusting POTUS. Because we will not sit down and be quiet while you try to send us back to the 1950's.
Ding ding ding.

It's amazing, isn't it? They come on here asking why women are marching and then go on to call women names or say disparaging, or extremely stupid, things about women. Hellooooooo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.