Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 12:20 PM

6,417 posts, read 4,147,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I think if enough of us pool our money together, we can get this thing started, particularly if we can get some liberals to put their money where their mouth is.

Actually, we don't even need to pay people monthly. Just offering $2000 in exchange for voluntary sterilization would be enough.
I would be more than happy to pay the taxes involved to pay people to not breed out more impoverished people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 12:22 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,954,603 times
Me and the wife are both in our late 50's. Sounds like an easy 4K a month. Let's do it!

Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
How about instead of expecting other people to support their children, use common sense, don't have children you can't support. And don't teach your children that it is ok to have children you can not provide a reasonable standard of living on your own, it's selfish to bring children into a life of poverty. Teach and prepare them to be self sufficient. Don't perpetuate continued poverty in your family.

Wow, that was easy!
You really think people who are trapped in generational poverty are capable of such rational thought?

Every one of my parents' kids make 6 figure salary. You're preaching to the wrong people.

Edit.

FYI this is not my idea. I got it from one of you right wing crazies.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:25 PM

26,692 posts, read 14,635,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Well, yeah, actually: grateful about being alive. If you think the alternative is better, I would be willing to bet there are sick and dying people who would happily accept the gift of those years you don't consider worth living.

Of course there are terrible things to endure, but there are moments of tremendous joy, too, at least for most people, probably you among them. If you truly regret having been born, please, get some help, or at the very least, don't condemn those who honestly believe that life is a gift.
Please don't take things to the extreme. I am indifferent. I don't think life is that grand or the death is so horrible, but it doesn't mean I am ready to abandon one to embrace another. Death seems to be terrible because it's an unknown - we humans are scared of unknowns. As I was told, there could be heavens and 72 virgins etc. etc. etc. We don't know any of those is true, but we'll find out.

If we can live forever, living would become meaningless. Only the existence of our certain death makes this life meaningful.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:27 PM

26,692 posts, read 14,635,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I would be more than happy to pay the taxes involved to pay people to not breed out more impoverished people.
Not a tax. No one stops us from pooling our own money together to fund a charity that pays people to sterilize, right?

It's even tax deductible.

If I must pay tax, they need to be give up voting right. That's not going to happen, is it?

Old 03-09-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Me and the wife are both in our late 50's. Sounds like an easy 4K a month. Let's do it!
I'm sure if this ever becomes law people like you will be exempt LOL.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:28 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,798,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Sounds like a good plan to me.

No one who is unable to support themselves should be allowed to have any more children. It's not fair to taxpayers or the children.
Planned Parenthood is trying to help people who are economically disadvantaged to not get pregnant, but the Republicans want to get rid of it. And note that a very small percentage of what PP does is abortions. Most of it is women's health and birth control. So Pubs, who hate the poor already, are shooting themselves in the foot by not giving the poor the means to limit their children.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Not a tax. No one stops us from pooling our own money together to fund a charity that pays people to sterilize, right?

If I must pay tax, they need to be give up voting right. That's not going to happen, is it?
Actually, I'm down for making them give up their voting rights as well. Since right wingers mistakenly believe poor people vote Democrat, this should not be a problem for conservatives. Hint: poor people tend to vote conservative.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:31 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,623,551 times
Quote:
Please don't take things to the extreme. I am indifferent. I don't think life is that grand or the death is so horrible, but it doesn't mean I am ready to abandon one to embrace another. Death seems to be terrible because it's an unknown - we humans are scared of unknowns. As I was told, there could be heavens and 72 virgins etc. etc. etc. We don't know any of those is true, but we'll find out.

If we can live forever, living would become meaningless. Only the existence of our certain death makes this life meaningful.
I took things to the extreme to see if I could get to the bottom of what you meant by indifferent. I have a bit of a better idea now, so thank you.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:32 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,536,448 times
Quote:

Why do they need to give up the right to vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies