Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 11:22 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Well, those two stores were already dead anyway.
They were speculating that they would go belly up after the holiday earnings were released. They could have kept their moths shut; but now they just ticked off half their customers. When you figure that they lost out big time to Amazon; they did not have that many customers to loose!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 11:25 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Around Christmas I told my accountant we should buy some Sears stock. I said "How much worse can it get?"

He told me to stick to my day job.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:28 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,899,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Well there goes the last demo still shopping at Kmart.

Lol, yes.

Sears and Kmart, everything what not to do in retail. What's more gasoline on fire?

Old 02-11-2017, 11:37 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,257,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Lol, yes.

Sears and Kmart, everything what not to do in retail. What's more gasoline on fire?

What a joke -- they were beaten by Costco, Wal Mart, Target, Amazon, etc. These companies were innovating, finding better and cheaper ways of doing things, while Sears - with a big head start, mind you, sat around for the past 30 years doing nothing. Sears deserves to be deader than Elvis!!

Old 02-11-2017, 11:38 AM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Love Sears appliances etc- I hate sears citibank-- AH but YEY!! good for you sears-

Old 02-11-2017, 11:41 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I am probably the last, loyal Kmart and Sears shopper and go out of my way to do so. I like KMart's casual clothing very much and buy consistently with the season.

Sears, Kmart Are Latest Retailers Reportedly to Drop Trump Merchandise | Fox News Insider

The list of retailers severing ties with merchandise relating to the Trump family continues to grow, according to a Business Insider report.
The report says there are no longer any traces of the Trump Home line on the websites of Sears and Kmart.
Searches for Trump Home items yielded no results, except from third-party sellers, according to the report....snipped....

edited to add: I may get some blowback on KMART & SEARS, for gosh sakes.......! LOL. It's okay.
So much for promoting his "brand" which was why the reality TV birther-in-chief ran for office in the first place. Although, it will not affect the wheeling and dealing that will ensue for as long as he gets to remain on office as his plethora of conflicts of interest will be money machines.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:41 AM

113 posts, read 56,903 times
Well. I'll tell you this....I have a friend who was retired out early in Oil in Gas in Texas.....widowed about six months later and got a job at Nordstroms...she told me she was busy doing returns yesterday by people who were returning their purchases to the company based on their stance against Ivanka Trump...almost all of the patrons were female, and many were self proclaimed Dems. Works in the Dallas Area. She was kinda amazed with the feedback.

Probably a good idea for retail businesses to stay out of MSM with their politics. Nordstroms is headquartered in a very liberal area, and will play the local political favor card. If the line was doing poorly, you just rotate the merchandise out.That method is par and parcel of all retail. Nordstroms later came out and suggested this is the case. Whether this announcement was based on truth, or as an attempt to save face after some push-back, one can only speculate.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:10 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,141,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Good for these businesses....regardless of whether they dropped items because of their lack of appeal or because the retailer fears lost sales from sane customers. It's a win for democracy. The fact that our fat-a$$ed Emperor Has No Clothes, is becoming more and more apparent. Well, other than to the trumpholes who fell for his crap and voted for the Idiot.
And the reason so many of us "trumpholes" voted for the man is because of folks like you. Go figure?

Old 02-11-2017, 12:15 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,628,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
They sold Trump products. Stores die when they try to sell products no one wants.
Just like KMart did with the Martha Stewart line, that went on to other stores and did okay.

Of course we all knew KMart was owned by Sears, to the poster who didn't know.

KMart has a good line of items in their stores. Better quality than WalMart. I know, as I am a comparision shopper and, I took the time. Sears still had good items. I bought a TV there that was a great bargain and we have been very happy with. This was after about a week of reading, talking to people, comparing prices, cruising the different stores. Sears was the best, offered the best selection, hands down. I was skeptical but, it worked for us. I had had not so good products from Sears. Bought a washer/dryer set, new, 30 years ago that started rusting out within 2 years. Have one fridge in my house that has been running for approx. 25 years, with one service call. Icemaker still works. Granted I have kept the coils cleaned, somewhat, over the years.

WalMart and others will probably go the same way. It is just a cycle. I am amused and sometimes disgusted with the people that get all sanctimonious about Sears and KMart and yet will go down and buy at WalMart, Dollar Store or the Dollar Generals/Family Dollar, just for "certain items", of course.

Montgomery Wards is gone, J.C. Penny's is barely hanging on, Zayre's, Woolworth's, Bloomingdales's, Macy's, barely, The Gap, Radio Shack.....Gone or going, some, once venerable stalwarts and/or giants in the retail world. But people are like sheep, follow the leader with the tinkely bell.......lol. KMart....? ewwwww, because it's not "cool".

I will miss Sears and KMart if the last one's go. But I am 73 or 74, I can't remember.....<s>, so, it may not matter. And, I resent the attacks on President Trump and his family. I do not want to be in a world that is this ugly and hateful on a daily basis.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:20 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,907,200 times
Of course, Ivanka's clothing is made in China, so it is a problem for those who want US made clothing. Trump's own line of clothing is also not made in the US. How about they bring back these jobs first before they go after other manufacturers.

It is selling on eBay at bargain prices though. Maybe her prices were simply too high for most of us.

The Donald's line has been dropped from Macy's as well.

Why we dropped Trump's menswear line: Macy's CEO

Quote:
Macy's (m, -1.17%) CEO Terry Lundgren on Thursday stood by his decision last year to drop president-elect Donald Trump's clothing line from the department store chain.

In the summer of 2015, Macy's stopped selling Trump's line of menswear after the real-estate-developer-turned-Republican-candidate said many Mexican immigrants were rapists or murderers. Despite Trump's victory on Tuesday and upcoming ascent to the most powerful job in the world, Lundgren said he has no regrets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies