Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 08:37 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So you characterize this as a school racial integration issue. i.e. Blacks on their own can't run a successful school system and thus, must go to schools run by conservative Whites.

Is this your claim?
No, it certainly isn't. I was making the point that the schools in the suburbs generally have more white conservatives (At least here in the south). Those white conservatives are going to throw a fit if inner city kids, whether they be black or not, start pouring into their schools. As I responded to someone else as well, it isn't just about conservatives either. You will hear the same things in the elite liberal areas as well. You know what the difference is though? Those liberals will actually have a right to complain, since they aren't the ones who got her where she is.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
You are correct. There are almost always "affordable" places in good school districts. However, you need to sacrifice. I belong to a facebook group for NY (Westchester and Bronx Mothers) and this was a recent exchange (Westchester had GREAT schools, Bronx not so much)

Bronx Mom: I am only zoned for bad schools. Yet the rich kids in Westchester get all the good schools. Guess that's why the rich get richer and the poor stay poor.

Next post....

Same Bronx Mom: Hey Mama's I am shopping for a new car any mama's have either the Acura SUV or Lexus SUV?? Pro's Cons of each?? SO CONFLICTED!

Priorities!!!!!! This same mother can save the 500 bucks on her luxury car payment and put that towards the additional rent to move to Westchester. Bam! School problem solved.
Exactly!

Now, I obviously didn't move to get my son into the school we wanted him to go to, but we didn't need to. Had we not been able to get him into it, we would have sacrificed our house that we love (larger house on almost an acre that backs up to a huge open field. Very peaceful) and moved into the district. If something falls through and they suddenly tell us that he can't go, we will move to the district. It costs a lot more, and we would have to get either an apartment or smaller house with smaller yard. Point is, we would do it. A lot of people aren't willing to sacrifice, like Bronx Mom.

Old 02-08-2017, 08:58 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Is it because she is an accomplished conservative woman?

Oh well, another loss for the left!
She got the nomination because she donated money. She was confirmed because the GOP is using Trump to make get their platform.

If you didn't already know the answer to this question, you haven't been paying attention to anything.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:00 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
didn't read the whole thread but has anyone mentioned how stupid she is?

Old 02-08-2017, 09:00 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
didn't read the whole thread but has anyone mentioned how stupid she is?
Many times. It seems that her supporters don't care.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:01 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Is it because she is an accomplished conservative woman?

Oh well, another loss for the left!
They just HATE in general and have their hearts set on being against EVERYTHING Trump brings forward.
Certainly you have seen how a toddler going through their "terrible twos" act and throwing a temper tantrum because they didn't get what they wanted, same thing.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:01 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
She got the nomination because she donated money. She was confirmed because the GOP is using Trump to make get their platform.

If you didn't already know the answer to this question, you haven't been paying attention to anything.
Basically, she bought this position. So much for draining the swamp. Cabinet positions are available to the highest bidders in the Trump Administration. How is this any different than what Trump campaigned against for 18 months?

Old 02-08-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Basically, she bought this position. So much for draining the swamp. Cabinet positions are available to the highest bidders in the Trump Administration. How is this any different than what Trump campaigned against for 18 months?
It isn't. It is also the very thing everyone who didn't vote for him said he would do. The naïve people who bought his lies still think he is "draining the swamp", even with all of this crap going on. It just shows that Low IQ voters won this election for Trump.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:06 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Exactly!

Now, I obviously didn't move to get my son into the school we wanted him to go to, but we didn't need to. Had we not been able to get him into it, we would have sacrificed our house that we love (larger house on almost an acre that backs up to a huge open field. Very peaceful) and moved into the district. If something falls through and they suddenly tell us that he can't go, we will move to the district. It costs a lot more, and we would have to get either an apartment or smaller house with smaller yard. Point is, we would do it. A lot of people aren't willing to sacrifice, like Bronx Mom.
Yup. My husband and I sacrificed having a big house and luxury cars choosing instead to live in a small house and drive economic friendly cars so that our children can go to a top notch public school. I do not regret our decision at all. If all goes well, in a few years, maybe we can upgrade our house. I really want a fireplace! If not, at least we gave our children what we believe is the best head start to their education.

Old 02-08-2017, 09:09 AM

4,136 posts, read 2,839,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
You are correct. There are almost always "affordable" places in good school districts. However, you need to sacrifice. I belong to a facebook group for NY (Westchester and Bronx Mothers) and this was a recent exchange (Westchester had GREAT schools, Bronx not so much)

Bronx Mom: I am only zoned for bad schools. Yet the rich kids in Westchester get all the good schools. Guess that's why the rich get richer and the poor stay poor.

Next post....

Same Bronx Mom: Hey Mama's I am shopping for a new car any mama's have either the Acura SUV or Lexus SUV?? Pro's Cons of each?? SO CONFLICTED!

Priorities!!!!!! This same mother can save the 500 bucks on her luxury car payment and put that towards the additional rent to move to Westchester. Bam! School problem solved.
Or even the Riverdale area of the BX where the schools are pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies