Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 09:01 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
From the CBC -
A witness, who asked to remain anonymous, told CBC's French-language service Radio-Canada that two masked individuals entered the mosque.

"It seemed to me that they had a Quebecois accent. They started to fire, and they they shot they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head," said the witness.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbc.c...?client=safari

Old 01-29-2017, 09:07 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
And so it begins. They always go after the places of worship first. I guess the hate is so strong that they want to strike at the heart of their perceived enemies faith.

Strange and sad.

Most likely Interfaith from the Canadian witness. It could be a Canadian Right Winger though. If it is the news will silence to a whisper as the Left need something to be outraged over

"A witness, who asked to remain anonymous, told CBC's French-language service Radio-Canada that two masked individuals entered the mosque.

"It seemed to me that they had a Quebecois accent. They started to fire, and as they shot they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!' The bullets hit people that were praying. People who were praying lost their lives. A bullet passed right over my head," said the witness. "

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-29-2017 at 09:26 PM..

Old 01-29-2017, 09:09 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
This mosque has had issues in the recent past. A pig's head was left at their door in 2015.
You ever notice how so many anti Muslim attacks were found to be perpetrated by Muslim fakers and not the evil Right wingers. Apparently there are more fakes then actual attacks.

Yasmin Seweid, 18, said three Trunp supporters had called her a "terrorist". "She was arrested on Wednesday and admitted fabricating the story to avoid getting into trouble with her parents"
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38328242

"An Iraqi woman named Shaima Alawadi was found beaten to death in her dining room, allegedly by Islamophobes. It later turned out her husband killed her and staged it as a hate crime, and the story was quickly dropped"
http://www.webcitation.org/query?url...ate=2013-07-17

"Hailed as a poster-boy for "peaceful, moderate Islam". A US soldier who converted to Islam at age 17, Abdo was granted conscientious objector status. in 2009 he publicly denounced the Fort Hood massacre as running "counter to what I believe in as a Muslim," but in 2011 when he was arrested and found with a large quantity of weapons and explosives materials, he admitted planning another similar attack on Fort Hood."

http://www.webcitation.org/query?url...ate=2011-07-31

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-29-2017 at 09:23 PM..

Old 01-29-2017, 09:10 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,069,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Most likely Interfaith from the Canadian witness:

They started to fire, and as they shot they yelled, 'Allahu akbar!'
Those could also be taunts

Old 01-29-2017, 09:13 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You ever notice how so many anti Muslim attacks were found to be perpetrated by Muslims and not the evil Right wingers
It happens. In this case we don't know what happened yet. I mentioned an incident that happened recently at the mosque. I made no judgement on it....just the facts of the incident.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:17 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Well, if this was the US, and the suspected perps were white, that would already be headline news, even if it was just a rumor. In the US, if the suspected perp is black/brown/muslim, they would sit on it until they figure out how to spin it to support the OFFICIAL STORY.

Maybe the Canucks keep it close until they know what's going on.
So if this was a white perpetrator then it would have already been headlines.
Do you also agree that if it was Muslim, then it would have been classified as a "terrorist" activity - but a mental illness case if it was a white perpetrator?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:20 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Someone wake me up when they have some actual facts as to what happened.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:21 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Someone wake me up when they have some actual facts as to what happened.
This is the internet. Blame someone...NOW!

I'll put you down for Putin. Yes, it was Putin.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:23 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That's horrific. I don't understand how people can do things like this.
You spread propaganda over the internet inciting REAL hate and murder and they wait for a few folks with schizophrenia or other issues to act out for you.

However, in some cases, it's just religious fervor as we have seen in the US in other attacks.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:25 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,066,378 times
While mental illness can pass for a lot of things, I doubt if it were white perpetrators that did this they wouldn't do anything short of terrorism as their charge.

If this was Muslim on Muslim violence my first question would be if their were many young Somali gang members in the mosque. As Somali gang violence is pretty high in Canada relative to other ethnic groups that frequent mosques. It even then Somali gangs are more likely to involved isolated stabbing not out in public shooting so I personally think it might be a right-wing perpetrator(s), won't say anything about their race since the right wing is an ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies