Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2017, 05:44 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,676,471 times

Advertisements

What's it called? Trumpdon'tcare?

Old 03-06-2017, 05:45 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,127,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I hope a lot of Republicans lose their health care coverage. Trump's their president, they have to smile and say thank you sir may I have another?
This is a disaster in the making and nowhere close to a reform.... if passed, this is a effectively a noose around the Republicans neck. So long 2018 elections!

Waiting for the Trump supporters to come out in droves to protest ....

Last edited by kimchee; 03-06-2017 at 07:03 PM..

Old 03-06-2017, 05:45 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,768,529 times
Quote:
I always paid for my own health coverage, now and before. As a Democrat, I have always wanted health care for all. I also know Obama was the first president to really go through the gauntlet. Now that Trump is elected, I really don't care if the country loses their health coverage, I didn't get anything before and I don't get anything now. I am very much looking forward to Paul Ryan "reforming" Medicare. That's going to be poetic to watch. Basically, I want to see the country get so much right wingery their eyes bulge out. Republicans are fully in charge and let them ram full on right wingery with abandon!
Of course people want everyone to have healthcare but you don't write a law, ram it through without debating it and knowing what's in it. Lie to promote and and raid other people's wallets to pay for it, financially hurting them a lot. Then they end up with bad insurance with sky high deductibles on top of the sky high premiums and you think that's a good thing?

Of course, you're being liberal you don't think of such things. You just want the feel good and don't care at who's expense.... YOU want it so it should be.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:46 PM

34,078 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Wow you read the whole bill already? You're fast!

Read several summaries prior to this thread, and also heard him discuss it.

Obamacare was the Hindenburg. Delighted it is in its death spiral.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:46 PM

Oh never forget how you were lied to by Democrats.

Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber said that lack of transparency was a major part of getting Obamacare passed because “the stupidity of the American voter” would have killed the law if more people knew what was in it.

Gruber: Obamacare passed because of the stupidity of Americans voter

Old 03-06-2017, 05:48 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,979,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
How will this lead to lower insurance prices? Health insurance prices were skyrocketing before Obamacare and continued to skyrocket after Obamacare. Without price controls and/or government price negotiation, there's nothing in this plan that will contain the rising cost of healthcare and pharmaceuticals, which is the real issue and for some reason no one is taking about it. The debate is entirely about insurance coverage and not skyrocketing prices and record profits for privately-owned healthcare companies. European countries and Canada step in to help their citizens by forcing the companies to sell their products to their universal healthcare systems at SIGNIFICANTLY lower rates than the privately-owned healthcare companies in America are charging.
I agree with you, that we need to reduce health CARE costs, not just mess around with health INSURANCE issues. I am hoping we see some of that from the GOP too and I will be somewhat disappointed if we don't. On the other hand, IF we manage to reduce the number of people using the ERs (and not paying) which is a big issue right now, there may be ways that at least some of this will happen without other extreme measures - and we may have to wait to see how that all works out on the 'immigration' front.

I don't have access to actually read the bill itself yet so there is 'much more to be revealed' I expect. I hope we will get more clarity soon.

(eta: I am a Trump supporter but if these two stories linked by the OP turn out to be the sum total of this bill I will be on the front lines fighting for better too even though nothing in this bill will probably affect me anyway .. and I expect many Trump supporters will be too .. hang onto your britches, boys .. unlike Obama supporters when the ACA was released and signed into law, you WILL see a lot of opposition if need be from our side too.)

Old 03-06-2017, 05:48 PM

“This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes. If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that.

In terms of risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in — you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed…

Old 03-06-2017, 05:50 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,747,418 times
Quote:
I hope a lot of Republicans lose their health care coverage. Trump's their president, they have to smile and say thank you sir may I have another?
Nope, but all the Republicans that voted to Repeal and Replace will be out of a job in 4 years! LOL!

What they NEED to do is mandate lower healthcare costs in general. Put a cap on what doctors, hospitals and pharmaceutical companies can charge. Force them to lower cost. I just got a bill today for $275. I took my daughter to the doctor last month because she had Strep throat. The doctor visit lasted 10 minutes. They didn't even need to swab her to tell that it was Strep! $275 I was charged for what? Just to get a prescription for antibiotic! ABSOLUTELY terrible! BTW, that bill is with very good insurance!

"Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass… Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”
-- Democrat Johnathan Gruber

21,989 posts, read 15,734,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
This republican lost his health care plan because of obama.
Now every Republican can get or lose their health care because of Trump. I want the country to get so much right wingery it leaks out of their ears. Trump and Republicans own every result. They can Paul Ryan Medicare too, in fact, I look forward to seeing them do it. The look on senior's faces should be pretty funny. Anyway, Trump can dole out bandaids and call it a plan, in fact, he probably will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies