Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 05:52 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,248,397 times

Advertisements

I don't know why this is so funny:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream1 View Post
They have to go back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 05:56 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatUnwashed View Post
I would like to see all illegals deported but I know that isn't practical and/or fair for the anchor babies but I see another solution for this problem...

The steps I would take:

1) build wall or beef up border security.
2) Amnesty non-violent illegals.
3) With help of local authorities Deport violent illegals and repeat offenders of lesser crimes.
4) Remove sanctuary status of all cities. Any new illegal immigrants should be thrown out immediately for breaking immigration laws.
We had better make sure that the border is secure if an amnesty because the next wave of illegals will dwarf this mess.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:07 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,826,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatUnwashed View Post
The whole Putin narrative was to shift the attention away from the DNC/Podesta Wikileaks and subsequent loss of the election. Instead of cleaning out the trash the dems are deflecting blame and moving on like business as usual.
Need to explain the most embarrassing loss in political history some way

Old 01-26-2017, 06:26 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
In an interview on NPR LA's Mayor said the following:

NPR Interviewer: "Has your view changed at all as President-elect Trump's proposals have changed. He initially said on the campaign trail, I want to deport all 11 million or so people who were in the country illegally. More recently, he said, I just want to focus on people who are here who are criminals. He overstated that number. He said 2 or 3 million, but immigration experts say it's several hundred thousand people who actually, in some cases, have felony convictions. Do you have a problem with moving them out of the country?"

Garcetti: "No. I think that we have participated in much of that, even with the Obama administration. We should be focused on violent criminals that are in our midst. And I think no responsible mayor would ever say no to the deportation of folks who have committed violent crimes in their communities who come under our custody. That's something that we do today."

Conflict Over Immigration Brews Between U.S. Cities And Feds : NPR
Define "non violent crime "
Another problem with that is that people that commit non violent crimes might commit violent crimes in the future. sure you will say "well it's the same with legal citizens "

The point is they aren't legal .

If the snuck in here and disrespect our rules and laws once and then the commit ANY crime they should go .

You'll see crime go down drastically .
Americans will soon see all the crimes illegals are committing with the new weekly lists and you'll see any support for illegals errode.
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/tru...ctuary-cities/

Old 01-26-2017, 06:59 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,826,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Define "non violent crime "
Another problem with that is that people that commit non violent crimes might commit violent crimes in the future. sure you will say "well it's the same with legal citizens "

The point is they aren't legal .

If the snuck in here and disrespect our rules and laws once and then the commit ANY crime they should go .

You'll see crime go down drastically .
Americans will soon see all the crimes illegals are committing with the new weekly lists and you'll see any support for illegals errode.
Trump orders weekly publication of crimes committed by illegals in sanctuary cities - The American MirrorThe American Mirror
yes...seriously. Coming to the country illegally is a crime. But honestly, as the Pres has said this is also going to help Mexico become great again, or at least greater then they are now. Beyond criminals and gang members, Mexico also loses thousands of their best citizens to the US who want a chance to create a better life. Now they can can all go back and/or stay put and help contribute to their own country which is a win/win

Old 01-26-2017, 06:59 PM

368 posts, read 366,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Brown people , lol ok ... little do you know ..pretty ignorant comment.
You obviously still don't get it .

Hmm so De Leon is saying illegals are honest ? How honest is it to sneak into another country and break their laws ?

This is the same old argument the Pro illegal crowd makes . The guilt trip and play to emotions .
It's run it's course and we are tired of it .
They are too good to live wherever they came from ? Why ?
Truth is they want what we have to offer but didn't want to wait in line .

Garcetti ,Brown and this clown De Leon can say what they want but they have no control over federal immigration laws .
I'm married to one of those "brown people". She wants them out. Come here the right way or get the F--- Out.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:05 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr6035 View Post
I'm married to one of those "brown people". She wants them out. Come here the right way or get the F--- Out.
This is a pretty common sentiment among the legal immigrant or native born minority population in Los Angeles .

Why legal immigrants would lump themselves in with illegals make zero common sense .
They wait their turn and have to deal with all the paperwork etc to come in legally why would they feel sympathetic to line cutters ?

Old 01-26-2017, 07:42 PM

4,314 posts, read 4,000,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Sure, let them take away federal funding - as long as California gets to keep its own federal tax dollars here in state. We know that will never happen (CA keeping its tax dollars). Hmm, secession is looking like a better option every day.
don't let the door hit you on the way out .

Old 01-26-2017, 07:44 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,116,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Gump's executive order is virtually meaningless - - only Congress can withhold federal funds, and it's doubtful they have the constitutional authority to do so anyway:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Dakota_v._Dole

This will almost certainly be challenged by the states, and by the time they win, Gump will be long gone.
Donald Trump will never be president just a summer fling

Old 01-26-2017, 07:55 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,422,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Need to explain the most embarrassing loss in political history some way
The Dems were gunning for a 3rd straight GE victory (always difficult to pull off), and lost narrowly. HRC even won the popular vote by a substantial margin, with the Dems picking up seats in Congress.

What's so embarrassing about the loss? Oh right, they lost to Donald Trump, the single biggest moron in the history of US politics.

You're right, that is pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr6035 View Post
Oh look, a variation on the old "I can't be a bigot, some of my best friends are black" fallacy conservatives like to trot out. Means nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies