Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 07:39 PM

4,146 posts, read 2,843,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
But, but, but Fake News!!!

Old 01-21-2017, 07:41 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,828,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
How is Trump misogynistic, because he called Rosie O'Donnell a pig, and was goofing around, talking smack on a hidden video ten years ago??

The point being was made was, if people are going to protest a president, have a freaking reason to do so, other than throwing an immature hissy fit cuz "Hilary lost."
He's mysogynistic because of his rhetoric about grabbing women, and actually physically sexually assaulting women. This is just one of the reasons for the protests today.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:43 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,334,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
dude the dems are a centrist party, not left. It is a common mistake made by Americans because they don't realize just how extreme right the right has become.

To win elections Bill Clinton moved the dems to the center and embraces corps wall street etc.

Next time you feel things have moved left, look around the globe, review history.

The dems lost because they failed to move back left to their base ...
I couldn't disagree more. If you look around the globe , especially in the west and europe, nationalist and populist parties are winning and the left is losing on a massive scale.

How did the democrats not move closer to their base? Hillary spoke up for black lives matters,islam and multiculturalism and open borders, feminism ,pro hispanic and browning of america, anti white male and pro immigration, tons of celebrities and Hollywood and media backers and they got crushed, utterly crushed

Old 01-21-2017, 07:43 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,643,666 times
Great marches , Trump has been shown the truth he does not want to believe.

Instead of saying "i hear you, and will bring us together", he stood in the CIA and lied , lied and lied....

TRump is wasting his chances, never before has a president damaged himself so much so early in his term.

Today Republicans reps and senators saw with horror that the public are going to come after them with pitch forks.

They now need to decide, Do they want to come back in two years or do they want to stay aligned with TRUMP and his plutocratic cabinet.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:44 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,745,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I am a trump voter ,a nationalist and right wing, but on social issues I am pro choice/ pro workers rights and environmentalist like alot of alt right people. I just hate how the left has hijacked these issues and the far left has taken over the Democrat party

Why does every environmental and pro choice/ pro worker person mean that you have to be grouped in with the whole black lives matter/anti white//pro islamic/ multicultural open border/ feminist/ globalist special interest groups that control the Democrat party?

These men hating hating feminists and celebrity idiots, black lives matters/ anti white radicals and riots, pro / islamic and multiculturalist , globalist open border types etc absolutely destroyed the democratic party nation wide.

This is the feminist/black/multiculturalist far left gift to the republican party

1-The Presidency

2-The Senate

3-The House

4-Majority of Governorships

5-Majority of State Legislatures

6-At least a generation of a conservative SCOTUS

Most right wing nationalist european groups are liberal on certain social issues like environmnetalism and choice but theyare anti -feminist/anti-multiculturalist (crime and terrorism) and against open border globalism
It's about thinking progressively. Futuristically. It's about being inclusive of all people regardless of gender, race, nationality, etc.. It's about caring for the planet and all of its creatures. It's about caring for each other. It's about realizing that we're all (all of us across the planet) in this together. That life can be very, very difficult and the more we care for one and other the better off we will be.
It's about love. (no, not all progressives are loving so don't go there). But the message is about inclusivity, tolerance, openness, care, protection of each other and the planet.
What in the world is so threatening about all of that? What are you afraid of?

And the far left did not take over the democratic party. If that was true, Bernie Sanders would have won the presidency. The democratic party went too far into middle territory and lost it's heart and soul.

That's why i liked Bernie so much. He never moved into that weak and compromised middle ground. He kept that truly radical and progressive flame of the 60's and early 70's alive. But people were too cynical (not to mention afraid being the consumer driven culture that it is) to accept him and the democratic party too attached to H.C..

Old 01-21-2017, 07:50 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,118,132 times
This may prove interesting to those who want to know why we marched. To others, it won't matter. Take from it what you will.

http://tinyurl.com/zemk9t7

Old 01-21-2017, 07:53 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,745,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Great marches , Trump has been shown the truth he does not want to believe.

Instead of saying "i hear you, and will bring us together", he stood in the CIA and lied , lied and lied....

TRump is wasting his chances, never before has a president damaged himself so much so early in his term.

Today Republicans reps and senators saw with horror that the public are going to come after them with pitch forks.

They now need to decide, Do they want to come back in two years or do they want to stay aligned with TRUMP and his plutocratic cabinet.
Yep.
This will be very interesting especially if so many millions of people keep this up. And i sure i hope they do. It's the only way to keep this maniac in check. The only way. It's the power of the people. And that's the silver lining of this whole disgusting affair.
What will those republicans do? They're going to be watched like they've never been watched before it seems. And they've got to know that.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
There you go again. Telling us what 10s of millions who you have never met, never talked to, never dealt with or even never seen, are thinking.

If these women wanted Hillary, they should have gone out and voted. But their real numbers vs the vast majority of the USA is very very small.

80 million who voted did not vote for Trump.

Why assume of today's marchers all wanted Hillary?

No shortage of Bernie supporters.

Neighbors of mine went to Chicago. They voted Trump as did most in my town.

Old 01-21-2017, 07:59 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,334,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
It's about thinking progressively. Futuristically. It's about being inclusive of all people regardless of gender, race, nationality, etc.. It's about caring for the planet and all of its creatures. It's about caring for each other. It's about realizing that we're all (all of us across the planet) in this together. That life can be very, very difficult and the more we care for one and other the better off we will be.
It's about love. (no, not all progressives are loving so don't go there). But the message is about inclusivity, tolerance, openness, care, protection of each other and the planet.
What in the world is so threatening about all of that? What are you afraid of?

And the far left did not take over the democratic party. If that was true, Bernie Sanders would have won the presidency. Imo, the democratic party went to far into middle territory and lost it's heart and soul. That's why i liked Bernie so much. He kept that progressive flame of the 60's and early 70's alive. But people were to cynical to accept him and the democratic party too attached to H.C..
Bernie was an outsider but why choose someone for your press secretary like Symone Sanders who says white people have no business leading the democratic party and she is there for the brown people and millennials ( not white millennials because they voted in majority for trump )

"It's about realizing that we're all (all of us across the planet) in this together"

I agree with you with on this, especially on an environmental scale we really have to work together , but culturally and nationally there are tons and tons of groups and people around the world that want us dead and our globalist open border policies allow them here, witness everything from 9/11 to san Bernardino and tons of attacks averted.

Other countries are very progressive on many issues, japan and many first world asian countries hav little crime and amazing mass transit, Scandinavia is ( or was before mass immigration) is a liberal paradise on social issues and they are not ( or were not ) places for mass islamic and illegal immigration

None of this is possible with mass illegal immigration,multiculturalism and globalism. I travel all the time but most countries I love are not filled with illegal immigrants and multicultural .

Sprawl and crime, racially and economically segregation on a large scale , huge income disparity and cities and communities filled with crime and poor mass transit, this seems to be the product of mass illegal immigration and huge multicultural societies

Old 01-21-2017, 08:00 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,642,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You're just jealous liberal men get all the action. it's a Harvard study so just squishy your face up, wave your finger and dispute it with the words banana, four, batman symbol.

http://thedailybanter.com/2013/11/ha...best-sex-life/
This is why women want abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.