Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 02:47 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
LMAO are reich-wingers seriously trying to argue that the QoL in Texas is superior to Massachusetts?

Cheaper doesn't mean better.
I'd argue the QOL is different in Texas.

Are you arguing QOL in MA is better than TX? If so, how do you even make that argument?

QOL is different for different people. I don't think you can prove it one way or another.

I know that my QOL is better in Texas, but I'm sure someone in Boston has a better QOL than they would have in Houston.

Sorry, but MA isn't better than TX and TX isn't better than MA.

Don't be silly trying to say one is better than the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 02:49 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,950,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What plane are you flying where you can't easily spot people?

When I fly the Piper 151 or the Cessna 172, I can easily see people on the ground at 500 feet.

If I were flying the border, and I saw someone digging at the wall, I'd call my ground team and have them head to the wall.

You must be a politician who doesn't fly.
But this is remote desert area we are talking about, not downtown Houston. By the time your ground team gets there the wall jumpers will be long gone. And good luck locating them at night.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:50 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,110,011 times
"Reich wingers"? Just when you thought liberals couldn't get more hateful and juvenile.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:53 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'd argue the QOL is different in Texas.

Are you arguing QOL in MA is better than TX? If so, how do you even make that argument?

QOL is different for different people. I don't think you can prove it one way or another.

I know that my QOL is better in Texas, but I'm sure someone in Boston has a better QOL than they would have in Houston.

Sorry, but MA isn't better than TX and TX isn't better than MA.

Don't be silly trying to say one is better than the other.

There are many objective ways to gauge QoL. - - education levels, rate of uninsured, medium household incomes, etc.

MA leads Texas in virtually all of them save CoL, which is a product of MA's desirability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"Reich wingers"? Just when you thought liberals couldn't get more hateful and juvenile.

Says the poster who wants to deport Dreamers. Even Gump is hesitant to do that.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:54 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Tell that to the people who were once trapped in East Berlin.

Because a 91 mile long wall and a 1900 mile long wall are just soooooooo similar in their ease of enforcing the line in terms of cost/manpower?

Old 01-27-2017, 02:59 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
There are many objective ways to gauge QoL. - - education levels, rate of uninsured, medium household incomes, etc.

MA leads Texas in virtually all of them save CoL, which is a product of MA's desirability.
Lets see... People vote with their feet.

Increase in Population 2000 - 2016
  • Texas +2,716,491
  • Mass. +263,962
Texas had greater than 10X the growth of MA. This speaks for itself.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:59 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
But this is remote desert area we are talking about, not downtown Houston. By the time your ground team gets there the wall jumpers will be long gone. And good luck locating them at night.
How long can you dig a tunnel under a wall that goes five feet into the ground?

Cruising at 125 kts allows a plane to spot you before you finish. Once you get on the other side, you're walking at what 3 mph? Jeeps can cover much more ground that that. So after two hours you've made it maybe six miles while I've already landed, refueled and told the guys in the jeeps exactly where you are.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:01 PM

778 posts, read 339,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
That job would have taken 18 months in TX at 1/3 the price. Under budget and 2 months early.

Love going to Boston where you'll see a Cop anyplace they are filling a pothole. Or the guys sitting in the toll booths when they no longer collect tolls.

Strong Unions. Expensive Boondoggle projects.
Yup, MA requires that a police officer "direct traffic" around any construction area. Nice overtime pay for the cops! And toll takers make over $80K a year (had a girlfriend whose husband was toll taker) BUT, you gotta know somebody.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:02 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,092 times
Quote:
Lets see... People vote with their feet.

Increase in Population 2000 - 2016
  • Texas -> 2,716,491
  • Mass. -> 263,962
Texas had 10X the growth of MA. This speaks for itself.
They move to Texas because it's cheaper - - the coasts are prohibitively more expensive.

This says nothing about the QoL of either place.

Old 01-27-2017, 03:03 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,550,625 times
Quote:
  • Again you opinion of yourself is irrelevant.
  • Your metric was states, not city. (Boston is 23rd) MA dropped from being the 14th largest state by population in 2010 to 15th largest in 2015 according to US Census. It was surpassed by Arizona and soon even Tennessee will be larger. This speaks for itself.
No, my metric was city. Read the link. Oh wait, I forgot: you don't read links. Game over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies