Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 11:42 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
How about you respond to the proposed solution instead of sounding like the crazy cat lady?

Edit.

In other words, what's wrong with giving poor people incentives to not breed?
Giving poor people incentive not to breed? LOL. Here's the incentive. If you breed without being able to support yourself without tax payer dollars then you will be poor.

I didn't have children early on because I couldn't support them and I didn't want to be poor. that was enough "incentive" for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
If you can't understand lifeexplorer's and many others position, you are an example of poor mentality and immorality being passed to you (another generation). So is this what you teach your kids? That it's ok to live off the tax payer? If so, you are passing it on to the next generation.
Seriously, WTF? I simply said to lifeexplorer that not everyone who chooses to have children is a selfish jerk, and expressed surprise at the statement of indifference to having been born.

I don't teach my kids anything, because I don't HAVE kids. It has nothing to do with a horror of creating more humans, nor does it mean I am too selfish to raise a child. I just never met, during my childbearing years, someone with whom I wanted to make a family.

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
[quote=MetroWord;47452969]How about you respond to the proposed solution instead of sounding like the crazy cat lady?

Edit.

In other words, what's wrong with giving poor people incentives to not breed?[/QUOTE]

They need to be negative financial consequences intstead of simply paying people for doing what they should do of their own accord.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:43 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Our economy depends on spending and growth. If you decline the birthdate, then we need even more immigrants.
It's dependent due to our social services Ponzi schemes.

We need to at least stop our growth.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Well you quoted me when you asked the question. See above
Wrong. Read the thread.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:48 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
What part of voluntary don't you understand?
I understand the word quite well but as the topic is a rather pointless hypothetical situation i was pointing out the probable
mindset behind the topic.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:08 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You are reading an awful lot into my question, which was simply this: Are you grateful to be alive, happy to have been born?
What to be grateful about being alive? Life is not the only destination, and it only has meaning because of our certain death. Life isn't really full of happiness either - each one of us must endure a lot terrible things in life.

Grateful for being born? My parents couldn't even afford me. What should I be grateful about?

Old 03-09-2017, 12:09 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I understand the word quite well but as the topic is a rather pointless hypothetical situation i was pointing out the probable
mindset behind the topic.
I think if enough of us pool our money together, we can get this thing started, particularly if we can get some liberals to put their money where their mouth is.

Actually, we don't even need to pay people monthly. Just offering $2000 in exchange for voluntary sterilization would be enough.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What to be grateful about being alive? Life is not the only destination, and it only has meaning because of our certain death. Life isn't really full of happiness either - each one of us must endure a lot terrible things in life.

Grateful for being born? My parents couldn't even afford me. What should be grateful about?
Well, yeah, actually: grateful about being alive. If you think the alternative is better, I would be willing to bet there are sick and dying people who would happily accept the gift of those years you don't consider worth living.

Of course there are terrible things to endure, but there are moments of tremendous joy, too, at least for most people, probably you among them. If you truly regret having been born, please, get some help, or at the very least, don't condemn those who honestly believe that life is a gift.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:19 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Quote:
Giving poor people incentive not to breed? LOL. Here's the incentive. If you breed without being able to support yourself without tax payer dollars then you will be poor.

I didn't have children early on because I couldn't support them and I didn't want to be poor. that was enough "incentive" for me.
Somalia and Haiti have no social benefits to speak of and poor people seem to have no problem breeding put more poor people there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies