Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 10:05 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,650,772 times

Advertisements

Im surprised america ranked even that high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 10:15 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,832,764 times
Great news! Maybe now people will quit wanting to come here, legally or not.

Wait, that will not happen, people will still risk everything, including their life, to get here.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:24 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I'm sure everyone knows what kind of people don't give a rat's ykw what other people think of them they are the scum of every society!
So, your response is to call me scum??

The bolding and the naughty / angry emoticons really hurt, and drove the point home by the way...

That means that you've excluded yourself from the debate, as you have no reasoned answer, and have thus lost the debate.

Congratulations.

But to put more nails in your ridiculous political coffin:

First, we must ignore that by "everyone", you mean to say only internationalist liberals. That's clear. No nationalists think that it matters what international liberals think of them.

Do American liberals care what nationalists from France or the Netherlands think of them? No? What are you, scum??

See how that works, genius?

I can smell the smoke coming from the rusted and outdated gears in your head from here.

In appealing to internationalists in regard to what should be done in America's interests, you've just pitted yourself against the concept of America. In essence, you calling actual Americans scum.

Good luck with that tack.

However, in analyzing what the world scum implies in social discourse, the evidence points to the opposite direction of your assertion.

Internationalists tend to be advocates of decreasing moral order, not increasing moral order. They wish to break down moral norms so that everyone can be accommodated, rather than excluded when they don't meet those norms. Witness any number of Salon and other liberal rag articles promoting the normalization of pedophilia, gay marriage, transgenderism, the elimination of gender identity as a whole, attacks on marriage and the nuclear family, attacks on Christian norms, etc.

By definition of the decrease in moral order that comes with liberal internationalist ideology, it is strictly you who are the scum.

Sorry, "everyone" generally isn't an-board with internationalist communist mind-frames who promote every source of degeneracy. You are in a shrinking boat of ideology, whether you realize it or not. We know that importing as many welfare queens as possible is your only hope in political salvation, but you didn't do it fast enough and now its being reversed. There is no putting the genie back in the bottle.

Again, repeat after me:

"I'm smarter, better, and more educated..."

As the world collectively retches and successfully vomits up your basket of ideologies.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:27 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Ahhh so you are saying world opinion counts for nothing?
No it doesn't. Most of the world is full of uneducated sheep who are nothing more than useful idiots and fall for whatever propaganda that their governments put out. Including most Americans.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:29 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
Oh Oh Oh....and it has nothing to do with the past 8 years of the Kenyan...I suppose. Being that this man has been in office a couple of months. With the Donkey party throwing roadblocks at him like DUI checkpoint free for all!

Old 03-07-2017, 11:04 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It takes more than one man to tear down a nation and I wonder if we would have been any better off with Hillary.
Yes the world would have given us a pat on the back for electing a woman but the scandals that would have followed her into the oval office were ridiculous.

I have friends and relatives that live in Europe and they think that Trump is a buffoon but their only source of opinion is the corrupt news media. They have never lived in America and have no real sense of what we are about but they sure have their opinions.

As horrible as they think we are I would still much rather live here than anywhere else be it with Trump, or even Hillary running the show because guess what the sun will still come up tomorrow.
The European MSM merely parrots exactly what our own media claims. In many cases amplifying that message and adding the globalist seal of approval to it all.

Obama was the exception with the Euro MSM, they feted him at every available chance. For everything else American, there is a mocking disdain and condescension.

Old 03-07-2017, 11:06 AM

113 posts, read 56,971 times
America has been falling in the polls of best places to live for many years. I believe the significant drop started during Bush 43.

Couple of reasons off the top of my head:

Infant mortality rate , for all the coin we have and medical ability, it is shockingly high for a first world nation.

Our diversity, while helping the USA when the immigrants are educated, motivated and desirous of improving their lives,often becomes the sad fact that many who come here do not contribute enough to carry their own weight in this country. This drags us down. We would be better off, for example,if visa holders came into the US to work for a time, and the returned to their country with their new found skill-set. Start companies and contribute to the improvement of their native country..help raise the living standards and quality of life for their fellow countrymen. This is how one improves the lot in life of their brethren.

The reputation of going around the world, starting military action without just cause. Bush 43 and the Iraq war and the WMD story (face it, the average Master degree chemist can create WMD if they deal with such ingredients) made our government officials look like war hawks who were only interested in pleasing those who they are beholden to, via looking for any reason to start a war to fill the coffers of those who have the "real power" , the globalists, who use the US military for their own means.

The quality of our public education and the high cost of universities....enough said.

We have the reputation of being desirous of controlling what is going on in other nation states, while not really cleaning up our own problems and weaknesses.

It is what it is....

Old 03-07-2017, 11:11 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Ha!

The U.S. Is Still the Number 1 country that Takes the Most Immigrants

https://www.usnews.com/news/slidesho...ost-immigrants

lol

Old 03-07-2017, 11:15 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Ahhh so you are saying world opinion counts for nothing?
It counts for very little in my eyes.

America first.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:40 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,639,218 times
I'm a 100% free market capitalist and reagan conservative....and I think Trump and his followers are an embarrassment. We've got an mentally suspect, obese man-child running our country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies