Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 09:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times

Advertisements

Only two weeks in and already tRump is circling the drain.

Liquid Plumber, anyone?

Old 02-05-2017, 09:40 AM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Great. But since you want to go with with the argument that the left wing liberal media is reporting that more people dislike Donald Trump that really do, let me point out that the Politico article bases its suggestion on the results of a Rasmussen poll. Rasmussen is notoriously quite conservative and pro-Republican. Thus, Donald Trump may still be as unpopular as we think
Rasmussen is on the right edge of mainstream polling. But it's still mainstream. And a lot of people I meet at normally ultra-liberal venues such as Jewish Reform synagogues are surprisingly open to Trump.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:38 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
CBS Poll Finds Trump at Historic Low Approval | Broadcasting & Cable

Once he drops into the 30's he will have lost any chance of moving his agenda, while his chances of impeachment will rise.

Most Republicans far prefer Pence and are just looking for an excuse to put him in charge.

All this smiley-face honeymoon stuff is about to blow up in Trump's ugly face.
A bit of advice:

Living and dying by the fake news polls over the next eight years is going to make for a disappointing decade for you.

Old 02-05-2017, 11:32 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
A bit of advice:

Living and dying by the fake news polls over the next eight years is going to make for a disappointing decade for you.
Eight years? How are you so sure he'll be reelected? That's a pretty big assumption to make, don't you think?

Old 02-05-2017, 05:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
I see HUGE protests, marches, and demonstrations against the Orange Clown. Gigantic gatherings with 10,000's and 100,000's.

The inauguration itself did not get an impressive attendance - only a fraction of Obama's 1.8 MILLION in 2009.

That's good enough for me.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:48 PM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,817 times
What, I heard that Trump was running for President....

Hows Mr Cheeto doing?

Seriously though, there are many problems going on with this new administration, the primary two being:

- The separation of the United States into an Us vs Them nation.
- The introduction and initialization of new programs without even a simple "please" or "thank you" (or using proper chanels, etc).

We now have a country that HATES ITSELF! We have people willing to physically HURT other countrymen because of their beliefs. We also have an administration that insults allies like Australia.

Seriously?

Australia?

If you went around the world and TRIED to find a country more similar to the US than Australia you would win the next Celebrity Apprentice. (Asta la vista... small human infant... *confused*)

He has GOT to stop raging on Twitter like some unsatisfied Online FPS team player (OMG LAG!!!) and deal. We should all give him a chance, but at the same time, a chance requires some effort on his side as well.

Nominating a woman who has no experience in education is one thing, but her not knowing a DAMN THING after a MONTH of prep time bfore her hearing (interview) means she is not willing to put in the effort to do it right. FAILED interview. Get someone better! I am sure he knows SOMEONE that would be better!

Bottom line. Hate will only make Russia and China win. (Oooooooh! Big evil). We need to get off the rage-quit and make something that will not just be a decree with no means and methods (As a CE, I can see MANY problems with the wall, but that is another issue).

Lets make some solutions instead of excuses and reactions.

I HATE Trump, but I am willing to give him a chance so long as we ALL stop running this country via Tweets... :P

Old 02-05-2017, 07:01 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
A bit of advice:

LOL, not fake ,very,very real.Get use to it.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
"they're"

though that could be a typo instead of stupid so Ill cut you some slack
Ill = I'll

"though that could be a typo instead of stupid so Ill cut you some slack"
See how that works?

Old 02-05-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Which positive impact? The it's okay to breath toxic air and drink dirty water act or the your stock broker can **** you without consequences act? There are many others but we can start with these.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
We have had Iran leadership chanting death to America and testing missiles. Now they are working on enriching Uranium.
North Korea testing nuclear weapons and long range missiles. Leader says they want to annihilate america.
Neither started on Trumps watch.

Call Trump what you want I don't hear him yelling death to China and lets nuke beijing.

That is for week #3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies