Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2017, 08:05 PM

381 posts, read 177,426 times

Advertisements

There's nothing heroic or compassionate about this; it's a cowardly and pathetic way to score political points and votes. Immigration policies are set at the national level, and courts have time after time recognized that inherent sovereign power to regulate immigration clearly resides in the federal government. I cannot wait for states, cities and people who defy our Constitution to be smacked down by President Trump

Old 01-28-2017, 08:34 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
An illegal (undocumented) is not a race. It is not a protected class.

There is a process in which to enter the country legally. My wife did it, I have friends that did it, I have other family members that did it.

However, many people feel these immigration laws do not apply to them, they think they are special and the laws are for others, so they cross into the US illegally or over stay their visa.

So, what makes them so special? Because they refused to comply with immigration and entry laws?
There are two ways you can stay and work in the US legally, and that is to be sponsored by family who are US citizens, or apply as a refugee seeking asylum, but I'm sure you already knew that. What if you don't qualify for either? They aren't overstaying their visas so they can party it up here, but that's precisely how you are making it sound.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:27 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This is EXACTLY how to respond to a bully like Donald Trump-we'll keep our HALF-TRILLION dollars here in-state and moocher red states can eat [MOD CUT/profanity]

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX 5) – The state of California is studying ways to suspend financial transfers to Washington after the Trump administration threatened to withhold federal money from sanctuary cities, KPIX 5 has learned.

California Could Cut-Off Feds In Response To Trump Threats « CBS San Francisco
LOL... keep dreaming, these fools aren't going to do crap.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:39 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,116,455 times
This won't end well for California. Most of California is economically depressed other than a few thriving high tech areas.

Old 01-28-2017, 10:59 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
This won't end well for California. Most of California is economically depressed other than a few thriving high tech areas.
Trump is thinking about selling California to China for 20 billion dollars.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:03 PM

19,788 posts, read 22,695,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
California's GDP places it about 8-10 in the scale of economies. They are a world power behind Japanand ahead of S. Korea

Old 01-28-2017, 11:07 PM

19,788 posts, read 22,695,361 times
Actually I'm all for states rights, so let them go. I'm sure the republic won't miss their contributions to the rest of the welfare states.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:07 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,116,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
California's GDP places it about 8-10 in the scale of economies. They are a world power behind Japanand ahead of S. Korea
You didn't build that, someone else did. As you drive outside of San Francisco and pass all the homeless bums and tents all over, you will find most of the towns look like they haven't had growth since 1985.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:08 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
There is also no law that the Feds have to give grants for things like transportation systems to California.
yeah lets see how it plays out when the fed tries to withhold funding from half a dozen states. I know you think that having all 3 branches means you own the country but the GOP would risk becoming the 3rd party if they force the issue.
I know it , you know it, and most of all they know it.

Old 01-28-2017, 11:10 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Lol, cities in California are harboring people who are illegally in the country, a direct violation of federal law, but yet the federal government is the bad guy?

Why are cities not assisting the federal government with enforcing federal law?

By the way, the federal government will win this battle, and it will be at the expense of the citizens of California.

How will the government win. What is their legal standing. A president can't just sign an executive order and poof it happens. The people will win in this case because they are protecting human beings. It's the right thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies