Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 10:15 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Read the post.
Get back to us when you are ready for your exam. I'm going to ask you how many schools are involved in the conversation. I may even ask you where the school is.

But I don't think you'll pass.
What are we discussing here.... that the VAST majority of schools don't need guns readily available against dangerous wildlife?

Why would she even agree..... most kids don't live in a rural setting..... like a vast majority....

Old 02-07-2017, 10:44 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Is it because she is an accomplished conservative woman?

Oh well, another loss for the left!
How do you define accompiished? Being born into money?

Old 02-07-2017, 10:46 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The teacher's union that donates 400 million to Democrat Presidential contests alone. Why would leftists object.
Got some numbers to back this one up?

Old 02-07-2017, 10:52 PM

32,073 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The teacher's union that donates 400 million to Democrat Presidential contests alone. Why would leftists object.
There are many repubican teachers, including some in my family who think she is unqualified. Why do you make this about unions. Why don't you actually read what they think about her and how they feel she is unqualified. My republican sister who is a special ed teacher is scared to death what will happen under Devos.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:54 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Is it because she is an accomplished conservative woman?

Oh well, another loss for the left!
nah - there is nothing ro suggest she's accomplished -- accept for being born rich.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:01 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Fear is she won't work hard enough to improve the public schools because she never attended a public school herself, and didn't send her kids to public schools. She also supports school vouchers that could take money from public school.

Legitimate concerns IMO.

"Take money from"?

Won't parents run straight down to their local public school as soon as they get their vouchers to make sure their kids don't miss their chance to attend the wildly superior public schools?

Old 02-07-2017, 11:27 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
Call me crazy, but I think the head of a department should have some experience related to the job.

A few of Trump's picks are people clearly who are in way over their head. Which is fitting considering the President is a tool that was elected by rubes in fly over country.

It's scary when you realize Mike Pence is the only person with a brain in the administration.

Stuff like this is why I do not consider red states to be American.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Call me crazy, but I think the head of a department should have some experience related to the job.

A few of Trump's picks are people clearly who are in way over their head. Which is fitting considering the President is a tool that was elected by rubes in fly over country.

It's scary when you realize Mike Pence is the only person with a brain in the administration.

Stuff like this is why I do not consider red states to be American.
I don't even like Mike Pence and I'm ready for him to take over now.

This whole administration is like a gigantic clown car.

Just when you think there's not another doofus in there, one pops out.

So, Mike, if you're reading this... know that I think you suck for confirming DeVos, but know that we realize you had to do that so her Blackwater BIL wouldn't have you killed.

Go ahead, take over the government now. You and (cringe) Paul Ryan.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
way to cherry pick one metric.

Here's a bunch more...

West Michigan Aviation Academy in Grand Rapids, MI | Test Scores | US News Best High Schools

Seems to be a pretty good school.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
it's one of many....if there's no curriculum or it solely consist of learning to count to ten and recite the pledge of allegiance, does that really make graduation anything special? Considering the school can cherry pick students it shouldn't fall in the bottom third of all metrics and should graduate more handily, not just barely....

The student body is overrepresented with poor, black and Latino students and scores above the state average on exit exams.

What else were you looking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies