Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 07:33 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,446,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Although Milo Yiannopoulos made sound arguments in his college lectures, his primary role was as a provocateur rather than an idea man. Essentially he was trolling people and trying to get a rise out of them. By contrast, Charles Murray is the epitome of an intellectual, a guy with impeccable credentials who has made a long career researching, writing and lecturing about the big issues of society. But as can be seen here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6EASuhefeI

...the tone of the presenter and quality of argument matter not at all to current college students. They will throw a tantrum rather than sit and listen, or allow others to listen, to any speaker who challenges their views.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/03...res-professor/

I guess that's why they call him "controversial"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2017, 07:41 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I guess that's why they call him "controversial"

https://twitter.com/Steve_Sailer/sta...04807609339904

Old 03-04-2017, 08:50 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,568,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
They will throw a tantrum rather than sit and listen, or allow others to listen, to any speaker who challenges their views.
Like many Republicans I know as well. Nobody wants to listen to somebody who doesn't share their already formed opinion anymore.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:54 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Like many Republicans I know as well. Nobody wants to listen to somebody who doesn't share their already formed opinion anymore.
Funny, I don't hear much about Republicans going to lectures just to shout down and/or assault the speaker.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:00 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
More free publicity thanks to goofy leftists

Old 03-04-2017, 10:00 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,237,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
blah, blah, blah. your post makes no sense.

Gee, I could "ask" to share the podium, or I could start a riot & blow up the podium. The SJW handbook says I should go with Option 2.

I still say take the Federal Money away....NOW. The Mommy &/or Daddy of little these little Junior Facists won't be ponying up 60-80K per year.

Are you listening Trump? This wasn't a talking point in the election because this behavior (SJW strategy) didn't really blow up until now. Put these Universities that don't respect the Constitution on a special List NOW. Not one Federal tax Dollar to them....make an example of them. Pull the funding NOW...March 4th.

If you really want to get things done, skip Trump and go straight to his boss.... Vlad Putin.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:04 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,237,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I know of no conservative or believer in classical liberal values who would deny this as written. But apparently "talking back" means rioting and causing the former's speech to not be heard by those who want to hear it (who by the way are a small minority on campus).

Free speech? Then let it be. Why do you feel the need to defend this?

If the other ideas are so wrong, LET THEM COME OUT, LET THEM INTO THE LIGHT. If your ideas are so strong, OPEN THEM TO QUESTION AND CRITICISM AND OPPOSITION.

The ideas have gone out and are in the light, why do you think people are so pissed????!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
This is part of why I've been talking about the Regressive Left so much over the past two years. This is highly ILLIBERAL and cancerous. And now it's blowing up.
Sorry, the liberals will continue to shoot down stupid ideas and correct fake news.

If you right-wingers are looking for an easier way to spread your lies and stupid thoughts, you are sadly mistakened.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:05 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Murray should not have been shouted down. But I will note that his credentials are not universally acknowledged to be impeccable.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:10 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,142,781 times
The violent left is eventually going to need put down.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
LWNJs are the first amendment's greatest enemy.

After swarming Murray and two school officials, the protesters shouted profanities, shoved members of the group and then blocked them from getting to a vehicle in a nearby parking lot. Witnesses said the confrontation was aggressive, intimidating and unpredictable and felt like it was edging frighteningly close to outright violence.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/g...=.eba43201ae9e
That is "outright violence".

Shoving and blocking movement are clear violations of the non-aggression principle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies