Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 11:20 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Here I will post it again....

It's live now, 200,000 or more women, the Real Women! Not the Nasty Women

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...life/97102992/

Vice President Pence to address 'March For Life' anti-abortion rally in DC | Fox News

It's live on CNN, and Fox News
Nowhere near that figure. You should get your eyes checked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 11:22 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Of these, less than 6% will go on to college. Not graduate from - just attend.

Half will face homelessness. Many will end up pregnant themselves, or in jail, or exploited.

Imagine being 18 with nothing - no family, no money, no education, no practical knowledge. All you have is trauma. My ex was taken from his parents who physically abused him (mom had Munchausen's by proxy, dad didn't intervene and eventually died of a drug overdose). He ended up being physically, sexually, and emotionally abused by the system, mostly in group homes where most teenage foster kids who are not placed with family members end up because of a shortage of caring families (though he has horror stories about the triple decker bunk bed barracks he stay in with families who had tons of foster kids who they treated as a form of income, but he was stuck at because there was nowhere else to put him. When he aged out, he was homeless with his best friend - a fellow foster care kid with cerebral palsy who was perfectly normal mentally, but never got the therapies he needed to be functional in society physically. The best friend lives off the system in complete isolation now, and my ex never developed the skills to maintain a loving, healthy relationship because of how he was raised.

If there are thousands of people at this march, then each and every one should be picking up an application to foster a child in need. We should not have a shortage of loving, supportive foster families in this country with such a robust pro-life movement.
My heart goes out to your ex. There are thousands and thousands and thousands of kids like this and while there are a lot of foster parents who I wouldn't leave a dog with, there are lot of others who are angels who walk this earth.

Too bad this march isn't about taking care of the children who are already born and struggling to make it in this world.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:23 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,553,915 times
I finally got a good view of that march, and it's tiny. I'm not sure where the 200,000 figure came from, but that's definitely not how many showed up.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:24 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Nowhere near that figure. You should get your eyes checked.
Silver-Fox lives in the alternate reality where the alternate facts reside. Over in alternate reality-land the march is HUUGE.

Back here in the real world--not so much.

8,840 posts, read 4,807,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
You are just nasty like the other women that wore their Nasty Women shirts and rude hats...
Why, thank you! We take nasty woman as a compliment!

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Could someone please post photos of the march. It is likely that all gathered up, there are actually more than it originally looked like.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:25 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
EarthCam - National Mall Cam

The date on the stream shows Jan 27 2017, 1:17 pm.
The camera scans around from time to time.
When I go to that, it does scan occasionally (after I made sure to click specifically on live view, since apparently it defaults to several days ago), but all I get is a scan of building tops and very few street scenes. Have yet to actually see the National Mall. But I'll keep trying.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:25 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I truly hope liberals stay away or can control themselves and not spit, throw eggs at them, light any of their hair on fire,
pour jars of urine on them, cut their clothes with razors, or generally cause violence or anarchy during this march.
(These were all acts they have done recently to Trump supporters)

Let's hope the self-righteous manage to keep away from throwing bombs at facilities providing abortion services along with those who work in them.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:27 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Could someone please post photos of the march. It is likely that all gathered up, there are actually more than it originally looked like.
http://app.ddot.dc.gov/

These are the live traffic cams. You can see the march start at constitution and 15th. Follow the road to the supreme court building.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:27 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,097,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
When I go to that, it does scan occasionally (after I made sure to click specifically on live view, since apparently it defaults to several days ago), but all I get is a scan of building tops and very few street scenes. Have yet to actually see the National Mall. But I'll keep trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies