Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 05:02 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

According to Websters, the defacto standard of American English, slaves were indeed immigrants.

Carson's statement is 100% correct.

Why is it an issue now? Because Carson is a Black Republican and the Democrats are desperate to keep the race card. So they will jump over any chance to make Carson look like an Uncle Tom. There's no more to today's false outrage than that.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:09 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
According to Websters, the defacto standard of American English, slaves were indeed immigrants.

Why is it an issue now? Because Carson is a Black Republican and the Democrats are desperate to keep the race card. So they will jump over any chance to make Carson look like an Uncle Tom. There's no more to today's false outrage than that.
Here's link to your so-called source. NO MENTION OF IMMIGRANT IN WEBSTERS DEFINITION OF SLAVE.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slave

Old 03-07-2017, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Here's link to your so-called source. NO MENTION OF IMMIGRANT IN WEBSTERS DEFINITION OF SLAVE.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slave
How silly.

NO MENTION OF HUMAN IN WEBSTERS DEFINITION OF SLAVE.

Yet we know the slaves were human.

Go read the definition of either human or immigrant. The American slaves met both criteria.

Carson was 100% correct.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:14 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,591 times
English is not my first language, even not the second.
My question is, can you say that a minor who was brought by his parents to USA against his will, is an immigrant?

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
He is a great Doctor and Surgeon,but he is an idiot.
original thinker runs afoul of the hysterical social justice minds set in concrete.

no wonder books and people were burned, prose and poetry still go misunderstoood.

case to legalize weed, give it to the hysterical protesting dems. clearly their security is being threatened when words and language fail to follow the expected scripted responses. Their world comes crashing in, which causes them to flail and scream.

2,768 posts, read 1,583,987 times
Quote:

Absolutely correct.

Another faux outrage.

You'd need to be purposely obtuse or simply stupid to believe that Carson is unaware of the plight of slaves and or that they were brought here against their will and if born here during slave times were kept against their will.

In any event, slaves were immigrants, despite the fact that they were forced to emigrate. It is a definition thing. I guess some just don't understand!

While little should shock me anymore, it still astounds that so many liberals want to play Humpty Dumpty with definitions.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:15 AM

Quote:
How silly.

NO MENTION OF HUMAN IN WEBSTERS DEFINITION OF SLAVE.

Yet we know the slaves were human.

Go read the definition of either human or immigrant. The American slaves met both criteria.

Carson was 100% correct.
Kuddos for admitting your first post on Websters definition was inaccurate. Muchas gracias!

Old 03-07-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Kuddos for admitting your first post on Websters definition was inaccurate. Muchas gracias!
Nope. I was 100% accurate.

You were the one who was wrong with your fallacious attempt at argument.

Carson was 100% correct to refer to slaves as immigrants as defined by Websters.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Absolutely correct.

Another faux outrage.

You'd need to be purposely obtuse or simply stupid to believe that Carson is unaware of the plight of slaves and or that they were brought here against their will and if born here during slave times were kept against their will.

In any event, slaves were immigrants, despite the fact that they were forced to emigrate. It is a definition thing. I guess some just don't understand!

While little should shock me anymore, it still astounds that so many liberals want to play Humpty Dumpty with definitions.
Nice analogy.

Yes it does amaze me that we are in the 21st century with easy access to all the information in the world, as to what passes for logical argument.

Old 03-07-2017, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Nope. I was 100% accurate.

You were the one who was wrong with your fallacious attempt at argument.

Carson was 100% correct to refer to slaves as immigrants as defined by Websters.
No where in Websters do they define a slave as an immigrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies