Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 01:24 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...considering where this happened to him (not in "the hood" as he'd have people believe would be more likely according to his own book), maybe he should reconsider his book's ostensible premise. Hahahahahahaaaaa!

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy!
Dear sane liberals: This is the type of response that does you all no favors. You all claim that "these people' are not "real liberals"? You all claim that "these people" do not speak for you, and are not part of your party? This kind of reponse does not make anyone believe for a second that "these people" on the fringe, who cause violence and riots, are not part of your party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 01:31 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
LWNJs are the first amendment's greatest enemy.

After swarming Murray and two school officials, the protesters shouted profanities, shoved members of the group and then blocked them from getting to a vehicle in a nearby parking lot. Witnesses said the confrontation was aggressive, intimidating and unpredictable and felt like it was edging frighteningly close to outright violence.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/g...=.eba43201ae9e

Conservatives like to say very stupid things and then claim their First Amendment is violated when other people called them out on it.

Look, the First Amendment doesn't mean you have the entire podium to yourself, capiche?!!

Other people also have First Amendment rights to talk back to you. I'm sorry but the First extends to everyone, not just you.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:54 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Conservatives like to say very stupid things and then claim their First Amendment is violated when other people called them out on it.

Look, the First Amendment doesn't mean you have the entire podium to yourself, capiche?!!

Other people also have First Amendment rights to talk back to you. I'm sorry but the First extends to everyone, not just you.
blah, blah, blah. your post makes no sense.

Gee, I could "ask" to share the podium, or I could start a riot & blow up the podium. The SJW handbook says I should go with Option 2.

I still say take the Federal Money away....NOW. The Mommy &/or Daddy of little these little Junior Facists won't be ponying up 60-80K per year.

Are you listening Trump? This wasn't a talking point in the election because this behavior (SJW strategy) didn't really blow up until now. Put these Universities that don't respect the Constitution on a special List NOW. Not one Federal tax Dollar to them....make an example of them. Pull the funding NOW...March 4th.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:58 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Other people also have First Amendment rights to talk back to you.
I know of no conservative or believer in classical liberal values who would deny this as written. But apparently "talking back" means rioting and causing the former's speech to not be heard by those who want to hear it (who by the way are a small minority on campus).

Free speech? Then let it be. Why do you feel the need to defend this?

If the other ideas are so wrong, LET THEM COME OUT, LET THEM INTO THE LIGHT. If your ideas are so strong, OPEN THEM TO QUESTION AND CRITICISM AND OPPOSITION.

This is part of why I've been talking about the Regressive Left so much over the past two years. This is highly ILLIBERAL and cancerous. And now it's blowing up.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Dear sane liberals: This is the type of response that does you all no favors. You all claim that "these people' are not "real liberals"? You all claim that "these people" do not speak for you, and are not part of your party? This kind of reponse does not make anyone believe for a second that "these people" on the fringe, who cause violence and riots, are not part of your party.
Oh, I'm VERY much a part of the liberal movement.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:41 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,946,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh, I'm VERY much a part of the liberal movement.
LOL..... please explain how liberal are you really? Hint...not liking white people or Trump doesn't make you liberal.

Old 03-04-2017, 04:46 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
This doesn't violate an Amendment. While they shouldn't riot their not breaking any amendments at all.

Old 03-04-2017, 04:55 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
This was of course wrong, the college was unprepared for the level of resistance. He is a white supremacist but he was addressing his book regarding the demise of white middle class in the last 50 years. A conservative group invited him, there were some outside agitators mixed with some students but they that were over the top. They should sit back and listen to his points, being a college they should be open to other people's views. This was an embarrassment to the university.

Old 03-04-2017, 05:29 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...nst-guest-talk

According to the AP: The college says Murray and [Middlebury College] professor Allison Stanger were surrounded by a group of protesters and a protester pulled Stanger's hair, twisting her neck. It says the group climbed onto the hood of their car and threw a traffic sign in front of it. Public safety officials cleared a path for the car to leave.

Stanger was treated at a hospital and released.

Someone called Murray a white supremacist. I disagree. Murray's most important book was Losing Ground (1984). Losing Ground showed the US welfare system failed to help people in poverty. His research was a foundation of Bill Clinton's welfare reform in 1996. https://www.manhattan-institute.org/losingground

I keep hearing that Trump supporters are supposedly violent and hate free speech, but all I actually have seen are the numerous, despicable violent acts and shutting down of free speech by the Leftist thugs.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 03-04-2017 at 05:40 PM..

Old 03-04-2017, 07:22 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Default Milo or Murray, it doesn't matter to the anti-intellectual left

Although Milo Yiannopoulos made sound arguments in his college lectures, his primary role was as a provocateur rather than an idea man. Essentially he was trolling people and trying to get a rise out of them. By contrast, Charles Murray is the epitome of an intellectual, a guy with impeccable credentials who has made a long career researching, writing and lecturing about the big issues of society. But as can be seen here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6EASuhefeI

...the tone of the presenter and quality of argument matter not at all to current college students. They will throw a tantrum rather than sit and listen, or allow others to listen, to any speaker who challenges their views.

Quote:
Controversial author and scholar Charles Murray and a Middlebury College professor were attacked by an angry mob Thursday night as they left a campus building following an attempt at a lecture.
Professor Allison Stanger's neck was injured when someone pulled her hair as she tried to shield Murray from 20 to 30 violent agitators who attacked the pair outside the McCullough Student Center at Vermont’s traditionally liberal Middlebury College.
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/03...res-professor/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies