Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2017, 02:32 PM

51,661 posts, read 25,900,536 times

Advertisements

Life is like playing Monopoly to Trump. Money is how you keep score. I has no value other than that.

He inherited millions and borrowed billions more. If his businesses go belly up, so what? There's more where that came from.

That's how he can stiff contractors and "renegotiate" loans (i.e. borrow millions, pay back thousands). That's how he can yammer about spending $50+ billions on the military.

It's all a game.

When American banks and investors wouldn't loan him any more for his grand schemes, he borrowed money from the Russians.

Now it's pay back time.

His staff advocated and achieved changing the Republican platform to back off from standing by the Ukraine. How would this benefit U.S. national security?

Doesn't.

That's why flying to Mar-a-Lago and chumming around with those who have paid $200K/year to rub elbows with him makes no difference to the man.

It's other people's money.

Like it always has been.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:32 PM

50,408 posts, read 64,151,599 times
What is the difference where he goes on weekends? The only thing the Dems care about is obstructing, because it is all they have. If they weren't complaining about this, it would be something else.

Since when do the Dems care in the slightest about wasting taxpayer money? They don't.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:33 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,388,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
It's also apparently detrimental to local businesses.

Trump's Frequent Visits Disrupt Palm Beach Life And Businesses : NPR
A few small business will probably have to close because of him and Melania.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
From my understanding, the same problem is occurring due to his wife and child remaining in NYC. They need to either move to the WH or not be provided with protection and allow Trump to hire private security for them.

More wasted money.
It's only projected to cost over 180 million to protect Melania for the year.

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He's housing the security detail and all the staff he lugs along with him for free, then?

You got the bill from Trump to show us? It would be open records... You best do some investigative research before you look like more of a fool.
The man would not do what you would do. He is honest and isn't thinking of milking the tax payer.

14,268 posts, read 18,965,351 times
Here's my analysis.

President Trump not only enjoys his weekends in sunny Florida (so would I) he also enjoys being around the top 1%. Just look at his Cabinet. Although there are a lot of wealthy people living in Washington, he chose billionaires and millionaires for a reason, and it certainly wasn't based on their extensive experience.

Also, when he is in the White House, although he's still the POTUS, he is one of many government officials. People in Washington D.C., especially those who work for the Federal Government, get used to seeing top government officials, including the POTUS. It's part of everyday life there. But when Trump is in Florida, his fan base still gathers for a glimpse and he is the center of attention in every situation.

Remember when he and his top aides were responding to North Korea’s missile test one Saturday evening? He was in full view of guests having dinner. They even took out their phones and began snapping photos and posting them on Facebook while he chatted with the Japanese PM.

Then he flew back to FL the very next week for the rally in Melbourne where he could hear the cheers of his supporters before heading back to Mar-a-Lago again.

So maybe it's because he prefers living in a luxurious resort and playing golf, but I also think he loves all the attention he gets when he travels. He was always wealthy, but now he has his own entourage.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He's housing the security detail and all the staff he lugs along with him for free, then?
No. We're paying for their digs at Mar-a-Lago.

Plus, he gets all the free publicity every time the name is mentioned.

I think it's tacky for the POTUS to be running an inn on the side.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:34 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,896,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
You don't think jetting down to Florida from D.C. every weekend, ON YOUR DIME, isn't adding up?
Trump is mandated to use AF 1 and on political trips he has to pay for it. The SS will not allow him to take Trump ! down to Florida. HOWEVER, he is trying to change that rule.

On State business the tax payer picks up the bill.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
What is the difference where he goes on weekends? The only thing the Dems care about is obstructing, because it is all they have. If they weren't complaining about this, it would be something else.

Since when do the Dems care in the slightest about wasting taxpayer money? They don't.
Bull****.

Every Democratic president has left the nation in either slightly better or much better economic condition than they found it.

The last Republican president to so was Eisenhower.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,719,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Here's my analysis.

President Trump not only enjoys his weekends in sunny Florida (so would I) he also enjoys being around the top 1%. Just look at his Cabinet. Although there are a lot of wealthy people living in Washington, he chose billionaires and millionaires for a reason, and it certainly wasn't based on their extensive experience.

Also, when he is in the White House, although he's still the POTUS, he is one of many government officials. People in Washington D.C., especially those who work for the Federal Government, get used to seeing top government officials, including the POTUS. It's part of everyday life there. But when Trump is in Florida, his fan base still gathers for a glimpse and he is the center of attention in every situation.

Remember when he and his top aides were responding to North Korea’s missile test one Saturday evening? He was in full view of guests having dinner. They even took out their phones and began snapping photos and posting them on Facebook.

Then he flew back to FL the very next week for the rally in Melbourne where he could hear the cheers of his supporters.

So maybe it's because he prefers living in a luxurious resort, but I think he loves all the attention he gets when he travels. He was always wealthy, but now he has his own entourage.

Tell us all what Hillary is doing today and what would she be doing today had she been elected?
I believe "The Donald" has it handled way better than Hillary would have to this point. We would be digging holes and lining them with cement and lead, to crawl into, as we po'ed Russia.

Old 03-03-2017, 02:39 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,795,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Trump is mandated to use AF 1 and on political trips he has to pay for it. The SS will not allow him to take Trump ! down to Florida. HOWEVER, he is trying to change that rule.

On State business the tax payer picks up the bill.
What are you talking about? Trump doesn't pay for Secret Service or AF 1. I'm sure you have evidence of that? Secret Service has to travel with the president and his family at all times. They are paid by tax-payers, not by the person they're protecting. No wonder you guys worship Trump. You lie and fabricate things as much as he does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies