Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2017, 12:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
If abortion becomes illegal, and she has one anyway, she's broken the law. She would suffer whatever punishment was deemed appropriate for her to commit that illegal action.
This is what candidate Trump said, and I fully agree and support his position.

What that punishment would be would be up to the court that deemed that action against the law.
Like anything we do in life, actions have consequences. If one breaks the law, they should suffer the punishment that's deemed appropriate for that infraction.
Yep. LOCK THEM UP!

That's what Comrade Trump ran on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I hope the marchers raise a lot of money for Planned Parenthood. We all know that cheap, easy birth control is the key to lowering the abortion rate.
WE know that but do THEY????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 12:22 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
CNN had a press conference with Trump.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-27-2017 at 12:40 PM..

Old 01-27-2017, 12:24 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
If abortion becomes illegal, and she has one anyway, she's broken the law. She would suffer whatever punishment was deemed appropriate for her to commit that illegal action.
This is what candidate Trump said, and I fully agree and support his position.
What that punishment would be would be up to the court that deemed that action against the law.
Like anything we do in life, actions have consequences. If one breaks the law, they should suffer the punishment that's deemed appropriate for that infraction.
And what punishment is appropriate, in your estimation?

Old 01-27-2017, 12:24 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,807,524 times
Quote:
I hope the marchers raise a lot of money for Planned Parenthood. We all know that cheap, easy birth control is the key to lowering the abortion rate.
Agreed! Pro choice people want to bring down the abortion rate. And it is down now.
When funding is cut to women's health services it will go up as it did in the past.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:25 PM

185 posts, read 169,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
Finally, we have a march of the Real Women and Mothers of this nation. Those women who would fight with their lives for their children, who would protect their children at any cost, who cherish their young and are beyond playing power games with a unborn child's life.

These are our beautiful women. Above threats of violence, petty attacks on a 10 year old boy and divisive rhetoric not worthy of the mothers and daughters who went before. In fact, they would be ashamed and truly disappointed at the ugly bitterness of Liberal women.
You are the one who should be ashamed. I'm pro-choice because I don't want babies born to suffering. I have seen it first-hand too many times. I am a mother, a wife. I would willingly give up my own life for my child.

You, on the other hand, are a name-calling bully and a bigot. We, who are just as "real" and womanly as you, march against the willful ignorance you wish to force on everyone else.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:26 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yep. LOCK THEM UP!

That's what Comrade Trump ran on.

WE know that but do THEY????
I was being a little sarcastic there. Most "pro-life" people are mostly intent on shaming women for having sex. They care very little for the unborn.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:30 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
Funny not even a one liner on CNN or MSNBC about it, however Fox has a live feed available on the main page.
CNN has a reporter on the scene since early this morning. They go to her at least once an hour. She's on right now. So yeah, much more than one line, no?

Old 01-27-2017, 12:32 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
And what punishment is appropriate, in your estimation?
I'm not the one that will come up with the punishment to any crime. I can't estimate what the court would see fit. I would think that if this law was put into place, along with it would be alternatives to abortion in the form of more support for foster care and adoptions.
There's always room for improvement with adoptions. Too many couples are wanting to raise a family but aren't able to have their own child. It's expensive to go that route, and some have to resort to less expensive options that may provide them a child but one that isn't in the best of health due to the funds currently provided for by that adoption agency. Whatever the choice, something needs to be done to stop the, what I consider, murder of innocent children yet to be born.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:35 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,981 times
Quote:
I was being a little sarcastic there. Most "pro-life" people are mostly intent on shaming women for having sex. They care very little for the unborn.
And, for the record, yes, obviously from my posts you can tell that I am pro-life.
I don't 'shame' anybody - and I think that sex is a wonderful thing, so I'd certainly never shame a woman for having it - or the guy she had it with... I would hope though, that she and he would be responsible and have protected sex (condom/birth control pill) and not use an abortion as a form of birth control.

Old 01-27-2017, 12:37 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,807,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
CNN has a reporter on the scene since early this morning. They go to her at least once an hour. She's on right now. So yeah, much more than one line, no?
Yes I've had CNN on most of the day and it's been on many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies