Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 09:12 AM

381 posts, read 177,199 times

Advertisements

No. I'm not a sports fan, so might as well root for the Patriots
I was invited to a SB party but I can't make it, but I will be tuning in to the half time show to watch Gaga, who probably was only invited for her political stance. I listen to the radio from time to time and I don't remember her being that popular over the last few years, but I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So, say you had a good friend for years who ends up running for the presidency, and against all odds wins it. Would you support the friend and be happy about it, or would you act like he was all the sudden a pariah because half the country doesn't like him?

If you chose the latter, what kind of person are you? Brady knows Trump in a different way than the media caricature we all know. I recall at the beginning of the campaign many celebrities talking about how they always had very wonderful and respectful conversations with Trump, and liked him. Now they've all turned their backs on him. At least the empty headed Ken Doll has the courage enough to stand by a friend.

And if your sole reason for not liking a guy is because he has a different political opinion than you, get over yourself. Politics are important, but not that important.

Good point!

Old 02-05-2017, 09:17 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
No. I'm not a sports fan, so might as well root for the Patriots
I was invited to a SB party but I can't make it, but I will be tuning in to the half time show to watch Gaga, who probably was only invited for her political stance. I listen to the radio from time to time and I don't remember her being that popular over the last few years, but I could be wrong.
Or because she sung the National Anthem last year, dressed very conservatively (and patriotically), and completely knocked it out of the park. One of the best ever.

https://youtu.be/zv2f5r5O0-c

Old 02-05-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Or because she sung the National Anthem last year, dressed very conservatively (and patriotically), and completely knocked it out of the park. One of the best ever.

https://youtu.be/zv2f5r5O0-c

Thanks for posting. I've always thought she had a good voice. I only remember Beyonce's performance from last year.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:24 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,766,627 times
Brady is a great QB but he always struck me as not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, which would explain why he likes Trump. At any rate I don't really care who wins as long as it is a good game and the ads are entertaining.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:27 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilAries View Post
Thanks for posting. I've always thought she had a good voice. I only remember Beyonce's performance from last year.
Well as a Broncos fan, I watched it all last year, beginning to end.

That said, I will be rooting for Atlanta because, as a Broncos fan, it is my obligation to root against the Patriots. Has more to do with Belichik than Brady though (for me).

Old 02-05-2017, 09:47 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
I can't root for NE because I'm a Jets fan (yeah, I know ), but I can't root for Atlanta because my pool numbers favor NE. I hope the ads are good.

Btw, you libs have gotten way too weird about NE.

Last edited by Dockside; 02-05-2017 at 10:13 AM..

Old 02-05-2017, 09:57 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,276,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I will be rooting against them because he knocked my Steelers out of the playoffs, and I don't like that little smirk on his face, he is the media darling, I don't want them to close in on the Steelers six Super Bowl titles. And because of all of that they are probably going to win, lol. Also, I do live in South Carolina and Atlanta is a lot closer than New England.
I came to post just this, lol.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:01 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,786,894 times
Tom Brady wears makeup.

Old 02-05-2017, 10:29 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Tom Brady wears makeup.
I'd wear makeup to get with Gisselle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies