Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2017, 09:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
My "preamble" as you called it were used as qualifiers to show how much I thought your OP was right and spot on.

My saying I don't normally agree with your posts indicated just how much I thought your OP was spot on. My saying I didn't care for Obama was again, a way to indicate how, even though I don't like him just how I'm trying to be unbiased and fair minded I'm being about the mistreatment of him by this accusation. Fair minded people should agree here. There's so far no evidence so don't disrespect the man, the former president with this sorta thing.

Do you see how this works???

Then you come back at me with some grade school level bickering comment when I'm agreeing with you and telling you that basically you're spot on. Man, you must be a real treat at cocktail parties.
Just say that you agree and maybe elaborate on the point.

I don't do the cocktail party circuit.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:34 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,545 times
Trump does NOT have to provide proof. John McCain is full of schiddt, again. This is a common condition for John, the epitomy of "all talk, no action". Arizona deserves better.

Trump has reacted to numerous MSM reports indicating the Obama Administration spied on his campaign, and asked Congress to investigate this.

It's up to Congress now. Either the MSM lied about spying, or Obama Administration factions DID spy ... it's one or the other, or a mixture of both. Both seems likely to me. BTW, when government at any level twists courts to obtain search warrants to investigate rivals it's NOT LAW ENFORCEMENT, it is SPYING.

Hopefully the Congressional inquiry will expose some leakers, who can be fired, prosecuted, and jailed. LEAKERS ARE A CRITICAL PROBLEM AND OBSTRUCTION TO MAGA.

Did the Obama Administration manipulate the FISA court to spy on a political rival or not? It is a FACT they used the court in the recent past to spy on journalists they didn't like. If spying DID NOT OCCUR, then the MSM is guilty of spreading more damn lies about Trump

Old 03-12-2017, 09:41 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Just say that you agree and maybe elaborate on the point.

I don't do the cocktail party circuit.
I'm going to post how I see fit, not how you say I should. Man, you've got a set on ya.

As long as a member isn't violating the TOS no one can tell another poster to do jack.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:43 PM

45,233 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Yes please keep up the infighting and leave us alone

Old 03-12-2017, 09:55 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,639,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
His penalty for posting falsehoods would be the same as yours for posting falsehoods.
silly silly silly. POTUS is under oath every second....posters here are not.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:57 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,981 times
If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.

^^ same punnishnent for that lie. Aka a 2nd term.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:57 PM

23,632 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think this one is different because it is such a serious charge.

The guy in the WH accused the last POTUS of 'wiretapping' him and called him "sick and bad," based on some nutjob radio hosts.

He basically accused him of a felony. Trump opened a can of worms he probably will regret. Obama had no power to order a wiretap. Trump probably thought there would be a quiet private investigation into this and if there was nothing there--people would have forgotten about it in a few months. But this will be public and loud. Trump is not going to like it.

If there are in fact FISA warrants (a term that the alt-right tosses around so casually that there have been posts on the board about "Fiser warrants"), information may come to light that Trump would prefer not. Evidence could lead to the subpoena of his tax returns if there are financial entanglements with other countries.

Trump had probably never heard of a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant when he made those tweets.

In addition, how strange is it that Trump tweeted these accusations out after it being raged about on alt-right media, and then went on to tweet about a celebrity's tv ratings. If a president read classified information that the former president had "wiretapped" him, wouldn't he immediately be on the phone with the DOJ attempting to get more information, rather than tweeting out stupid accusations to the entire world?

If it turns out that Trump tweeted a lie in anger due to alt right media (as it is looking), then he will most definitely owe Obama an apology, and there will be many Americans demanding it.

If he did not apologize and admit he was in error, he would not only look like an idiot, but nobody will ever believe anything he has to say. Though there are many who already do not believe him, there will be many many more.
Read the FISA statutes. The president does have the authority to order wiretaps. Tho the president can't order or get a FISA warrant, instead the president can bypass the FISA court and order it through the AG.

Listen carefully to those who are in Obama's pockets, they carefully choose their words when talking about it. For example, saying that Obama didn't do it because he can't legally get a FISA warrant. They are right about that, but, they are willfully misleading people since Obama could have ordered a wiretap without going through the FISA court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I would hope President Obama would seek legal counsel and perhaps file a defamation lawsuit (you know Trump would if the tables were turned) but I doubt Pres. Obama would waste his time and energy on someone so laughably ignorant as Trump.
Mmm, yeah, that's why Obama had started the 'Resist Trump' movement, to overthrow Trump. He and Hillary have recently been robocalling people begging for donations for that movement.

Last edited by berdee; 03-12-2017 at 10:08 PM..

Old 03-12-2017, 10:00 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
silly silly silly. POTUS is under oath every second....posters here are not.
What the??? When did that happen? I don't recall words anything like that said when Trump recited his Oath of Office. Did Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon or any President before them swear that they were under oath at all times because they were POTUS?

Wow... just WOW.

Old 03-12-2017, 10:02 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, But there is.

"One of the most interesting disclosures concerns how the CIA can cover its tracks by leaving electronic trails suggesting the hacking is being done in different places — notably, in Russia. In fact, according to WikiLeaks, there’s an entire department dedicated to this. Its job is to “misdirect attribution” by leaving false fingerprints."

WikiLeaks’ CIA dump makes the Russian hacking story even murkier — if that’s possible - Salon.com

Believe everything the CIA tells you?

Old 03-12-2017, 10:05 PM

25,579 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
If It's Proven His Tweets Were Lies...What's The Proper Punishment? ....
Let's show him who boss around here. Let's unfollow him! We'll just turn off those nasty ol' Tweets and never read them again..

You go first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies