Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 02:21 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
The only people who care (fake care) are the moronic liberals who can't afford her stuff in the first place.

Equally moronic are the liberals who are too damned stupid to realize that 99.99% of this crap starts with them.

Honestly, they are like horribly bratty little freaking kids that think if they scream long enough, they'll get their way.

Just another reason why sane folks are turning off mainstream media. Nobody gives a rip about Ivanka's clothes, and nobody give a rip about some idiotic designer named Wu who designed Moochelle's clothes, either.
I can assure we don't care about Ivanka's clothes. You do realize this isn't about her clothes, yes?

It is about an ethics and conflict of interest violation by the POTUS and his staff! It could have been about a pizza place down the road that his cousin owns...it wouldn't matter. He cannot do this!

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-09-2017 at 02:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 02:24 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Kellyanne shouldn't have said anything about Ivanka's business dealings, but I don't think her error was anything more than ignorance of the rules. People forget that these people in Trump's administration are not decades long politicians, which is why they were elected, have been in the job less than 30 days, are likely working 16 or more hour days to learn what they need to know to do their jobs according to the rules. There is massive amount to learn. Minor mistakes and misspeaking will happen. They are human. Picking on minor things makes the media and the critics look petty at best and rabidly partisan at worst, in my opinion.
How many "minor mistakes" or "misspeakings" will you tolerate before you say "hey...wait a second!" and realize the more likely scenario is that you're being lied to and manipulated.

I'm willing to give people the benefit of the doubt, too - but when you see consistent pattern of "misspeakings" (I mean, we're 3 weeks in, and I have a hard time keeping track), one has to suspect that there is something else at play.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:24 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Kellyanne shouldn't have said anything about Ivanka's business dealings, but I don't think her error was anything more than ignorance of the rules. People forget that these people in Trump's administration are not decades long politicians, which is why they were elected, have been in the job less than 30 days, are likely working 16 or more hour days to learn what they need to know to do their jobs according to the rules. There is massive amount to learn. Minor mistakes and misspeaking will happen. They are human. Picking on minor things makes the media and the critics look petty at best and rabidly partisan at worst, in my opinion.
I agree with you to a certain degree, although I wouldn't say it is just a minor mistake.

Time and time again we have seen politicians act very differently during campaigns than during the governing period. Whether it’s outright lying and promising the moon, walking away from past statements, or some other level of deception, candidates are different from elected officials. I am realistic enough to know that Trump is a different "politician", you really have to take the good and the bad. Trump is a package deal and you cannot really say he is not consistent. LOL You get what you see.

I don't believe he and Conway or his family should waste their time on this garbage, but I don't think picking your battle is their thing. It looks like every battle is a battle to them.

Conway is a brilliant PR person, but I think she should consider moving on. She is really not helping Trump at this moment.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:28 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Since when is ignorance of the rules a valid excuse when one chooses to play the game?
I think a learning curve is normal with such a huge job. If the errors continue, that would be grounds for criticism. With less than 30 days on a new job with much to learn by protocol and rules in government, the benefit of the doubt seems reasonable.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:29 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I don't agree with your premise but you're right I think Trump does do a lot of testing he's a master tactician and that's why the economy is going to do very well under him.
And, hopefully, he'll create some jobs to give some people something to do other than sit in front of the TV or computer screen............

My thought is "So what", it isn't like she endangered national security.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:33 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This time.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:35 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Kellyanne Conartist has been a political "person" since at least the 90s. She has been around politics and government people for her entire career. While she may have never been a federal employee, she *knows* the ethics rules. She's not some 'outsider' hired out of some corporation.

Not only that, all of Trump's people should have had ethics briefings before they took their jobs. I believe most levels of federal service are required to take annual ethics training on top of that. There is no ignorance on the rules. She just can't help herself.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:36 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
And, hopefully, he'll create some jobs to give some people something to do other than sit in front of the TV or computer screen............

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
This time.
If it wasn't Fox and Friends I'd consider it to be more of a big deal I mean it's almost the same as being on Rachel Ray or something.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:40 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
If it wasn't Fox and Friends I'd consider it to be more of a big deal I mean it's almost the same as being on Rachel Ray or something.
Apparently a lot of people disagree with you as the OGE got so many hits on their website over this that it was down for hours. I was able to get through on their phone line though.

Not just Conway, but Don, Don jr, and Melania all got in on this. They're all grifters.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:40 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
I think a learning curve is normal with such a huge job. If the errors continue, that would be grounds for criticism. With less than 30 days on a new job with much to learn by protocol and rules in government, the benefit of the doubt seems reasonable.

I would agree but Trump seems to think he is already a pro here....look at the details of his recent call with his buddy Vlad...refused NSC briefing then crapped on a nuclear arms reduction deal that is cornerstone to non-proliferation....it's dangerous to wing-it as POTUS...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies