Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 09:46 AM

15,076 posts, read 10,146,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
thats right its not good enough. If it were up to the bat s**t crazy left, our borders would be totally open.
Well.. that's a bit different from what you posted. I don't agree with open borders either.

Why do you think refugee program vetting isn't good enough?

I keep wondering why Trump thinks the vetting process isn't good enough... Of course, I can't just walk up to him and ask. We haven't had a terrorist act committed by a refugee... mostly home grown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 09:48 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,804,402 times
OP, At least you know what channel to listen to Rush. I don't even have a clue. Translation,
most of us don't listen to Rush Limbaugh.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:53 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,118,814 times
Oh great the. "If we make them mad they will want to kill us" argument again. We've had 8 years of this under Obama and it did nothing. In fact ISIS grew under his watch. Iran just launched a ballastic missile yesterday. We gave them $200 billion dollars last year and they still chant death to America every friday. Being nice to them doesn't work, we must now be proactive. This is a mild version of the muslim ban Trump ran his campaign on. He won.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:09 PM

21,498 posts, read 10,619,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Well.. that's a bit different from what you posted. I don't agree with open borders either.

Why do you think refugee program vetting isn't good enough?

I keep wondering why Trump thinks the vetting process isn't good enough... Of course, I can't just walk up to him and ask. We haven't had a terrorist act committed by a refugee... mostly home grown.
Well, there was this one, and he came in when Iraq was a bit more stable.

Terrorism Case Exposes Gaps In Refugee Screening : NPR

So if I'm a little skeptical of how good vetting can be from countries with even less security apparatuses and databases, I think I have good reason.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:28 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,587,441 times
Well - we will see, no?

We will see IF in four years that Trump kept us safer than GWB or safer than Obama.

IF we have another 9-11 type incident - we'll know Trump was FOS.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:36 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,412,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You are spot on. Someone on the TV commented that ISIS has been handed the greatest gift they could, through this idiotic act by Trump. They are very smart at recruiting, and now have the perfect argument to use to convince even more people that Americans are pigs and need to die.

Trump put NO thought into this ban, none whatsoever. In his childish, uneducated desire to show how macho he is, he raced into this decision blindly, and has painted America into a corner. WE hate what he did, THE WORLD hates what he did, but ISIS LOVES what he did.

Of all the dumba** tricks this buffoon has pulled, this one, so far, tops them all. It is wrong and dangerous on so many levels, many of which we have not begun to see yet. He really needs to be pulled out of that seat, and pulled out soon, before he does even more damage to America and Americans.

I just pray that he has not already caused more fringe element people to become radicalized and Hellbent on doing harm to us here.
Don't play much chess I suppose.

https://pediaview.com/openpedia/Operation_Trust
Operation Trust (операция “Трестâ€[1]) was a counterintelligence operation of the State Political Directorate (GPU) of the Soviet Union. The operation, which ran from 1921 to 1926, set up a fake anti-Bolshevik resistance organization, “Monarchist Union of Central Russiaâ€, MUCR (Монархическое объединение Центральной России, МОЦР), in order to help the OGPU identify real monarchists and anti-Bolsheviks.

if ISIS is not controlled opposition already, they are ripe for it. Its actually a good thing for them to up their recruitment to suck in all the radicals.

You guys think Trump is making the first move, but you are looking two moves ahead and think you are a genius. Have you considered the problem is a mate in 3?

So if anything the ban has a side befit. If keeps them out and also sucks them into ISIS.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:39 PM

39,332 posts, read 27,714,397 times
I actually agree with Ringo on this one.

Let's find out.

I am under the impression that Trump will put an end to Cold War, terrorism and infiltration. If so, then invariably he will make the world a safe place.

This said, I am not a psychic and election is a gamble. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:05 PM

15,076 posts, read 10,146,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Well, there was this one, and he came in when Iraq was a bit more stable.

Terrorism Case Exposes Gaps In Refugee Screening : NPR

So if I'm a little skeptical of how good vetting can be from countries with even less security apparatuses and databases, I think I have good reason.
Well yes... it resulted in Obama's decision to improve the vetting process. I'm talking about the current process as in today. Not back in 2011

Old 02-01-2017, 03:11 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,218,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump put NO thought into this ban, none whatsoever.
Sure he did. Six of the seven States are currently in conflict, and if he maintains his campaign promise, ISIS will be destroyed, so it won't matter.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:29 PM

22,518 posts, read 12,068,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Yesterday on the radio on my way to work, there was a story about US soldier that worked diligently to get his translator into the US. He trusted his translator so much that he armed him to fight on our side... they both risk their lives for each other. He had intelligence that his translator and his family were being targeted. Without this translator's help and those of others like him, their job would not only be more difficult but much more dangerous.

It took almost 8 years to get him and family here... just before the ban was signed. He confirmed that the vetting process is stringent for them just like other refugees.

The translator is a Muslim. Now why would a Muslim risk his life to assist US troops if even the slightest message of "anti-Muslim" comes from the US?

The US is partly responsible for the mess in the Middle East. Now we are seen as turning our backs on them....

I'm more concerned about what happens with the Exec Order for the immigration ban expires.... will it be extended.. perhaps indefinitely.
^^^^Glad things worked out well for all. However, it isn't always like that. Many times, Muslims will pretend to befriend non-Muslims. For example, the Boston bombers---When a surveillance camera got a shot of them, the younger one, Dzokhar (sp?) was recognized by one of his teachers. The teacher didn't report it to the police because, in the teacher's words---he couldn't believe it was Dzokhar because Dzokhar was such a quiet, gentle person!

Or the terrorist who tried to blow up Times Square---He immigrated here and then became a citizen. When he was in court he ranted on and on about how he hated the US and wanted to bring destruction to this country. Meanwhile, people who didn't know him well assumed that since he took the time and the trouble to become a citizen, he has to be a good guy.

There was a similar case in Northern Virginia. A Muslim immigrant, who later became a US citizen, was plotting to blow up Metrorail. He, too, in court ranted about how he hated the US.

One of the 9/11 hijackers used to frequent a barber shop in Northern Virginia. After it was revealed that he was one of the 9/11 terrorists, people at the barber shop were in shock. He was such a nice guy, they said---friendly towards everyone.

As for proper vetting for Syrian refugees. It can't be done. When the Syrian government fell, passport offices were broken into and now there are a lot of fake passports that look real. Europe found that out very quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies